Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

More drama !
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

More drama !

So , how to proceed with this idiots ? really ? if one is threaten me will post in forum past hi have abuse our service i have the life verry dificult to abtain me to not tell him about sisters, etc etc .

Waiting opinions how tho threat this persons

this is the original tiket pending :

"I sent a message attempting to get this server reactivated several weeks ago and have still not received a response. I registered this server and immediately got banned for "bandwidth abuse". I have not even logged into the server yet and if it is not fixed soon I will post screenshots of my email exchange on hosting forums. I was told that the server needed to be "reinstalled" a month ago and it is still unavailable. As far as I'm concerned my money was stolen by hostsolutions.ro"

Thanked by 1mailcheap

Comments

• they have proof?

you are not an amateur, and many of us know you, you cant get angry for each post personally, you will get sick with that.

• FalzoFalzo Member

refund. close account. don't give a fuck.

about how much money are we talking? why bother days, weeks or months which such shit that only eats up your brain and costs you much more in time spent on it...

• If he really has waited a month and your team told him to reinstall but you're not allowing him to do so then the problem is you.

Obviously I can't judge the full situation from one email but the email you've posted sounds like the user has been patient and you've been messing him around.

Do you randomize each password for SSH on reinstall or are they labelled "changeme1" or something?

A bit more back story would be nice.

Thanked by 1Yura
  • When a customer threatens to post on forums, think of it as threatening to piss in the ocean. Nobody is going to know or notice because its the first step in a customer's temper-tantrum.

Go with the refund suggestion.

Thanked by 2Falzo netomx
  • YuraYura Member
    edited March 2017

Nvm

• cociucociu Member

Falzo said: about how much money are we talking?

lol is not about money , is about abuse , and atitudine

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • doughmanesdoughmanes Member
    edited March 2017

Here's the thing. They probably will chargeback later on. I've seen it. Best to refund and cut your ties.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Refund and say "I'm sorry that you purchased a product that you don't know how to use. I recommend you avoid purchasing such things in the future."

They get their money, you get a jab, everyone is satisfied. Otherwise it's really you who deals with the frustration most and I'm sure that money is not worth the time spent dealing with them further.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

What you should do in this situation is just reiterate to @Nekki that you're married now and he needs to move on.

Thanked by 3WSS Hxxx Nekki
  • It's Sister Time...

Thanked by 3vimalware netomx joeri
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

How to you even get through the day..

"I will post about you on forums and charge back if you do not..'insert unreasonable actions/request here' and destroy your reputation.. I have a very active blog"

me: click, click, close account, click, click, ban IP, click click ban email address, click click fraudrecord, copy/paste, cup of tea, forgotten about.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    How to you even get through the day..

"I will post about you on forums and charge back if you do not..'insert unreasonable actions/request here' and destroy your reputation.. I have a very active blog"

me: click, click, close account, click, click, ban IP, click click ban email address, click click fraudrecord, copy/paste, cup of tea, forgotten about.

reputation destroyed

Thanked by 3AnthonySmith Hxxx cece
  • @cociu

Giving us only what the customer said is of little worth. To get an educated opinion, you will also need to shortly describe from your point of view what actually happened.

I think those cases often boil down to a simple question: Is he a real troublemaker or is he convinced from his point of view that he is right?

The best advice I have to give for the latter is this: Write up a good start-up guide (or, even better a knowledge base) so that customers who don't know their way around can avoid the usual problems.
    As a matter of fact I would send (or prominently link) that startup guide in the welcome email.

Thanked by 2Hxxx inthecloudblog
  • HxxxHxxx Member

@bsdguy you are being that helpful guy again. Stop it. :)

• alaningusalaningus Member
    edited March 2017

things are slow here today

• Cociu, To avoid such issue to happen again, I would recommend you to write on your website: Bandwidth Limit/Speed limit: 1MB to 100MB? over 100MB your account would be suspended etc..., looks like this isn't the first time you're having the same issue, add a text on your website or add it to your tos, so people can avoid such problems before they order, if you're telling them:Unmetered Bandwidth they expect to use unlimited.

Thanked by 1pincushion
  • racksxracksx Member
    edited March 2017

@Cociu, In this case, you suspended your customer without a real reason, and why is that?
    1. You have no TOS to specify the Network/Bandwidth limitation.
    2. You are selling services with Unmetered Bandwidth.

