Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

virtualizor KVM node and CentOS7 - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

virtualizor KVM node and CentOS7

2»

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I Uair, that issue is the same on centos 7 with @SolusVM they know about it.

• @Umair the virt-df issue was fixed long back

• WSCallumWSCallum Member
    edited March 2017

Can't say as though we've had any issues running our KVM VPS nodes on CentOS 7 - We've noticed good performance improvements throughout but this is probably a combination of improved hardware and newer OS in use.

Thanked by 1Umair

@WSCallum said:
    Can't say as though we've had any issues running our KVM VPS nodes on CentOS 7 - We've noticed good performance improvements throughout but this is probably a combination of improved hardware and newer OS in use.

When was the last time you rebooted a production services?

• @AnthonySmith said:

@WSCallum said:

Our latest nodes are on CentOS 7 and haven't required a reboot so I can't comment on the issue in regard to automatic booting of VMs after node reboot, but overall stability and performance has been good for us.

@WSCallum said:

@AnthonySmith said:

@WSCallum said:

Our latest nodes are on CentOS 7 and haven't required a reboot so I can't comment on the issue in regard to automatic booting of VMs after node reboot, but overall stability and performance has been good for us.

Well that was the entire point.... Why bother commenting?

• WSCallumWSCallum Member
    edited March 2017

@AnthonySmith said:

@WSCallum said:

@AnthonySmith said:

@WSCallum said:

Well that was the entire point.... Why bother commenting?

Really? The original post suggests otherwise:

Umair said: Any performance differences ?? Or any issues ?? How good is virtualizor for managing KVM??

Umair said: Sorry bumping an old thread. Last time I went with CentOS 6.x as I was told "For best Stability, go with CentOS 6.8".

Wondering if anythin has changed .... There have been few updates to @virtualizor panel. Are all issues fixed ??

Sorry my mistake I did not notice it was a necro I thought https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2119227/#Comment_2119227 was the main problem sorry.

Thanked by 1WSCallum
  • SpartanHostSpartanHost Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2017

@AnthonySmith said:
    Sorry my mistake I did not notice it was a necro I thought https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2119227/#Comment_2119227 was the main problem sorry.

They did mention about general issues in Virtualizor as well, not just the reboot issue.

Thanked by 1WSCallum

Yes I misunderstood intact I don't know what I was thinking, obviously having a senior moment.

• WSSWSS Member

@AnthonySmith said:
    Yes I misunderstood intact I don't know what I was thinking, obviously having a senior moment.

That's OK gramps.. now you can get back to setting up YAML templating systems. :P

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • moonmartinmoonmartin Member
    edited March 2017

@AnthonySmith said:

SpartanHost said: 7 has a bug with libvirt where it crashes every few days meaning VPS's are no longer controllable until 'service libvirtd restart' is issued on the node. Virtualizor has confirmed there is no fix for this bug from libvirt yet

What is the bug link/report number?

I think someone may be yanking your chain a bit.

CentOS 7 is going to give you better performance, virtualizor will have no impact on performance it is only a control panel.

I would rather use CentOS 7 with a mainline kernel than Ubuntu for long term stable VPS hosting any day.

I'll second that. I wouldn't consider Ubuntu for anything other than a Desktop/Workstation OS although I personally prefer Fedora now.

WSS said: That's OK gramps.. now you can get back to setting up YAML templating systems. :P

also i need to stop using let on my phone, cat see the bloody thing and the buttons are too small.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • WSSWSS Member

@AnthonySmith said:
    also i need to stop using let on my phone, cat see the bloody thing and the buttons are too small.

Addiction is a bitch, ainnit?

• YuraYura Member

@moonmartin said:
    I'll second that. I wouldn't consider Ubuntu for anything other than a Desktop/Workstation OS although I personally prefer Fedora now.

Debian, tnx.

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep

@AnthonySmith said:
    I Uair, that issue is the same on centos 7 with @SolusVM they know about it.

We gave up waiting for solus and wrote a script on cron to virsh define active vms so that they come back on reboot.

jackb said: We gave up waiting for solus and wrote a script on cron to virsh define active vms so that they come back on reboot.

same.

Thanked by 1jackb
  • UmairUmair Member

@virtualizor said:
    @Umair the virt-df issue was fixed long back

Thanks for that. How about the other issue ?? "VMs won't come back online on their own"

Umair said: Thanks for that. How about the other issue ?? "VMs won't come back online on their own"

It literally needs a 60 second wait in the 'autoboot' is all FYI @virtualizor

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

I am only facing a problem that after upgrading CentOS7 many commands stop working so I switch back to CentOS 6. (No issue If I did not upgrade CentOS7)

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@jesin said:
    A year ago I was using Virtualizor on Ubuntu, but had problems getting IPv6 to work. So I moved to CentOS 7 and everything works fine. Newer kernels give better performance especially if you're using SSDs.

Upgrade the kernel manually then ;]