Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Happy New Year from AlienVPS! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Happy New Year from AlienVPS!

2»

Comments

• My vps is up now on NY12, while being extremely slow. Vswap is now disabled, so I'm guessing that was the cause of the downtime.

• @dancom96 said: My vps is up now on NY12, while being extremely slow. Vswap is now disabled, so I'm guessing that was the cause of the downtime.

I'm on NY12:

joel@us2dns:~$ free -m
                 total       used       free     shared    buffers     cached
    Mem:           192         34        157          0          0         10
    -/+ buffers/cache:         24        167
    Swap:            0          0          0
  • @NickM said: I'm definitely not impressed with how they're handling this.

I guess the responses in your ticket is what a $5p/hr tech gets you, monkeys.

The zoo keeper replied today, dropping VSwap is apparently resolving the issue... so advertise one thing, then change it to whatever you want later.

• Well, you have all the RAM, and in Centos 6 nodes you use less RAM, so, anyway you can be 'happy' :P

Also you got a free month, which isn't so bad, because it seems thety don't have any SLA and evade all the questions related...

• lol at Russell.. 'I reject your reality and substitute my own'

• tommytommy Member
    edited January 2012

01:32:12 up 1:06, 1 user, load average: 0.28, 0.23, 0.15

:(

• My VPS is down again, so is their website, client area and hypervm cp. They are ignoring my ticket and I have also received no compensation whatsoever.

• @Freek said: Their website is up from here.

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/alienvps.com

Try this ;) https://my.alienlayer.com/
    SolusVM is down as well.

• my VPS is offline again, no surprise there!
  • AbhishekAbhishek Member
    edited January 2012

this is not looking good for my VPS :-(

I got a ticket reply that swap space will be gone and another reply that since there are some issues with burst ram they are giving 220MB RAM constant.

My question is

Since the initial vps was 190MB RAM/220swap how is giving constant 220MB ram fair?

@Joel - they don't seem to be keen on giving me any extra month usage. Guess I need to stop sounding like a laid-back customer in the tickets.

• @Abhishek said: how is giving constant 220MB ram fair?

It is not, they sold one package, and 3 days later deliver something entirely different. If I wanted something different hell I would of bought something different from another provider. My whole reasoning for going with them was because it was 192mb ram, 220mb VSwap. And on location choice, I picked New York as VSwap was available there, it was not available out of their Las Vegas network. They seem to think whatever is good enough, when it isn't.

If you can't supply what you advertised then refund and relationship finished.

@Abhishek said: @Joel - they don't seem to be keen on giving me any extra month usage. Guess I need to stop sounding like a laid-back customer in the tickets.

Another month of something you didn't order/want is pointless.

• http://my.alienlayer.com/index.php is loading fine here but I do understand your anger/frustration about the the not delivering what they promised.
    Been there, done that lot's of times with other companies.

• Now it is, but when you directed @dancom96 to "isitdownforeveryoneorjustme" it was not correct, you weren't to know as their main site was up and all looked ok to you. However their client portal, solus portal and a number of nodes went down.

• @Joel I see.

• @Joel - Can you keep this thread posted, if you ask for a refund and get it. It would be helpful for others.

• @Abhishek said: @Joel - Can you keep this thread posted,

I just did a huge update here ( http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/1030/webrulon.com-alienvps.com-the-ultimate-scam ) and on WHT.

@Abhishek said: if you ask for a refund and get it. It would be helpful for others.

The best way to achieve this will be to ring paypal when it comes to virtual goods. As I use them for our merchant facilities (VirtualPos) I have access to their business line here in Australia. Whenever requesting a refund for virtual goods after you open the dispute it's important to ring and talk to someone. If enough people open disputes in the same time frame then it may be favorable to the customer.

• AbhishekAbhishek Member
    edited January 2012

@Joel - Thanks for the information and elaborate post. Lets see what we can get back out of this mess.

Update - I see this now

user@server:~$ free -m total used free shared buffers cached Mem: 220 69 150 0 0 34 -/+ buffers/cache: 34 185 Swap: 220 0 220

I wonder if it's stable now, since they re-enabled the swap.

• edited January 2012

Joel vs Webhostingtalk.
    Smiley face

• The mighty australian twists and turns as Russells army of 'happy customers' come towards him.. http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1113846

• @net @Joel Never say the magic words 'WHT hack' or even refer to it. The Insta-Ultra-Freddie-Mercury-Banhammer will permaban you into eternity and beyond.

• @feek @lowendtalkfolk I didn't use WHT since 2005 until decemeber and got like 2 infractions within a week :s I might just go and spam wht hack now as a I final 'f%$* y0*'.

• jhjh Member

@net said: Joel vs Webhostingtalk.

He does seem to be the voice of reason here and on WHT

• @net feel free to do so, but keep in mind that I will always be 1.5 years longer banned than you are