Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blesta 4.0 Released
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Blesta 4.0 Released

austeniteaustenite Member
edited March 2017 in General

Not sure how many people this will interest but as we use Blesta and I've went ahead and upgraded so thought I'd share it. The upgrade went smoothly and I'm happy with the changes, especially now that the mass mailer has been introduced.

Version 4.0.0 is now available. You can download directly right here.

Installing Blesta

See Installing Blesta in the User Manual for instructions.

Upgrading Blesta

See Upgrading Blesta in the User Manual for instructions.

Migrating to Blesta

See Migrating to Blesta in the User Manual for instructions.

Overview

-PHP 7 is now supported.

-Major codebase upgrade to new version of the minPHP framework.

-Mass Mailer plugin lets you send email to specific customers, or export the data.

-Clean new FOUR staff and client area themes, and new dropdown staff menu.

-Fantastic looking interactive graphs let you see a breakdown of revenue by payment type.

-New client order link and permissions based order form listing page.

-Many order form improvements like reCAPTCHA 2, GeoIP state/province selection & more.

-Fantastic new The SSL Store module and plugin. Create an account and start selling now.

-Blesta License Module is now included with Blesta for Blesta resellers.

-Tons more...

Directories Removed in 4.0

The following directories are not in the 4.0 distribution, but were in 3.x. If upgrading, you may remove them.

~/helpers/date

~/helpers/form

~/helpers/html

~/helpers/javascript

~/helpers/pagination

~/helpers/xml

Release Notes

See Blesta Core - Version 4.0.0.

For older releases see all Change Logs.

This was originally posted along at the Blesta forums - https://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/9078-release-400

Comments

• r0xzr0xz Member

How is it so far? All working as expected from your upgrade?

• @r0xz said:
    How is it so far? All working as expected from your upgrade?

All working smoothly, we also had a custom integration done for our site and I was worried it may need modifications but it seems to be working perfectly.

Thanked by 1ThomLSA
  • WHTWHT Member

I dont think to have Blesta success with those prices.

• I've been debating to try it since Proxmox and cPanel are supported.

• @doughmanes said:
    I've been debating to try it since Proxmox and cPanel are supported.

Been using it here since December 2015 with great success. I was a bit skeptical at first but have been pleasantly surprised. I think this is the third or fourth upgrade I've performed, though this has been the first major one (new version) and never had any issues. I'm not one for posting 'reviews' but I'd highly recommend giving it a try.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • Also using Blesta and it is working like a charm for cPanel and Domain Registrar modules :)

Thanked by 2austenite Jorbox
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

WHT said: I dont think to have Blesta success with those prices.

$12.95 a month? I really don't know the product but that doesn't sound outrageous for a WHMCS competitor. Plus they still offer owned licenses.

Like I said, I don't know really - I'm sure the community will have an opinion...(tees the wolves up)...

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

When I first saw this topic I read it too fast and thought it said Solus 2.0 Released.

OK, that's not true. Even my subconscious knows that's not going to happen.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • @raindog308 said:

WHT said: I dont think to have Blesta success with those prices.

$12.95 a month? I really don't know the product but that doesn't sound outrageous for a WHMCS competitor. Plus they still offer owned licenses.

Like I said, I don't know really - I'm sure the community will have an opinion...(tees the wolves up)...

We actually get our unbranded license from a reseller, $9 /monthly. I definitely feel like it's good value, I get a lot from the product at a great price. I'd pay more if I had to :)

• I'm not 100% sure but I think the Blesta module for Proxmox still does not support the new 4.x with LXC.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • I still use 3.x because of being apprehensive about going with LXC

• I've tried and use Blesta, and it was frustrating as hell. I remember the pain I went through to get even the basic functionality WHMCS has.

Even if you go to the forum for help, the posts are outdated as fuck with the developer saying he's working on it, and these posts were made YEARS ago. I still remember that LicenseCart guy being all over the damn forum advertising his modules/themes.

• @varunchopra said:
    I've tried and use Blesta, and it was frustrating as hell. I remember the pain I went through to get even the basic functionality WHMCS has.

