Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Single URPad VPS for sale (personal)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Single URPad VPS for sale (personal)

DStroutDStrout Member
edited February 2013 in Offers

First thing: Liam said I could post here
Second thing: Yes, this is the same as I posted in the cest pit, then deleted. I found out URPad doesn't do refunds :)

With that out of the way, here's the deal: I have a URPad VPS I bought on an impulse, but am realizing now I really didn't need. So, I'd like to sell it off to someone here. The specs are as follows:

40 GB Hard Drive
768 MB Guaranteed RAM
1024 MB Burstable RAM
750 GB Bandwidth
100Mbps Port
1 IP Address
OpenVZ
Located in Chicaco (test IP: 198.144.179.130)
Currently has Ubuntu 12.04 on it, but of course you can reinstall it.

This is the $19/yr "2K13JAN768MB" plan. I've had it for 10 days and done nothing with it, and you can get it now for $15 for the year (until February 11, 2014). There is, I'm sure, no better price/spec ratio currently available right now. I've talked with URPad, and they'll do the transfer. If you're interested, PM me.

Comments

• user123user123 Member
    edited February 2013

You might have more luck getting someone interested if you specify which of their 3 locations this is in :). I would have probably bought it from you if I hadn't just bought the same package from them earlier this week xD. It's a GREAT price for what you get and their helpdesk is very responsive (and helpful!).

• DStroutDStrout Member
    edited February 2013

@user123 Ah, thanks, I knew I was forgetting something. In for two?

• user123user123 Member
    edited February 2013

@DStrout said: @user123 Ah, thanks, I knew I was forgetting something. In for two?

Haha, thanks, but not right now. I already have two LEBs that I'm not really using :$. I bought them just to use as private VPNs for when I'm away from home. I have OpenVPN AS working on one so far, but am still working with one other host to get the TUN/TAP manually enabled on my VPS container. I still haven't actually used the VPN yet. I am in the market for a low-end UK VPS, though, if you have one you're trying to get rid of (ideally $15/year or less, for the same purposes - a barely-used private VPN and personal file storage server)!

• My entire "stock" is listed in my sig link, but I don't have any non-US VMs.

• @DStrout said: My entire "stock" is listed in my sig link, but I don't have any non-US VMs.

OMFG!
    You won't believe me but... I have a similar spreadsheet with pricing, specs and notes about my usage for each one LOL
    And yes, I have too some reasons to get rid of some of them XDDDD

• DStroutDStrout Member
    edited February 2013

Just put that together a few days ago. It's very helpful in a lot of instances:

• I want to start some project/test/whatever and I want to remember what servers I have, and which would be best for the [whatever].
    • I want to show off my "collection"
    • I want to buy a new VPS - it reminds me I don't need one :)

Anyway, as you can tell, I'm trying to slim down the list. The BudgetVM one is scheduled to be cancelled, and I'm trying to sell this one.

• Sold!

• user123user123 Member
    edited February 2013

@DStrout said: Sold!

That took a long time :P. Congrats

• @user123 said: That took a long time

A lot quicker when I was able to post it here! Mods, please close.

• I think it doesnt matter which location, as it is easy to request urpad to transfer to other location