Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seedbox for delimiter and PMS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Seedbox for delimiter and PMS

Can you use delimiter as a seedbox for private tracker? What bout Plex Media Server?

Talked to their support today and they were against it obv. I just want to know if people here use delimiter for this same purpose and are doing it covertly.

Comments

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited March 2017

Of course they are against it if you deliberately ask them about it lol

If you're gonna buy their 100-300€/m package for torrenting, they'd rather have you stay silent about it. Generally if you use them on private tracker, no harm is gonna come to the host anyway.

As long as you don't get DMCA by doing stupid things, not many host will care about P2P traffic even if they become aware of it.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • I run Plex and torrent on OVH with no issues.

• deli who?

Thanked by 1ManofServer
  • @doughmanes said:
    I run Plex and torrent on OVH with no issues.

Which box you running and which location? Are you in NA? I mistakenly have the atom server from them and it can't do transcoding. Speed is okay but not sure yet it can support streaming during peak hours 7-10pm at night in NA.

Next month I will get the i3.

• @stefeman said:
    Of course they are against it if you deliberately ask them about it lol

If you're gonna buy their 100-300€/m package for torrenting, they'd rather have you stay silent about it. Generally if you use them on private tracker, no harm is gonna come to the host anyway.

As long as you don't get DMCA by doing stupid things, not many host will care about P2P traffic even if they become aware of it.

I'm planning to use their clearance servers 290$/year. So not sure they are on-board with a cheapo like me using it for private torrent and Plex Media Server.

• yolo_me said: Which box you running and which location? Are you in NA? I mistakenly have the atom server from them and it can't do transcoding.

I've ordered a backup server from them in the past and got a Xeon-D instead of an Atom.

I have an E5 server with 2 CPUs on my Plex VM. It handles 5-6 people on average, 10 people at peak with no issue.

• @doughmanes said:

yolo_me said: Which box you running and which location? Are you in NA? I mistakenly have the atom server from them and it can't do transcoding.

I've ordered a backup server from them in the past and got a Xeon-D instead of an Atom.

I have an E5 server with 2 CPUs on my Plex VM. It handles 5-6 people on average, 10 people at peak with no issue.

How much you're paying for the Xeon-D? are you in NA?

• Emphasis on in the past as I don't have it anymore. I ordered an Atom backup server and got a Xeon-D. They must had been limited in stock.

• @doughmanes said:
    Emphasis on in the past as I don't have it anymore. I ordered an Atom backup server and got a Xeon-D. They must had been limited in stock.

sweet! so you got xeon-d at the price of atom.