Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[RamNode] E3 SSD-Cached KVM - Limited Time Promo! AND 30% off! [SSD - KVM - VZ -RAID10 - 1Gbps]
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[RamNode] E3 SSD-Cached KVM - Limited Time Promo! AND 30% off! [SSD - KVM - VZ -RAID10 - 1Gbps]

Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep
edited February 2013 in Offers

RamNode - High Performance SSD VPS Hosting

High Performance RAID10 SSD and SSD-Cached VPSs

For a LIMITED TIME, we are offering our 512MB CKVM-E3 plan for only $7/mo!

Use the coupon E3CKVM7 to get yours! Order HERE.

512MB CKVM-E3

• RAM: 512MB
  • Cores: 2 @ 3.3GHz+
  • 30GB RAID10 SSD-Cached HDD Space
  • 1 IPv4 Address
  • 16 IPv6 Addresses
  • 2000GB Bandwidth

If you need one of our other plans, we are happy to offer our usual special of 30% OFF! Just use the coupon LET30 to get your VPS at 30% off for LIFE! You can see our other LEB plans below.

About Us

RamNode exists for one purpose: to provide affordable VPSs with powerful features. Our years of hosting experience as both clients and providers have inspired us to offer the kind of hosting that clients want at the kind of prices clients want to pay. Though our prices are low, performance is our main focus. We know that our best assets are our loyal customers, so we strive to provide hosting they will rave about to their fellow internet users. Our SSD and SSD-cached VPSs are perfect for a wide range of applications. With our top quality hardware, we can guarantee that our clients will get the most bang for their buck.

Our SuperMicro enterprise grade servers are stocked with Samsung SSDs in lightning fast, LSI-powered RAID10 arrays. Our servers provide incredible I/O as well as the safety of drive redundancy. We use powerful Intel Ivy Bridge and Sandy Bridge processors on our VPS nodes. CPU is allocated on a fair share basis per VPS, only limited by the number of cores in each plan.

Our VPSs are hosted in Atlanta, GA. Our servers are located at 55 Marietta, where we own all of our hardware and network (AS3842).

RamNode offers KVM and OpenVZ VPSs. Please see below for more details.

=====================================

VPS Features

In addition to our great hardware, each VPS comes with the following features:

• SolusVM control panel
  • 1Gbps fair share port speed
  • INSTANT setup
  • Weekly remote backups

OpenVZ SSD VPS

128MB SVZ

• RAM: 128MB
  • VSwap: 128MB
  • Cores: 1
  • 5GB RAID10 SSD Space
  • 1 IPv4 Address
  • 16 IPv6 Addresses
  • 500GB Bandwidth

Price: $24.00/yr $16.80/yr | Order Now

256MB SVZ

• RAM: 256MB
  • VSwap: 256MB
  • 10GB RAID10 SSD Space
  • 1 IPv4 Address
  • 16 IPv6 Addresses
  • 1000GB Bandwidth

Price: $12.75/qtr $8.93/qtr | Order Now

512MB SVZ

• VSwap: 512MB
  • Cores: 2
  • 20GB RAID10 SSD Space
  • 1 IPv4 Address
  • 16 IPv6 Addresses
  • 2000GB Bandwidth

Price: $7.50/mo $5.25/mo | Order Now

OpenVZ SSD-Cached VPS

128MB CVZ

• RAM: 128MB
  • VSwap: 128MB
  • 30GB RAID10 SSD-Cached HDD Space
  • 1 IPv4 Address
  • 16 IPv6 Addresses
  • 500GB Bandwidth

Price: $24.00/yr $16.80/yr | Order Now

256MB CVZ

• VSwap: 256MB
  • 50GB RAID10 SSD-Cached HDD Space
  • 1 IPv4 Address
  • 16 IPv6 Addresses
  • 1000GB Bandwidth

Price: $12.75/qtr $8.93/qtr | Order Now

512MB CVZ

• VSwap: 512MB
  • Cores: 2
  • 60GB RAID10 SSD-Cached HDD Space
  • 1 IPv4 Address
  • 16 IPv6 Addresses
  • 2000GB Bandwidth

Price: $7.50/mo $5.25/mo | Order Now

KVM SSD VPS

256MB SKVM

• 5GB RAID10 SSD Space
  • 1 IPv4 Address
  • 16 IPv6 Addresses
  • 1000GB Bandwidth

Price: $6.00/mo $4.20/mo | Order Now

KVM SSD-Cached VPS

256MB CKVM-E5

• 20GB RAID10 SSD-Cached HDD Space
  • 1 IPv4 Address
  • 16 IPv6 Addresses
  • 1000GB Bandwidth

Price: $6.00/mo $4.20/mo | Order Now

FAQ

How long does VPS setup take?
Your VPS will be setup INSTANTLY upon receipt of payment (unless we happen to be out of stock). KVM VPSs are available instantly, but you are responsible for installing the OS (KVM Guide).

How can I pay?
We accept PayPal and Google Wallet.

How long have you been in business?
RamNode LLC was founded in June 2012. We have hosted thousands of clients in other professional capacities since 2006.

What's the best way to get help when I need it?
Our VPSs are unmanaged, but you can open a ticket for acceptable support requests. We are also available on Live Chat, Skype, and IRC.

What kind of hardware do you use?
We use Intel Ivy and Sandy Bridge CPUs, LSI RAID cards, Samsung SSDs, and Western Digital or Seagate enterprise HDDs.

