Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi flash sale 9-3-2017
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi flash sale 9-3-2017

ewrekewrek Member
edited March 2017 in General

Kimsufi has a flash sale on 9-3-2017;

Server: servers KS-2E

Intel Atom™ N2800
2c/4t @ 1.86 GHz+
4GB DDR3 ECC
2 TB
€ 7,99/mo + install cost € 9,99

https://www.kimsufi.com/nl/servers.xml?flash

Prepare yourself.

Comments

• Not a good offer. KS-3 for €8.99 is much better.

• ewrekewrek Member

@myhken said:
    Not a good offer. KS-3 for €8.99 is much better.

Sure it is, but where can you buy it now?

• @ewrek said:

Intel Atom™ N2800
    2c/4t @ 1.86 GHz+
    4GB DDR3 ECC
    2 TB

Thanx fr sharing. These are still great backup nodes. But surely the i3s are better

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Last time KS2E was the first step of a multi-part sale (then we got KS4C, then KS3C).

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member

@ewrek said:

Intel Atom™ N2800
    2c/4t @ 1.86 GHz+
    4GB DDR3 ECC
    2 TB

Prepare yourself.

Bought 4 last year and made the dumb mistake of paying for all of them semi-annually, because the next flash sale was only a couple of weeks away, and had i3/i5 on sale for a dollar more.

Anyway, for what its worth, I still have 2 from the sale last year, and they have both been performing extremely well as backup servers.

Thanked by 1WSS
  • GromGrom Member

If they had an option to transfer servers I'd glady trade my i5/16G for KS-2E (assuming it's not located in RBX-4 and is able to pull full 100mbps to the US).

• WSSWSS Member
    edited March 2017

Don't post about the KS-2 series, or you'll get an indignant post from @rm_.

v- > i laffo'd

• Why do we have to wait until September?

Thanked by 2Harambe doughmanes
  • I still got that nice i5 server from last year. Still serving me well

• WSSWSS Member

It's a shame you can't transfer good deals like you can with @VortexMagnus.

• YuraYura Member

@Grom said:
    If they had an option to transfer servers I'd glady trade my i5/16G for KS-2E (assuming it's not located in RBX-4 and is able to pull full 100mbps to the US).

???

Drop your i5, get KS-2E. Problem solved.

• GromGrom Member
    edited March 2017

@Yura said:

@Grom said:

???

What if i get same shitty network i have right now? I'd be stuck having a worse server on possibily even worse or same network.

• YuraYura Member

@Grom said:

@Yura said:

@Grom said:

???

What if i get same shitty network i have right now? I'd be stuck having a worse server on possibily even worse or same network.

To save in the long run, you have to gamble in the short run. The price of admission is € 18. Only you can decide if the game is worth it for you.

• FalzoFalzo Member

@Damian said:
    Why do we have to wait until September?

because you simply are not worth it if you not know secret sauce (a.k.a. european date formatting) ;-)

• SwordfishBESwordfishBE Member
    edited March 2017

@Damian said:

Palmface!

• Even though others want i3 or i5, I still consider this offer great. Thank you for sharing this announcement on LET.

• @Damian said:

3 indicates March, I believe.

Thanked by 2yomero netomx
  • @Domin43 said:
    I still got that nice i5 server from last year. Still serving me well

how much you got if or?

• Interesting... I just visited the page and I get a "too late" message (the animation doesn't show the 9th date at all).

I wonder why. The same message on other related sites (English as well).

Is it a bug? Is there a leak somewhere that can help us snag something sooner.

• @nullnothere said:
    Interesting... I just visited the page and I get a "too late" message (the animation doesn't show the 9th date at all).

I wonder why. The same message on other related sites (English as well).

Is it a bug? Is there a leak somewhere that can help us snag something sooner.

When the date is explicitly stated to be March 9, it's likely just a display error for when the sale has not yet started.

• sundaymouse said: When the date is explicitly stated to be March 9, it's likely just a display error for when the sale has not yet started.

Well... one never gives up hope... and in times like this, it pays to be suspicious :-)

Besides, it was OK earlier.

• @K4Y5 said:

@ewrek said:

Intel Atom™ N2800
    2c/4t @ 1.86 GHz+
    4GB DDR3 ECC
    2 TB

Prepare yourself.

Bought 4 last year and made the dumb mistake of paying for all of them semi-annually, because the next flash sale was only a couple of weeks away, and had i3/i5 on sale for a dollar more.

Anyway, for what its worth, I still have 2 from the sale last year, and they have both been performing extremely well as backup servers.

do you get the same price until you terminate the contract? Or just for the first year?

• yolo_me said: do you get the same price until you terminate the contract? Or just for the first year?

As always with sales like this on Kimsufi, OVH and online.net the price you get the server for is for rest of "your life".
    There is exceptions, but then it's clearly marked as it. And I have never seen that on Kimusfi sales.

• Given this server's rather slow Atom cpu, is it interesting mostly as a cheap 2TB storage server?

• I have one from a previous sale, great for getting Linux ISO's on.

• bohdans said:

I have one from a previous sale, great for getting Linux ISO's on.

http://linuxiso.party

Thanked by 3nulldev bohdans yomero
  • Telaat ! (duh)

• Terrible, terrible deal. Atom CPU and only 4GB RAM. The only good thing about it is the disk. Wallet safe.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • XeiXei Member
    edited March 2017

It's still a superb deal for 2tb. But at this price point I'd likelier opt for a dedibox for the Gbit link. Though I could replace my KS-1 and get 2TB.... But if what someone else said is true there may be higher specced flash sales to follow. It's a gamble.

• WSSWSS Member
    edited March 2017

@willie said:
    Given this server's rather slow Atom cpu, is it interesting mostly as a cheap 2TB storage server?

It works fine for that. Throw a BSD on it, and it's completely sufficient as a storage box.

So YOU'RE the one who snagged that. Bastage!