Me as a customer I would not expect to get suspended for Bandwidth abuse if I ordered a plan with Unmetered Bandwidth, if your customer is pushing too much traffic, find a way to limit it without suspend, and it is not professional to call your customers Idiots because you have no TOS to specify the Network/Bandwidth limitation, after all the Idiot paid you, and it deserves not to be called an Idiot.

Thanked by 2pincushion ucxo
  • @Hxxx said:
    @bsdguy you are being that helpful guy again. Stop it. :)

Oh, don't you worry. There will never be a shortage of idiots providing us with plenty opportunity for laughter.

But wouldn't it be nice if providers could get more work done and loose less time with an acute oversupply of idiots?

Thanked by 1Hxxx
  • cociucociu Member

racksx said: Cociu, To avoid such issue to happen again, I would recommend you to write on your website: Bandwidth Limit/Speed limit: 1MB to 100MB? over 100MB your account would be suspended etc..., looks like this isn't the first time you're having the same issue, add a text on your website or add it to your tos, so people can avoid such problems before they order, if you're telling them:Unmetered Bandwidth they expect to use unlimited.

this was a true abuse no worryes , also in our tos i verry clear write there unusual traffic is not allowed so this user in case was consuming 1gbps durring 8 hours and hi have only 10gb hdd space. So i thinck is verry clear.

• cociucociu Member

racksx said: Idiot paid you

yes i got the pay , the problem is not about pay or not pay , what i mentioned in another threads if anyone is threating this is a shit people. So this is my true opinion , any way i will refound this user because i will try to not play his game , any way for the moment the score is 1-0 from him because was consumed many tb traffic in so short time.

• cociucociu Member

Refund Successful
    A refund transaction entry was added successfully

• cociucociu Member

bsdguy said: bsdguy

hello my friend , still wait your response in PM .

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

cociu said: if one is threaten me will post in forum

Honestly? I dare them to. Granted, it usually ends up on a forum, but I see no reason to bend over backwards trying to kiss feet because they 'might' post something. Usually they'll post anyway and are just trying to get some money out of you. These people post and if they're really in the wrong, they'll likely burn their bridges with future hosts anyway. There's more than a few people that have come back to us wanting to sign back up or whatever but can't find hosts anywhere because of the drama they tried to cause with us.

We've taken our lumps yet we're still in business. Then again, I'm an asshole more often than not.

Francisco

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited March 2017

Dunno why providers see the thread of 'I'll post in a forum' as beyond the pale. Both sides need to be reasonable. If you feel the customer is being unreasonable, they'll do whatever, anyway.

Seems a bit odd that someone would get suspended for 'bandwidth abuse'. To me, that just seems like your service restrictions are too much subject to interpretation.

Thanked by 1racksx
  • @cociu said:

bsdguy said: bsdguy

hello my friend , still wait your response in PM .

I'd suggest to keep PM issues with the PM area and to answer here to the public comments.
    Unless, of course, you do not want comments from me but prefer those of Nekki, just because he is more beautiful than me (which I know with certainty as everybody is less ugly than me).

edited March 2017

cociu said: our tos i verry clear write there unusual traffic is not allowed so this user in case was consuming 1gbps durring 8 hours and hi have only 10gb hdd space. So i thinck is verry clear

That is about as clear as mud mate, there are countless uses for unmetered BW that are completely independent of disk size.

How big is the hard drive on your switch?

Thanked by 1ucxo
  • cociucociu Member

bsdguy said: I'd suggest to keep PM issues with the PM area and to answer here to the public comments. Unless, of course, you do not want comments from me but prefer those of Nekki, just because he is more beautiful than me (which I know with certainty as everybody is less ugly than me).

hahaha , i must to reconose , still love @nekki but definetly not ignore you .,

• cociucociu Member

AnthonySmith said: How big is the hard drive on your switch?

verry true , but spend 8 hours in full 1gbps in a shared service is not normaly . any way have my fault and i will edit verry soon our tos about this, at least in the last 2 month i have many of this so to avoid better wirite all there to be more specific.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog

cociu said: verry true , but spend 8 hours in full 1gbps in a shared service is not normaly . any way have my fault and i will edit verry soon our tos about this, at least in the last 2 month i have many of this so to avoid better wirite all there to be more specific.

It might be considered 'normal' to someone who does not know better though, or at least not unusual.

If you want someone with native English to read your TOS when you have finished and make suggestions on clarity I am happy to help.

This discussion has been closed.