Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for VPS, 200GB HD decent amount of CPU
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for VPS, 200GB HD decent amount of CPU

Looking for a VPS In the UK or Europe thats reliable.

200GB HD Storage, 2-4GB ram, 4x CPU E3 or something like that. And at least 4-8TB of BW, not 100% sure but somewhere around that.

Budget no more than $14.

Just looking to see whats out there, I found a few places but most only advertise SSD's which adds to the price.

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Going to be a challenge for the budget unless you're OK getting heavily limited on the cores.

Francisco

Thanked by 1HuntersPad
  • KVM or OpenVZ virtualization?
    Dedicated cores or fair share?

• You might get better advice if you expand upon what you're wanting to do, the resources you think you need might not be accurate.

For raw storage, it's hard to beat BuyVM, with half a terabyte of storage at $15/m. Their storage servers are meant for just that, storage, not compute/memory, thus the ridiculously low prices.

If you want storage and specs, NFOServers does a pretty good job, $15/m for 2 dedicated threads(newer CPU's), 2 GB of RAM, and 12 TB of storage.

You won't find much better from a respectable house than that of above.

Thanked by 1HuntersPad
  • If NL is ok then Worldstream has this in 15 Euro/month commit

https://www.worldstream.nl/select_dedicated.php?id=1

Thanked by 2HuntersPad bersy
  • fanfan Veteran

Can recommend @exception0x876 for this kind of requirement.

• @simonindia said:
    If NL is ok then Worldstream has this in 15 Euro/month commit

https://www.worldstream.nl/select_dedicated.php?id=1

That's 6 month pricing. Monthly is 8.4 euro more expensive.

Thanked by 1HuntersPad
  • HuntersPadHuntersPad Member
    edited March 2017

@RyanMaxey said:
    You might get better advice if you expand upon what you're wanting to do, the resources you think you need might not be accurate.

For raw storage, it's hard to beat BuyVM, with half a terabyte of storage at $15/m. Their storage servers are meant for just that, storage, not compute/memory, thus the ridiculously low prices.

If you want storage and specs, NFOServers does a pretty good job, $15/m for 2 dedicated threads(newer CPU's), 2 GB of RAM, and 12 TB of storage.

Thanks! NFOservers looks tempting with there trial

. I'm really not 100% on resources. I'll be running Xfilesharing you can look that up on there website.

• @HuntersPad said:

@RyanMaxey said:
    You might get better advice if you expand upon what you're wanting to do, the resources you think you need might not be accurate.

Thanks! NFOservers looks tempting with there trial

. I'm really not 100% on resources. I'll be running Xfilesharing you can look that up on there website.

Haven't ever heard of it, but there's no real reason any file sharing server/application should be particularly CPU bound.

NFO's pretty decent, they're been around for over a decade and offer solid services, I've used their VPS's for years and I've never been let down. They primarily do game server hosting(managed), so all of the CPU's are pretty much all modern Intel chips that clock in at 3.0~GHz. Their staff are all US-based and literate, which is nice. They underload their machines and I've never had any issue with performance. They do have DDoS protection at no cost, and 10(iirc) locations you can switch your server to(lossless) at no cost.

Frankly, with how low NFO's prices have gotten and the performance/cost ratio to most other hosts, I'm surprised they aren't more popular around here.

Thanked by 1HuntersPad
  • micronodesmicronodes Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2017

@HuntersPad said:
    Looking for a VPS In the UK or Europe thats reliable.

200GB HD Storage, 2-4GB ram, 4x CPU E3 or something like that. And at least 4-8TB of BW, not 100% sure but somewhere around that.

Budget no more than $14.

Just looking to see whats out there, I found a few places but most only advertise SSD's which adds to the price.

How does this look:

-2gb RAM

-4 Cores E5 CPU

-6TB Bandwidth

-200GB Hardware RAID 10 HDD Storage

-KVM Virtualization

-Price: 14$/monthly or $12.50 per month on quarterly terms

Let me know if this will work.