Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Storage Servers] Time4VPS.eu | RAID6 | IPv4/IPv6 | Additional Discount! | Monster offer - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Storage Servers] Time4VPS.eu | RAID6 | IPv4/IPv6 | Additional Discount! | Monster offer

2»

Comments

• cociucociu Member
    edited March 2017

deadbeef said: I suppose we have to thank @cociu :D

nope , you need to thanks to your provider , i dont like compare with anothers , i think all we have something different like : location , different services , different etc etc.

Thanked by 1lion
  • @cociu said:

deadbeef said: I suppose we have to thank @cociu :D

nope , you need to thanks to your provider , i dont like compare with anothers , i think all we have something different like : location , different services , different etc etc.

Considering you still haven't bothered sending me an order link after you told me to PM you for it, and then this came along, I still think thanks are due to you ;)

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2017

@time4vps Codes gone?

Thanked by 2deadbeef vimalware
  • @Nekki said:
    I bet the coupons are gone now, right? Might have made me bite. What was the 2TB offer btw? If someone can PM me, I'd be mightily greatful.

It was exactly the same price as on their website, at 5.99 euro/month for biennially, so 143 euro/2 years.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@teamacc said:

@Nekki said:
    I bet the coupons are gone now, right? Might have made me bite. What was the 2TB offer btw? If someone can PM me, I'd be mightily greatful.

It was exactly the same price as on their website, at 5.99 euro/month for biennially, so 143 euro/2 years.

That does not excite me sexually.

• What is the trick to enable ipv6

• WSSWSS Member

@texteditor said:
    What is the trick to enable ipv6

A liberal application of alcohol tends to help.

• romanzromanz Member
    edited March 2017

Tried to purchase, but hit the wall.

Website wants phone verification, it accepted the US number starting with area code, but no text message came. Tried to edit account and use international format with 001 or +1 prefix but website is rejecting both.

To complete the purchase, account needs to be verified.

To open ticket, the account needs to be verified.

And now received an email asking to send either scan of driver's license, ID, passport, electrical or phone bill. Unfortunately, this is not something I am used to provide with 12 EUR purchase. Understand the fraud scare, why not simply make the payment non-refundable, is there a way with Paypal to do that ?

• Turn off your vpn and try again ;)

• romanzromanz Member
    edited March 2017

@willie said:
    Turn off your vpn and try again ;)

If it were so simple, but I dont have VPN.

Btw. now when coming to the client area it just gives message "Account Verification Required" regardless what I click. I give up.

Any other storage offers similar to this one ? I am considering Backblaze B2, they charge $5/TB/m and scale as needed and what I like about them is they offer Restore By Mail service for the price of couriering HDD as long as HDD is returned in 30 days.

• williewillie Member
    edited March 2017

romanz said:

Any other storage offers similar to this one ?

Cociu has one that's currently out of stock but I think he is working on expanding it.

Don't use B2, the outbound bandwidth charges will kill you. It also used to be slow as crap, but maybe it's better now.

If you just want storage and don't need a vps, Hetzner StorageBox is $4 to $5 a TB in the 2TB and up sizes (smaller costs more per TB).

Online.net C14 "intensive" is 0.005 euro per GB (no in/out fees) or standard is 0.002 euro per GB plus another 0.01 euro per GB to transfer in, out, or delete. "intensive" is a better deal except for long term archiving.

• time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep

romanz said: Btw. now when coming to the client area it just gives message "Account Verification Required" regardless what I click. I give up.

Drop us an email to [email protected]. We will help you to setup account properly.

Thanked by 1willie
  • Willie, thanks for all the valuable information. Hetzner StorageBox does look impressively feature rich and affordable.

@willie said:
    Don't use B2, the outbound bandwidth charges will kill you. It also used to be slow as crap, but maybe it's better now.

Upload is included. I am planning 3 level backup online will be accessed only when both primary and secondary fail, e.g. burglary, fire, quake, storm, etc. The $50/TB to restore family digital life from ashes will hardly matter.

Backblaze claims 30-50 Mbps per thread plus each file has to be retrieved from cold storage vault to cache which adds 100s ms, is it different from your experience? I am going to use BorgBackup to maintain online backup repository, this should minimize amount of file operations and reduce them to changes only.

I like that B2 scales with my data. Hetzner sells me cheaper TB but I still need to pay for entire allocated capacity and then migrate to new box when more storage is needed.

@time4vps said:
    Drop us an email to [email protected]. We will help you to setup account properly.

Thank you for your attention, I will reply to you by email.

• With limited IOPS imagine you need to upload/download ~1 TB data.

sibaper said: With limited IOPS imagine you need to upload/download ~1 TB data.

Without any single problem. Customers pushing 4 TB in/out of their storage servers, no complaints. Be sure to prepare: compress your backup, control transfer rate with rsync (just an example).

• This coupon cannot be applied to your order
    I'm late :(

Thanked by 1apidevlab
  • @Romanz I haven't used B2, just looked at the bw charges and also heard many complaints about it being slow.

You should also look at OVH Cloud Archive and at Online.net C14. C14 in particular has a much higher level of RAID than most other storage plans.

• jenkkijenkki Member
    edited March 2017

RonalBarbaren said: This coupon cannot be applied to your order I'm late :(

No worries comrade, Cociu's forces upcoming closer to Vilnius for the vengeance

https://youtu.be/Prb2iT0W8q0

• romanzromanz Member
    edited March 2017

@willie said:

romanz said:

Any other storage offers similar to this one ?

Cociu has one that's currently out of stock but I think he is working on expanding it.

Thanks. Tried one of those cociu offers but did not work out. Lost access and when contacted support it was so absurd, it was mildly funny.

In the meantime I purchased Hardkernel's CloudShell kit with their XU4 SBC and Seagate 4TB Backup Plus 2.5" drive, this will be sitting on home gigabit intranet in the basement as secondary backup NAS.

• Oh ok, if the data is already in your house, internet backup seems like the wrong thing. Just get a couple of those portable drives, keep one at home and one at work, and swap them around when you take a new dump.

romanz said: Lost access and when contacted support it was so absurd, it was mildly funny.

Could you tell us a bit more about your "absurd" experience?

• time4vps said: Could you tell us a bit more about your "absurd" experience?

Sorry, rather not, its water under the bridge.

• @time4vps Soooo is the promo code still available?

Setzener said: Soooo is the promo code still available?

Unfortunately no. But stay sharp for other upcoming promotions ;)

• @time4vps
    I am not able to create an account and when sending email to "[email protected]" I receive the following error: "550 High probability of spam"

Hello, please open a ticket: https://billing.time4vps.eu/tickets/new/