Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

online.net kidechire EOL - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

online.net kidechire EOL

Comments

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

black said: If you recall when you actually paid for your server, it was prorated billing.

First month I paid for some days, but at the moment of provisioning, all other invoices were generated and paid on the 1st of each month, not 20. The 20th is probably the deadline to cancel before you are charged next month, whether you use it or not.

• I haven't seen this email yet.

aw shucks. Kidechire was (1 of 2 ) among my bastion hosts whitelisted everywhere.

Scrambling to add couple more boxes to the whitelist.

• Well, whatever - they're weirdos for me.

They're doing things like this one

They forbid to even move this new super server to another account (corporate)

Well, I don't know wtf, but everything here look strange.

• blackblack Member

Visit https://console.online.net/en/account/services you'll see kidéchire is set to expire in may and the delivery date for "Dedibox SC SATA 2016" is set to May, even though the server is delivered right now.

Thanked by 1sin
  • sinsin Member

Mine gives an "Install over KVM" option, so this comes with that? My Kidechire was in Paris but this one is in AMS1.

I have no such thing in my console yet. Maybe they have not updated all yet.

• such a sad news :(

• blackblack Member

On an unrelated note, who's going to keep the new Dedibox SC SATA 2016 server? If not, where are you moving your services to? Scaleway?

• Long live OneProvider. They will receive all those Kidechire for more profit. http://oneprovider.com/dedicated-servers/paris-france

Thanked by 1netomx
    edited March 2017

black said: If not, where are you moving your services to? Scaleway?

Aruba, i can get 9 of those smart deals for the price of one dedi.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • vishvish Member

That sucks. Why force clients to swap instead of slowly phasing them out as they die off instead?

• blackblack Member

default said: Long live OneProvider. They will receive all those Kidechire for more profit. http://oneprovider.com/dedicated-servers/paris-france

I think they will phase those out as well.

Maounique said: Aruba, i can get 9 of those smart deals for the price of one dedi.

Yeah but only 180 GB of storage split across 9 servers instead of 1TB and some other benefits like using your CPU 24x7 with unlimited bandwidth @ 1 Gbps.

• mov3mov3 Member
    edited March 2017
    The billing of the new server will begin at the first may, so you have just to terminate this, we will not charge it :-)

I got the other answer

• NihimNihim Member

@vish said:
    That sucks. Why force clients to swap instead of slowly phasing them out as they die off instead?

They already did that since I think last summer? I remember discussing it over IRC. My kidechire's disk died few months ago (for which they could replace the hardware as it is not fans / MB etc which they don't have spare parts for) and they only offered to upgrade me to the SC without the fee.

Even for that apparently there was an end date.

• YuraYura Member

@vish said:

Number-crunchers ran through spreadsheets and decided it's a better business decision considering scales, automation, amortisation, etc.

• Hello,

The Dedibox Kidéchire has reached its end of life and we deliver automatically a Dedibox SC 2016 as replacement for your current server.
    The new server is offered without setup fees and you can use it during April without any additional costs.
    At the end of April we will terminate your current server and the billing for the new server begins on May 1st.

If you don't want to keep your server you can request termination of the service from your account.

Cheers,

bene

• jenkkijenkki Member
    edited March 2017

mov3 said: The online.net answered me they charge me €8.99 next month even i cancel new server now.

Folks Its time to replace your Credit Cards ;)

edited March 2017

black said: Yeah but only 180 GB of storage split across 9 servers instead of 1TB and some other benefits like using your CPU 24x7 with unlimited bandwidth @ 1 Gbps.

Yes, the storage is a lost cause, personally I wasn't using it though, but 9x1 serious shared core > 1 full "scheme of a" CPU. Also, the traffic is not such a problem, I will have more locations and IPs.

• blackblack Member

Maounique said: Yes, the storage is a lost cause, personally I wasn't using it though, but 9x1 serious shared core > 1 full "scheme of a" CPU. Also, the traffic is not such a problem, I will have more locations and IPs.

Ah ok. I was using mine for storage mainly so I need to disk space.

• pechspilzpechspilz Member
    edited March 2017

@rds100 said:

theqkash said: Intel C2350

I.e. the ones that were found out to die and refuse to boot after a year or two?

I just received two new servers as well for my Kidechires.

I ordered a C2350 a month ago and it was DOA (or DOP, dead on provisioning) because of the known CPU bug. They right away refunded it and told me to chose a different plan since they had issues with this CPU. Autoprovisioning such a crap server without even asking while saying these models are problematic is quite an ass move by Online.

Thanked by 1vimalware

pechspilz said: Autoprovisioning such a crap server without even asking while saying these models are problematic is quite an ass move by Online.

Yeah, to be honest i didnt expect it, maybe they had some lingering ones and felt they need to offer some compensation.

• IshaqIshaq Member

@black said: Yeah but only 180 GB of storage split across 9 servers instead of 1TB and some other benefits like using your CPU 24x7 with unlimited bandwidth @ 1 Gbps.

The kidechires are 160GB not 1TB?

• IshaqIshaq Member

16:15:15 up 921 days, 21:56, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.01, 0.05

"EOL"

• @Ishaq said:
    16:15:15 up 921 days, 21:56, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.01, 0.05

"EOL"

Will you see that uptime on new servers?

• @pechspilz said:
    I ordered a C2350 a month ago and it was DOA because of the known CPU bug. They ... told me ... they had issues with this CPU.

Interesting, did they confirm it was actually dead due to the intel issue. The fact they tried to steer you away from the platform, profit motive aside, suggests the problem may be having more impact than we Cxxxx users might like.

• I have a kidéchire, no email as of yet. Damn, I'm going to miss that little box.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited March 2017

As they said before they make loss, they did it because of marketing.
    So I guess they clearing out the old "stuff" to fit new server into there racks, simple as that.

Only some people lost there Kidichires before because of HW failure but that wasn't enought it seems.

And the worst on that is, they had 8.99 Atoms with 4 Cores and 4k benchmark before and I KILLED IT, now I pay same price for less resources, meh.

• FuslFusl Member
    edited March 2017
    Product              | CPU points | Price | CPU points per €
    ---------------------+------------+-------+-----------------
    Dedibox kidéchire    | 377        | €1.99 | 189.44
    Dedibox SC SATA 2016 | 898        | €8.99 | 99.88

So they essentially upgrade the CPU but I get only half of the CPU performance for the price of a kidechire... Time to cancel I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanked by 2Issam2204 arda
  • pechspilzpechspilz Member
    edited March 2017

@cochon said:
    Interesting, did they confirm it was actually dead due to the intel issue. The fact they tried to steer you away from the platform, profit motive aside, suggests the problem may be having more impact than we Cxxxx users might like.

This is the exact content of the support message I received after I opened a ticket because I was unable to install anything on the provisioned C2350 server a few weeks ago:

Hello,
    we are currently experiencing worries about this range.
    Would you like a retraction and a refund for the month being rented for this server

Regards

• blackblack Member

Ishaq said: The kidechires are 160GB not 1TB?

I was comparing the 2016 server that's been provisioned as a replacement with 1TB drives. The arubacloud 1 euro server has 20 GB SSD storage * 9.