Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for DDoS-protected KVM VPS provider in North America for under $15/mo
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for DDoS-protected KVM VPS provider in North America for under $15/mo

Looking to run a DNS server on a box with the following specs:

• KVM VPS (or a dedicated server)
  • at least 1GB memory
  • at least 20GB disk
  • at least 10 gigabit DDoS protection
  • Good network. So, not a provider with peers to only HE and Cogent.
  • Not BuyVM, OVH, nor Quadranet.
  • $15/mo or less.

I already have a $15/mo dedicated server with OVH in Canada, which provides some level of DDoS protection. This will be a second North America location. Any provider suggestions appreciated.

Comments

• IshaqIshaq Member

Check out our Los Angeles KVM services which come included with DDoS protection.

• SpartanHostSpartanHost Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2017

Would cnservers DDoS protection in Seattle interest you? Outbound peers include Telia, Cogent, Spectrum Networks, SIX peering. The protection can cover TCP attacks from 20Gb/s minimum to 100Gb/s burst.

https://spartanhost.org/vps

KVM40 coupon for 40% recurring discount off any VPS plan.

1gb RAM SSD - $7.20/m

1gb RAM HDD - $6/m

• jon617jon617 Veteran

SpartanHost said: The protection can cover TCP attacks...

UDP protection? DNS uses both TCP and UDP.

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

Hi,
    We can do

• 1024MB Dedicated RAM
    • 1x vCPU
    • 20GB HDD space (RAID10 SSD)
    • 2TB/Month @ 1 Gbps burstable
    • 1Gbps uplink
    • 1x IPv4
    • IPV4 rdns Management
    • 20Gbps DDoS-Shield Mitigation
    • KVM/Promox
    • $5/month
    • Los Angeles (https://my.letbox.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=26)

@jon617 said:

SpartanHost said: The protection can cover TCP attacks...

UDP protection? DNS uses both TCP and UDP.

Ah, I missed the DNS server requirement, in that case our Seattle VPS's won't be suitable.

• PhotonVPSPhotonVPS Member, Host Rep

Our SSD1 plan is within your requirements and we have this available all over the North America.

http://www.photonvps.com/linux.html

• tmwctmwc Member

No Uptime has a 1.5GB RAM KVM, $10/mo with ReliableSite in their Miami (which I recall is Melbourne) location. Panel is Virtualizor and I don't recall much, if any problems with them. RS includes protection, but I dunno about it.

• GM5GM5 Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2017

Hello,

While we've been around for a couple years now we've only recently expanded to the VPS side of things but we've had tremendous feedback already. We utilize Psychz in Los Angeles for our KVM servers. Our KVM servers are running on RAID10 SSD, DDR4 memory, and Skylake E3 CPUs to ensure top performance.

Psychz peer with a great selection of bandwidth providers as well.

30GB RAID10 SSD Storage
     2GB DDR4 RAM
     1 E3 core @ 3.5GHz (Fair share)
     1TB Bandwidth @ 1Gbps
     20Gbps DDoS protection

Order Link

Our normal pricing is $10 per month for this but we have a LET coupon that will allow you to grab this for $7 per month. Simply enter LETKVM7 at the checkout.

If you would prefer our next package up I'd be more than happy to do that for $14 per month for the following specifications:

60GB RAID10 SSD Storage
     4GB DDR4 RAM
     2 E3 cores @ 3.5GHz (Fair share)
     1.5TB Bandwidth @ 1Gbps
     20Gbps DDoS protection

Send me a message and I'll get a promotional code setup for you.

If you have any questions then I would be more than happy to answer them.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

@AlexanderM HostUS

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • CloudxtnyHostCloudxtnyHost Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2017

You should checkout out clamhost.com. Full disclosure we run it.

• sinsin Member

Vultr? Grab their $5 VPS (1 Core, 1GB RAM, 25GB SSD Disk, 1TB bandwidth) and add on their $10 10Gbps DDoS protection for a total of $15/month.

• BuyVM slices they have great DDOS protection and you can setup anycast by buying the all locations they offer

They have Lasvegas in the West US and NYC in East US and LU in EU

three machines with you requested spec will be 3.5 USD x 3 location =10.5 USD (Not accurate)

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • RhysRhys Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2017

@simonindia said:
    BuyVM slices they have great DDOS protection and you can setup anycast by buying the all locations they offer

three machines with you requested spec will be 3.5 USD x 3 location =10.5 USD (Not accurate)

Read the OP:

@jon617 said:

Thanked by 2doughmanes maldovia
  • @MeltedLux said:

@simonindia said:
    BuyVM slices they have great DDOS protection and you can setup anycast by buying the all locations they offer

Read the OP:

@jon617 said:

Sorry

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

RamNode at $5/mo gives you a 1GB KVM. Add DDOS protection...but I don't remember the cost. I think with that you're still way under $15/mo.

https://clientarea.ramnode.com/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=85

"Protection in Atlanta, New York, and Los Angeles is provided via GRE tunnel from Psychz. Their system can filter up to 100Gbps or ~40 million PPS for a wide array of TCP and UDP attacks. Attacks over these thresholds may result in a nullroute."

BTW @SpartanHost they also use CNservers and claim UDP filtering:

"Protection in Seattle is provided via direct connection to CNServers in our Seattle data center. Their system can filter up to 20Gbps or ~1.5 million PPS for certain attacks. Attacks over 10Gbps will result in a nullroute. UDP floods will result in all UDP traffic being at least temporarily dropped for the target IP (except for certain DNS traffic)."

@NickA for more info.

edited March 2017

@raindog308 said:
    BTW @SpartanHost they also use CNservers and claim UDP filtering:

"Protection in Seattle is provided via direct connection to CNServers in our Seattle data center. Their system can filter up to 20Gbps or ~1.5 million PPS for certain attacks. Attacks over 10Gbps will result in a nullroute. UDP floods will result in all UDP traffic being at least temporarily dropped for the target IP (except for certain DNS traffic)."

If you call 'dropping' UDP protection then yes, UDP attacks won't bring anything offline that uses TCP only but anything operating on the UDP protocol such as a DNS server will go offline until the UDP attack stops. The 'certain DNS traffic' is usually just e.g. inbound DNS queries however this often gets blocked.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

SpartanHost said: If you call 'dropping' UDP protection then yes, UDP attacks won't bring anything offline that uses TCP only but anything operating on the UDP protocol such as a DNS server will go offline until the UDP attack stops. The 'certain DNS traffic' is usually just e.g. inbound DNS queries however this often gets blocked.

Sorry, read too fast...you're right, they're just null-routing UDP attacks.

• Not many people on LET know about nfoservers
    Requirements Met:
    1GB memory
    20GB Minimum disk (100 given on a ssd)
    KVM VPS -Technically run on Xen buts its full virtualization
    10gb ddos protection- Protection varies by location, amp floods blocked upstream and raw udp/tcp is protected and can be guaranteed around 10gbps Networklocationslink
    Excellent network, peers with internap+uses internap routing hardware
    Its not buyvm, not ovh, nor quadranet
    $9/month for a single core

• jon617jon617 Veteran
    edited May 2017

AlexJones said: Not many people on LET know about nfoservers

NFOServers was a great suggestion! Thank you.

After a free 2-day trial, their service has been impeccable for the last 2 months. Network has been rock solid and fast. DDoS protection is included (varies by location, as you said), but sounds like they have experience mitigating most attacks. Customer service response time has been super fast, courteous, and honest. 100% SLA, too. No IPv6 in any datacenter, which was a letdown (or should I say, LETdown, heh), but everything else has been great for a low-cost VPS provider. The staff seems to care about delivering a quality service.