Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any hosts want to take on a unpaid intern?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any hosts want to take on a unpaid intern?

GunterGunter Member
edited February 2013 in General

I'm pretty interested in how this business works, and I would love to gain some experience in the technology sector. As well, I was hoping to fulfill my graduation requirements for work experience through VPS Hosting. Again, not looking for pay or anything, or any form of compensation (though a VPS for my non-profit endeavors would be nice :D). I just need a reference and a proof of work experience

I can't offer many references, the only one in the technology sector being FreeGeek Vancouver, of which I have a year's worth of experience volunteering.

More than happy to do basic tasks such as answering tickets and basic linux maintenance., but would like to learn a bit about visualization and alot more Linux to add to my sysadmin skills. I'll probably be available 7-20hr/week.

I'm based in Vancouver (Canada), or Pacific Time Zone. I prefer Canadian Hosts. Depending on whether the host that takes me on allows it, I'am also willing to help out at a few other hosts.

Thank you,
DarkNyan

Comments

• Send me a PM, our Live Chat gets busy at times and it'd be a good way to build your resume for future paid work.

• send me an email
    [email protected]

Sent you a email, but I'm sorry about getting your name wrong :(

• Send me a PM, our Live Chat gets busy at times and it'd be a good way to build your resume for future paid work.

Sure, sent you a PM.
    Best of luck!

• @darknyan we have internships open here is a link to one in our marketing group. We also have others. Go ahead and apply. We can work with remote workers on our sales and marketing teams! http://www.internships.com/posting/Marketing-Intern-I790507

• GunterGunter Member
    edited February 2013

@RyanD said: @darknyan we have internships open here is a link to one in our marketing group. We also have others. Go ahead and apply. We can work with remote workers on our sales and marketing teams! http://www.internships.com/posting/Marketing-Intern-I790507

I'm looking more towards the technical/customer support/sales side. Thank though :)

• Sorry, nothing available on that side. Unfortunately all of our admin staff must be full time employees and on site. Must also do background checks, etc as part of our security process :)

• Sorry, nothing available on that side. Unfortunately all of our admin staff must be full time employees and on site. Must also do background checks, etc as part of our security process :)

No problem. Thank you for the offer anyhow. I really appreciate the thought.

• Nice to see the post. :)

@darknyan if you don't have any problem, I too was willing for similar opportunity like this.

But the things are slightly Different here (I mean with me).
    I would like to get some experience relating to technical, sales and support side.
    Not looking for some offer such as commission based on marketing stuffs. :(

Same, I don't have/ can’t offer reference(s).

One big problem, I can only work from remote as of now, I mean I can't change my country/location (Studies in continuation)...

I am not straight forward asking/looking for paid job(s), more of internship. Can spend 40 hrs. as of now, with ease.

Regards.

• @MikeIn we have marketing, sales, and design itern spots available. Our sales / account execs work with clients through the provision process and we do vps, dedi, cloud, and complex managed solutions.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Might have something for one or both of you, [email protected]

• @MikeIn

Sure :D No worries. I've received multiple offers, and I think you're significantly more qualified than me.

• @darknyan

Hope so.............. :)

Regards.

• Quite a bump. But if anyone is looking for an unpaid intern then I'm interested. I've cleared up most of a busy schedule and I'm looking to do something away from web design.

I'm quite experienced already and have a resume at hand should anyone be interested.

• Can we pay you? It won't be much, but we won't be able to have you on the team for free.

• @Damian PM'd you

• @jkr1711 said: I'm quite experienced already and have a resume at hand should anyone be interested.

Would be interested in this too if you haven't taken things up with Damian.

• Came to see a post at WHT http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1254482

It's not internship it's a job offer on Weekends.......
    @AnthonySmith may have some more Detail, if I am not wrong.