Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NEW VPS PLAN! $2/month, 256RAM+128MB vSwap, 10GB Disk, 500GB Bandwidth
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NEW VPS PLAN! $2/month, 256RAM+128MB vSwap, 10GB Disk, 500GB Bandwidth

shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep
edited February 2013 in Offers

We are introducing a smaller VPS plan to even better cater to the LowEndBox community. This plan is hosting on Intel Xeon or AMD Opteron servers, and all server nodes have RAID. Located in WholesaleInternet or DataShack. We're no longer provisioning any new nodes at OVH because they do not fit our long-term business plan. Also, we've added a ton more OS templates to your choice.
Offer Details:
-256MB RAM, 128MB vSwap
-1 CPU Core
-10GB Storage
-500GB Bandwidth @ 10Mbps
-1 IP Address
There is no promo code required. Direct order link is here:
https://shovehost.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=74

Comments

• @shovenose said: since we hate them.

Showing your age.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

@GetKVM_Ash what, their support is useless. Sure, their network is good as well as the pricing, but they do not fit our long-term business model, so we are moving on. We are keeping the two nodes we have there (openvz1 and openvz3) however nothing new is being provisioned there.

• HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2013

An actual low end vps on LET GASP

• Belongs in the offers category.

edited February 2013

@CVPS_Kevin sorry about that, fixed.
    @Hassan_Reverse exactly; thought I'd try something different than our how much RAM can you get for $7 plans. :)

This is a nice offer!

@Damian huh?I do think it is a nice offer. Why?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Well done. Tip: hype annual subscription on that ;)

@jarland... Thanks. I hope people will buy it for as long as they would like it. I don't want to force them to pay annually if they don't need it for a year.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Oh believe me, they want to buy a good deal annually :)

• @shovenose said: huh?I do think it is a nice offer. Why?

I was stating that it was a nice offer. Am I not allowed to do so? I can refrain from complementing you in the future otherwise.

edited February 2013

@Damian Haha no I appreciate the kind words; especially because this is my first true LowEnd offer :) I just didn't know what the image you included had to do with it.

• JeffreyJeffrey Member
    edited February 2013

@shovenose said: WholesaleInternet or DataShack

Why not just use 1 of those providers since they're both located in the same building?

• @Jeffrey said: Why not just use 1 of those providers since they're both located in the same building?

Taking advantage of promo deals, I'd assume

@Jeffrey Because, as @ihatetonyy said, I can get cheaper pricing depending what is in stock at DataShack and what promos WSI is running.

• @Hassan_Reverse We did a 64MB deal a while back :)

• HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

@SimpleNode said: @Hassan_Reverse We did a 64MB deal a while back :)

Wasn't it like $6 annually?

• 10Mbps?

:(

@NateN34 It's because I'm worried about abusers on these cheap plans. If it really bothers you, open a ticket after you've had it for a little while for a legitimate purpose and if I'm in a good mood I might bump it up. But I don't want one $2/month user to use up all the bandwidth and ruin everybody else's experience.

• @shovenose said: I can get cheaper pricing depending what is in stock at DataShack and what promos WSI is running.

you are saying Datashack will match WSI prices?

edited February 2013

• @shovenose said: WSI is more expensive

Ah ok, so your saying normally datashack is cheaper unless WSI is having a promo..

WSI/Datashack is the same staff so not sure why you think one is better than the other.

Nevermind :)

• What does this mean for my plan with you on an OVH server?

@Nekki you're fine, I'm leaving the existing OVH servers up. Just not provisioning any new ones there.

• No payment option is shown , so free VPS is it . thanks :D

• @thehray on the topic it say " NEW VPS PLAN! $2/month, 256RAM+128MB vSwap, 10GB Disk, 500GB Bandwidth"

• @casper when I go to the final page there is no payment option . I also commented on your build your VPS thread .but u dont have google checkout as payment option.

• @shovenose said: @Nekki you're fine, I'm leaving the existing OVH servers up. Just not provisioning any new ones there.

I'm a more concerned about your comment on support being useless though; if your experience is they can't get stuff fixed for you, where does that leave me as a customer - surely you'd be looking to migrate us to a node where you have the level of support you need?

I ask because I haven't yet deployed my project on the plan I have with you, and your comments leave me wondering if I actually should bother at all, since your OVH support problems sound like they could leave me with some serious headaches if the node I'm on runs into difficulties.

• @thehray you send me a email and I message you back. Try wait march 1 see if I can make a account.