Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap VPS with IPs from "Cogent Communications"
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap VPS with IPs from "Cogent Communications"

SirvaudeSirvaude Member
edited March 2017 in Providers

Hi there... I'm seeking a cheap VPS company that works with Cogent Communications as their ISP.

I've been using HostingSource and they work just ok but they have a really bad support and there's no control panel where I can manage the VPS (reboot, reinstall, etc) when something fails. And I pay here 8$ per month, only 1 IP, so it doesn't work for me.

I want something cheaper, I need only Linux VPS with really low specs, about 128MB Ram, 10GB HDD, 1 Core, and 1GB per month of bandwidth. But with option to buy aditional ips from Cogent Communications.

It's for online survey purposes. Nothing about scamers or all that stuff...

Comments

• hzrhzr Member

you mean academic research surveys, or do you mean CPA/CPL fraud?

• @hzr said:
    you mean academic research surveys, or do you mean CPA/CPL fraud?

Hi hzr, thanks for replying.

What does it means: "CPA/CPL fraud"? don't get me wrong, I'm not familiarized with this terms.

• hzrhzr Member

I am an academic and I do research surveys for statistical analysis, what I want to know is why you would want to pollute submissions with multiple IPs?

• @hzr said:
    I am an academic and I do research surveys for statistical analysis, what I want to know is why you would want to pollute submissions with multiple IPs?

Oh, I understand, well, I have a group of people (close friends) that wishes to work with me, but they don't know anything about this threads (IPs, VPS, etc...) and they would like to try solving some surveys to earn some bucks in their free time. So I'm seeking this kind of services to give them IPs so they can work with it.

What I didn't know is this would be considered as fraud or something like that.

• nulldevnulldev Member
    edited March 2017

@Sirvaude said:

@hzr said:

Oh, I understand, well, I have a group of people (close friends) that wishes to work with me, but they don't know anything about this threads (IPs, VPS, etc...) and they would like to try solving some surveys to earn some bucks in their free time. So I'm seeking this kind of services to give them IPs so they can work with it.

Why do you need IPs to solve surveys?

• @nulldev said:

@Sirvaude said:

@hzr said:

Why do you need IPs to solve surveys?

Because most survey websites are blocking people which doesn't live in the USA.

• hzrhzr Member

Then you aren't eligible for that survey. We have to spend a large amount of our own money filtering out people doing this because it destroys the statistics and makes replication, reproduce-ability, and scientific value worthless.

When people spam garbage data on proxies, it can cause students to fail, ruin scientific studies, cost researchers out of their own pockets.

There is a reason why we need specifically people from certain areas, of a certain ethnicity, speaking a certain language, etc.

• YuraYura Member

@Sirvaude said:

@hzr said:

Yes it is. Are you going to stop your fraudulent activity then?

• @hzr said:
    Then you aren't eligible for that survey. We have to spend a large amount of our own money filtering out people doing this because it destroys the statistics and makes replication, reproduce-ability, and scientific value worthless.

When people spam garbage data on proxies, it can cause students to fail, ruin scientific studies, cost researchers out of their own pockets.

There is a reason why we need specifically people from certain areas, of a certain ethnicity, speaking a certain language, etc.

Oh, I understand... then I'll work with the survey websites of our country, it's almost the same, the difference is tha USA websites sends more surveys, and ours a few ones...

But don't mind, keep your work ;) sorry if I broke some of your statistics, we are just 4 persons trying to get some bucks in free time :P.

• @Yura said:

@Sirvaude said:

@hzr said:

Sorry, who asked you something? heh...

• YuraYura Member
    edited March 2017

@Sirvaude said:

@Yura said:

@Sirvaude said:

@hzr said:

You are forgiven. Who is going to do anything good for a POS like you? Heh. /thread

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Sirvaude said: Sorry, who asked you something? heh...

Don't laugh at your own comments, you twat.

Thanked by 2Yura vimalware
  • @Yura said:

@Sirvaude said:

@Yura said:

@Sirvaude said:

@hzr said:

You are forgiven. Who is going to do anything good for a POS like you? Heh. /thread

Oh so mature :P

• YuraYura Member

@Sirvaude said:
    Sorry, didn't know this was illegal.

Not going to happen. Everyone will know who they are dealing with. "Heh"

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Heh

• SirvaudeSirvaude Member
    edited March 2017

@Yura said:

@Sirvaude said:
    Sorry, didn't know this was illegal.

Not going to happen. Everyone will know who they are dealing with. "Heh"

>

Ok whatever, do you have something good to say, or only post crap? puberty must hurt

• NekkiNekki Veteran

pubert

heh

• YuraYura Member

close friends

heh

• WSSWSS Member

shoe surveys

heh

• Think it's spelt "Qubert"

heh

• NekkiNekki Veteran