Even if you go to the forum for help, the posts are outdated as fuck with the developer saying he's working on it, and these posts were made YEARS ago. I still remember that LicenseCart guy being all over the damn forum advertising his modules/themes.

Michael from License Cart is a very nice guy from what I can tell. He is almost 24/7 in Live Chat and helps me out with whatever issues I encounter^^ Props to License Cart at this point^^

Thanked by 1austenite
  • @Ympker said:

@varunchopra said:
    I've tried and use Blesta, and it was frustrating as hell. I remember the pain I went through to get even the basic functionality WHMCS has.

Michael from License Cart is a very nice guy from what I can tell. He is almost 24/7 in Live Chat and helps me out with whatever issues I encounter^^ Props to License Cart at this point^^

I've literally forgotten all my woes with Blesta. Only thing I remember is License Cart.

Check out OPs website: https://austenite.io/myaustenite/order/config/index/hosting/?group_id=2&pricing_id=13

The order button is all wonky. Blesta for you.

• @varunchopra said:

I suppose it depends on your usage, we only sell shared hosting, no domains and so far it's been perfect for us. When was the last time you tried it?

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @Ympker said:

@varunchopra said:

Agreed, he's always been very helpful whenever we've needed support.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

varunchopra said: I've literally forgotten all my woes with Blesta

There were two reasons I moved off of it:

1. No mass mail
    2. Switch between HTML and plain text was cosmetic, it always sent plain text

That's been a really long time now.

• varunchopravarunchopra Member
    edited March 2017

@austenite said:

@varunchopra said:

I suppose it depends on your usage, we only sell shared hosting, no domains and so far it's been perfect for us. When was the last time you tried it?

My mind only remembers the pain but not the weapon that inflicted it upon me.

Er, I've had WHMCS since October...and I've tried BoxBilling as well before that. (I just remembered this and I'm in tears already)

@jarland said:

1. No mass mail

It seriously lacked a lot of basic functionality and nothing comes to mind right now. I haven't used it in a while either.

• @jarland said:

1. No mass mail

It does offer a mass mailer now :)

• I have moved from whmcs to Owned blesta and now joined blesta community to start developing plugins

Thanked by 2Ympker doughmanes
  • IshaqIshaq Member

@varunchopra said: The order button is all wonky. Blesta for you.

Eh? I don't see anything wonky.

• @Ishaq said:

@varunchopra said: The order button is all wonky. Blesta for you.

Eh? I don't see anything wonky.

http://picpie.org/images/2017/03/17/Untitled.png

If you scroll further, it'll overlap with the footer. D':

• IshaqIshaq Member

@varunchopra said:

http://picpie.org/images/2017/03/17/Untitled.png

If you scroll further, it'll overlap with the footer. D':

Doesn't happen to me but even if it did that's a design flaw not a Blesta flaw.

• doughmanesdoughmanes Member
    edited March 2017

varunchopra said: The order button is all wonky. Blesta for you.

Got your reading glasses on? What browser are you using? IE4?

Firefox/Debian Linux here. Looked fine to me.

• Yeah that's a problem with our design we'll need to have corrected.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • varunchopravarunchopra Member
    edited March 2017

@doughmanes said:

varunchopra said: The order button is all wonky. Blesta for you.

Got your reading glasses on? What browser are you using? IE4?

Firefox/Debian Linux here. Looked fine to me.

Netscape/Windows 95 user here. YOU WERE CLOSE, CIA.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • WSSWSS Member

NETSCAPE INTO CASH

• varunchopra said: YOU WERE CLOSE, CIA.

See the blinking light on your network device? That's me winking at you

• brian777brian777 Member
    edited March 2017

I have a question about blesta owned license, do i have to pay the yearly update once a year to keep be able using it? or it is fine to leave it expired and pay it again later time only when i needed it?

• @brian777 said:
    I have a question about blesta owned license, do i have to pay the yearly update once a year to keep be able using it? or it is fine to leave it expired and pay it again later time only when i needed it?

I think you can renew it at any point in time once expired. My owned license updates expire soon, too :P Glad for that 4.0 update with php7 support being pushed before haha xD

If unsure ask licensecart.com Michael is greaz and very helpful :)