How fast is your connection?
Our VPS nodes are connected to the internet at 1Gbps. Your VPS can use all of that speed on a fair share basis.

Do you have any network tests?
Atlanta:
IPv4 - 199.241.28.6
IPv6 - 2604:180::2
IPv4 100MB download - test.atl.ramnode.com/100MB.test
IPv6 100MB download - http://[2604:180::7a1c:3cd1]/100MB.test

What's the difference between SSD and SSD-Cached?
SSD-cached VPSs store "hot" data (data frequently called on by the server) in a RAID10 array of SSDs. These VPSs come with lots of hard drive space, but still have similar performance to an all-SSD VPS.

What operating systems are available?
We offer a variety of Linux 32 and 64-bit OS templates and ISOs.

Can I use my VPS for ___?
Please see our AUP.

What control panel comes with your VPSs?
Our VPSs come with the SolusVM control panel.

Do you provide remote backups?
Yes, we take remote backups of each VPS image on a weekly basis. We keep each backup for seven days, at which time it is overwritten with a new backup. You can request a VPS restore through a support ticket.

Other Info

Affiliate System
Sign up for our affiliate system and you can earn a credit for your account of 8% from each invoice of new clients you refer to us.

Contact Us

There are a variety of ways you can contact us:
Sales: sales[at]ramnode.com
Support: support[at]ramnode.com
Billing: billing[at]ramnode.com
Twitter: RamNode
Facebook: RamNode
IRC: #ramnode on irc.esper.net
Community Forum: http://forum.ramnode.com

You can also catch us on Live Chat or open up a ticket from the Client Area.

Comments

• I would recommend them to anyone!

Currently running on my 256mb cached:

Irssi
    Teeworlds server
    Rtorrent (not a seedbox but for streaming)
    Vpn
    http://f63.net (site an radio both)
    All my other sites.

And no problems after 3 months.

• Good hardware, good DC.

• & bad price

• How come bad price? It's quite cheap to be honest. Of course they are not in the super high ram bandwagon.

• BayuBayu Member
    edited February 2013

@murky said: & bad price

Absolutely not!
    Are you 'poorer' than me? So sad..

Maybe for other people, spend $7 is nothing, but well, in my country with $7 (~70k IDR) you can feed your family for 3 days.

RamNode has great vps with excellent performance at an affordable price even without a discount, and great support too.

• any diffrent this promo with other post before ?

• @Bayu Well, here I can't even get a burger delivered for $7.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@ZeroCool said: any diffrent this promo with other post before ?

Our previous one was the 512MB CKVM-E5 (new plan), whereas this one is on our old E3 system. Less space, faster per core processing.

You must not know how much the hardware for one of these servers costs :P We don't shoot for the bare minimum and pack as many people as possible onto a server at RamNode. I've had many clients refuse to use coupons and tell me to raise my prices because they understand what all goes into this when you own all of your equipment and constantly strive to put the best pieces in every server. But hey, RamNode isn't for everyone.

Thanks for your kind words everyone else!

@jcaleb said: How come bad price? It's quite cheap to be honest. Of course they are not in the super high ram bandwagon.

Yep, I'm staying well clear of the race to the bottom there. Only one provider wins that dumb battle and that's CVPS/CC. I'd rather provide the best services possible, and that means sustainable prices on our higher end products.

• budingyunbudingyun Member
    edited February 2013

@Bayu said: $7 (~7k IDR)

Is it USD 1 = IDR 9k? :o

USD 7 = MYR 21 here.

$7 USD, if that answers your question?

• @murky You need a smack of reality on your face if you expect Real 2-3GB vps for 7$.

• The 2GB thing is pretty shrewd, because you're making your competition look bad, knowing that people stupid enough to buy a 2GB VPS for 7 dollars probably aren't going to be using all of those resources anyway. At the same time you drive down people's opinion of the more or less average prices where 512MB servers run around 7 bucks (give or take a bit based on other features).

It really is a race to the bottom though, because no provider selling that hardware for 7 bucks could actually deliver it if even 70-80 percent of their customers wanted to use it. If you're willing to take that chance, and you're using more than 512 but less than 2GB, then the Ponzi scheme pays out and it's a good deal for you. Just have realistic expecations.

In other words:

You're wrong.

Right, and some people have the massive overselling down pat like CVPS. Others, however, are just playing into their hands trying to compete there.

Regardless, RamNode is not even involved in that market :) We have pioneered the low-priced, high performance line, and that's where we're sticking!

• +1 for RamNode. Not mentioned, but other things I like with them, are both ipv4/6 rdns via Solus and very good eu connectivity.

• We recently bought a VPS from Ramnode for the purpose of a PowerDNS server, I must say we're really pleased with it! Fantastic job, Nick!

Thanks @bobby and @Oxide!

• RamNode offers a very fast, affordable VPS.

Currently running on my 512MB CVZ:

• I2P node
    • Minecraft server
    • Heavy dynamic websites

RamNode handles it like it's nothing new. I also have access to an SKVM running a Minecraft server and BNC, and a SVZ running a BYOND world that would normally lag even a dedicated server but doesn't, alongside a small whitelisted Minecraft server.

• @Nick_A said: 256MB CKVM-E5

Would windows 2008 run on this?

@earl said: Would windows 2008 run on this?

I'm not sure about the RAM requirements, but it has plenty of space.