Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[SOLD OUT] Oneprovider - Europe i3-530 2x1000GB RAID, 4GB RAM, 1gbps port @ 10 Euros a month - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[SOLD OUT] Oneprovider - Europe i3-530 2x1000GB RAID, 4GB RAM, 1gbps port @ 10 Euros a month

Comments

• vishvish Member
    edited April 2017

@Clouvider said:
    Isn't that obvious for a $10 dedicated server that you can't really consume bandwidth for $400 ?

Yup

• Not only that @Clouvider if someone was to do that I might be a little pissed. Use your god damned head for something other then a hat rack. A dedi 1Gbps line for $10 seriously? Be mindful of others and I am sure you will have no problems.

• would you guys consider ~20TB per month fair usage?

• if only it has 8GB RAM I will take it all..

I'm not sure 4Gb will be good enough for my need

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Gamma17Gamma17 Member
    edited April 2017

Just how much i hate all this obscure "fair share" usage "policies"...
    The offer is so good that i actually considered buying one too, but... i just cannot make myself buy something with "if we consider your usage unfair we will simply terminate your service" written all over the place without even slightest hint on what they may consider unfair. That just feels wrong no matter how many bandwidth ( or anything else) i am actually planning to use...

Thanked by 2Yura ucxo
  • HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@theyeti said:
    would you guys consider ~20TB per month fair usage?

Yeah, shouldn't be an issue. The original Online.net product description someone linked showed 250Mbps guaranteed, so you should be fine. I've pushed over 20TB on the Kidechire and with a couple Kimsufi boxes.

• nyxnyx Member

Since this is just a resold online.net dedibox DC DELL I would imagine that the fair usage policy is similar to that of online.net and OneProvider won't bother you unless they get bothered by online.net

Just don't exceed that 250Mbps guaranteed bandwidth too often and you should be fine.

@nyx said:

Just don't exceed that 250Mbps guaranteed bandwidth too often and you should be fine.

Yep, should be the same specs/features as initial offer: https://documentation.online.net/en/dedicated-server/offers/old/server-dedibox-dc-dell

• johnnymattjohnnymatt Member
    edited April 2017

@Clouvider said: Isn't that obvious for a $10 dedicated server that you can't really consume bandwidth for $400 ?

Are you jealous of this offer? :) Anyway its obvious that for a $10 dedicated server you can't really consume bandwidth for $400. Even chickens knows that. But a projection of 15TB (or more) seems more than legitimate

Thanked by 1Dormeo
  • @Harambe said:

@nyx said:

Yep, should be the same specs/features as initial offer: https://documentation.online.net/en/dedicated-server/offers/old/server-dedibox-dc-dell

what is the original price from online.net?

@didtav said:

what is the original price from online.net?

Just did some googling, from this site it shows 39.99€ when it launched 6 years ago - https://www.freenews.fr/freenews-edition-nationale-299/divers-1/renouvellement-des-offres-online-net-9753

• @Setsura said:
    Must be a new blanket policy for everyone.

Nope. I had a server last year, and had no fraud BS today when I ordered using PayPal.

• Did anyone already got one activated? Can you please share a normal benchmark test?

• @nqservices said:
    Did anyone already got one activated? Can you please share a normal benchmark test?

+1

• akhfaakhfa Member

Why don't you all post disk age? There are many power on hours posts in kimsufi thread

@akhfa said:
    Why don't you all post disk age? There are many power on hours posts in kimsufi thread

Because no one has their machines yet. Jeez.

Thanked by 2johnnymatt rm_
  • AuroraZAuroraZ Barred
    edited April 2017

Why don't we all get them before people start asking for shit. It takes about 3 days for them to be delivered for the love of all that is holy.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Wow no 2 minute delivery? What a scam. Time to open a paypal dispute.

Thanked by 3johnnymatt netomx tux
  • crjscrjs Member
    edited April 2017

@Setsura said:
    Wow no 2 minute delivery? What a scam. Time to open a paypal dispute.

Asians be like...

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Setsura said: Wow no 2 minute delivery? What a scam. Time to open a paypal dispute.

I know man such scam going on, I can hardly believe it.

FFS have some damned patience people. It is a good deal and sometimes you have to wait a bit for them. Not meant at Setsura lol.

• I wonder what happens if/when they oversell these? Or would they have a functioning stock counter that stops orders once they sell out?

• Thanks for posting this, fits my needs perfectly. I had no issues with verification either. Paid via PayPal and all I had to do was click a confirmation link in an email they sent to the PayPal address.

• mrbbmrbb Member

@iamthepizza Thanks for the info! This is my first Dedi. 3 days worth to wait:)

• No option to skip hardware raid and get individual disks passed through?

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

vimalware said: No option to skip hardware raid and get individual disks passed through?

It's advertised as having IPMI support, you should be able to do that with it.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • S3phyS3phy Member
    edited April 2017

@vimalware said:
    No option to skip hardware raid and get individual disks passed through?

You might be able to configure it with the documentation @ online.net, as this is an older online.net server.

https://documentation.online.net/en/dedicated-server/hardware/raid/card-dell-perc-h200

Just make sure that you actually have that raid card.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • I see i3-530 listed as 2586 passmark, so the single thread speed isn't that bad.

@rm_ said:

vimalware said: No option to skip hardware raid and get individual disks passed through?

Curious about this. Does anyone know if they have an automated reinstall system / passthrough IPMI/DRAC access to the OneProvider portal or do you need to ticket for reinstalls, etc?

Thanked by 1johnnymatt
  • @Harambe said:

@rm_ said:

Curious about this. Does anyone know if they have an automated reinstall system / passthrough IPMI/DRAC access to the OneProvider portal or do you need to ticket for reinstalls, etc?

Ticket for reinstalls.

• SetsuraSetsura Member
    edited April 2017

@Harambe said:

@rm_ said:

Their panel has a button to request IPMI access, I recall that one time there was a ticket created for them to "approve" the access but I think after that it just automatically gave you the info when you used the button. Reinstalls are automated I believe as well, presumably with some API to online.net's system for installs.

Thanked by 1vimalware