Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

More drama ! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

More drama !

Comments

• cociucociu Member
    edited March 2017

AnthonySmith said: I am happy to help

thanks a lot.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    How to you even get through the day..

"I will post about you on forums and charge back if you do not..'insert unreasonable actions/request here' and destroy your reputation.. I have a very active blog"

me: click, click, close account, click, click, ban IP, click click ban email address, click click fraudrecord, copy/paste, cup of tea, forgotten about.

Bribe another provider click click to report your entry on Fraudrecord click click new details click new account with @Anthony :D

Thanked by 1netomx
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

doghouch said: Bribe another provider click click to report your entry on Fraudrecord click click new details click new account with @Anthony :D

clickception.

Thanked by 2netomx doghouch
  • WSSWSS Member

The fraudrecord keeps spinning..

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Is "post in forums" really that much of a threat? Back in the GVH days, Johnny used to thrive on negative publicity...as long as his offer was at least 10 cents cheaper than everyone elses, the orders rolled in. There are other providers who are still around for which I've never heard a complimentary word, but they are cheap...

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • WHTWHT Member

Do a partial refund of $1

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • @cociu will save World!

• @cociu your customer is right.

You say bandwidth is "Unmetered Bandwidth". That basicly means that you are not counting it, so you are not even supposed to know how much he used. Providers can't just come up with words and their meaning.

Definitions:
    "Not measured by means of a meter."
    "An unmetered service for something such as water supply or telephone access is one that allows you to use as much as you want for a basic cost, rather than paying for the amount you use."

And on your Romanian website you say "Trafic Nelimitat" which I belive is unlimited? Well none of this is true, apparently its not unlimited or unmetered.

Why is this clients fault? You didn't provide him what you offer/he paid for.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

Unmetered = not counting Does not mean hog the whole pipe. So it can be the customers fault for abusing the port.

• Another problem here is that your WHMCS does not list the actual traffic allowance...

Thanked by 1racksx
  • @pincushion, That was my point of view if you're saying unmetered and then you suspended for bandwidth abuse, then you call your customer stupid because he made the mistake to trust your words "unmetered" then maybe the words should be "unmetered limited to 1Mb/s or fair usage, abuse usage of network port will result in account suspended until investigation", But in this case he blames the customer, when in fact, is his fault not displaying the proper information to the customers.

Thanked by 1pincushion
  • @pincushion TOS is also a prt of contract.

• pincushionpincushion Member
    edited March 2017

@singhigh said:
    @pincushion TOS is also a prt of contract.

It's false advertisement and nothing else.

It's like selling i7 dedi but in TOS you would say that it's really an Atom. It doesn't work like that.

@cociu said:
    also in our tos i verry clear write there unusual traffic is not allowed

Where does it say that? And you should specify what unusual is.

From what I can see there is nowhere mentioned anything about bandwidth in TOS or anywhere else http://en.hostsolutions.ro/about/tos/

Thanked by 1racksx
  • PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

@pincushion Well if the customer is abusing the port or what ever then they deserve a suspension. It pretty much common sense approach. Well you know where the door is make sure you lock it on way out.

• pincushionpincushion Member
    edited March 2017

Well limits should be clearly stated, you cant just close someone's server.

https://10gbps.io/pricing also sells unmetered lines, how is it any different? Product is described the same.

Thanked by 1racksx
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@pincushion said:

https://10gbps.io/pricing also sells unmetered lines, how is it any different? Product is described the same.

TOS doesn't say I can't be cunt, so it's ok to be one, yeah?

• Customer is right. Unmetered Bandwitdth means the customer can use bandwidth without any measure. "Trafic Nelimitat" translates to Unlimited Traffic and it's self explanatory.

Cociu can not ban this user or their IP, and if he decides to modify TOS, he should respectfully inform the user prior of his offer renewal.

Thanked by 1racksx
  • HxxxHxxx Member

Actually such thing does not exist. There is that line, you know the one that people calls "common sense"

@default said:
    Customer is right. Unmetered Bandwitdth means the customer can use bandwidth without any measure. "Trafic Nelimitat" translates to Unlimited Traffic and it's self explanatory.

Cociu can not ban this user or their IP, and if he decides to modify TOS, he should respectfully inform the user prior of his offer renewal.

• @TheXO, Well said :)

• datanoisedatanoise Member
    edited March 2017

You should add something in your TOS regarding bandwidth. "You can burst up to 1 Gbs for up to X seconds / minutes, but 95th percentile must stay below 100Mbps" (that's an example - make it as you wish - could be 500Mbs if you're fine with that). That way things are clear.

The user uses Gbit for 8 hours (who cares he only has 10GB HDD? could be streaming, using your VPS as a reverse proxy or whatever, that doesn't mean that his traffic isn't legit) - with that kind of TOS you can write him to tell hey calm down or I'm going to throttle you down. You could even throttle him down automagically after one hour or so if you wish and send a link back to your TOS if he contacts support.

• Times like this make me feel glad that people like @bsdguy exist -- without you, we wouldn't have reality checks in place.

<3

• As this hasn't been the first time where people misunderstand this, maybe you should really consider to introduce a policy on bandwidth.

You could add stuff like:

• Each customer shares a 1gbps line with other customers.

• Only short bursts to 1gbps are allowed

• Constantly using more than xxx Mbps is not allowed

That would make it much easier for customers to understand. They would probably limit their torrent software to a certain speed and they would probably not wget a file in a loop for 24 hours just to consume bandwidth.

Thanked by 1saf31
  • @Nekki said:

@pincushion said:

If it doesn't say you can't be cunt in TOS but explicitly says that you CAN be cunt on the offer, then you can be cunt.

Just put something in your TOS cucio, a lot of people (including me) actually avoid "unmetered" services for cheap products, because I expect them to be "overused".

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@pincushion said:

@Nekki said:

@pincushion said:

If it doesn't say you can't be cunt in TOS but explicitly says that you CAN be cunt on the offer, then you can be cunt.

No offer states that. If you infer that, it simply means that you have a pre-disposition to cuntish-ness.

• @Nekki said:

@pincushion said:

@Nekki said:

@pincushion said:

No offer states that. If you infer that, it simply means that you have a pre-disposition to cuntish-ness.

It was your example. His offer does state one thing that is not true though.

And you should be last to be talking about cuntish-ness, does LET have this in TOS?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Nekki said: TOS doesn't say I can't be cunt, so it's ok to be one, yeah?

On LET, you can be a cunt, but you can't be a dick.

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited March 2017

pincushion said: It was your example. His offer does state one thing that is not true though.

In my example nothing was explicitly stated?

At an all-you-can-eat buffet, do you expect to be able to eat all of the food laid out, event if that means nobody else in the restaurant can have any food despite the fact they've paid to eat there too?

Stick that cunt up your analogy pipe and smoke it.

Thanked by 1ThracianDog
  • cociucociu Member

tr1cky said: As this hasn't been the first time where people misunderstand this, maybe you should really consider to introduce a policy on bandwidth.

You could add stuff like:

Each customer shares a 1gbps line with other customers.

Only short bursts to 1gbps are allowed

Constantly using more than xxx Mbps is not allowed

That would make it much easier for customers to understand. They would probably limit their torrent software to a certain speed and they would probably not wget a file in a loop for 24 hours just to consume bandwidth.

thanks, this is what i pllaned this days , i hope make 10 min time to put this.

• @raindog308 said:

Check your privilege you sexist! I'm so triggered right now!!!!

• WSSWSS Member

@bugrakoc said:

@raindog308 said:

Check your privilege you sexist! I'm so triggered right now!!!!

This discussion has been closed.