Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Provider Poll Results Q4 2016 - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Top Provider Poll Results Q4 2016

Comments

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@mrmoor said:

@WSS said:
    This is my one (and only) experience with GD hosting:

I don't like GoDaddy, especially their poor hosting with over 10.000 sites at single server. but it's not the reason to not include them in pool, if you are fair. Especially that they have more than 40% of domain market. Just I like clear things and simple rules.

I don't think you understand how this works. At all.

Thanked by 2WSS Amitz
  • WSSWSS Member

Opinion Polls are Racist!

Reads like an Onion writeup, doesn't it?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

mrmoor said: Are you racist ?

Leave my @Amitz alone.

mrmoor said: But anyway you can play as you like. I know exactly numbers, so I don't care about such pools.

THEN FUCK OFF, YOU CHIPPY LITTLE CUNT.

Thanked by 2Amitz Hxxx
  • @trewq of course, if no arguments, the best what you can say it's just "I don't think you understand how this works. At all" Great, that you understand :) Just I am not sure that in good way :D

Also, if I don't like what somebody write, I am not reading it. Just ignore them. That simple. Only small and scared people screaming rude words in public place and attack others only for a reason that they have different opinion or tell some true.

@Amitz last thing, if you don't like people at all, what are you doing here? It must be like hell. Are you masochist or you are here for punishment? You can go for empty island with your duck.

• WSSWSS Member

@Amitz Duckmother.

Thanked by 4Amitz Falzo doghouch Hxxx
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited March 2017

@mrmoor said:

@WSS said:
    This is my one (and only) experience with GD hosting:

I don't like GoDaddy, especially their poor hosting with over 10.000 sites at single server. but it's not the reason to not include them in pool, if you are fair. Especially that they have more than 40% of domain market. Just I like clear things and simple rules.

Did you submit a vote for one of the providers you claim were excluded? Because if you didn't, you're the only reason they were excluded. Pretty clear and simple.

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • @jarland Did you bought in shop something what not exists ?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Calling it - troll level: over 5000

• @jarland Also, if I am said that some providers were excluded it not meaning that I would like to vote for them. But maybe others would like. That simple.

@mrmoor said:
    @jarland Did you bought in shop something what not exists ?

How does stocking shelves in a store relate? The acceptable providers for the poll were not defined. If a host is not represented, no one voted for them. Have you actually read the poll thread?

• mrmoormrmoor Member
    edited March 2017

@jarland Please don't waste time on talk with me. Just take care about pool. It's look like something is missing. That's all. That simple.

@mrmoor said:
    @jarland Please don't waste time on talk with me. Just take care about pool. It's look like something is missing. That's all. That simple.

They're missing because this was about what providers LET members think are best, and absolutely no one here likes GoDaddy. At least not enough to have added them to their list, which was not a predefined selection but free form.

To be clear: You could have voted Sony as your favorite provider if you wanted. You'd just have been alone at the bottom of the list.

Thanked by 2Amitz mrmoor
  • WSSWSS Member

@jarland said:
    To be clear: You could have voted Sony as your favorite provider if you wanted. You'd just have been alone at the bottom of the list.

This was explained a few times, as I see it. He's trolling @AnthonySmith is another thread.

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • AmitzAmitz Member
    edited March 2017

He's trolling in several threads. You will love his opinion that 2GB RAM are barely enough to host an "about me" site. Ehm. Wifey calls again.

Thanked by 1Hxxx
  • @jarland You see, how easy been explain it in polite way ? Thank You.

• and here I thought this thread was going to be the same boring "congrats" messages.. Love it!

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @Amitz As I see, you not understand what I wrote. I had in mind dedicated server with 2GB of RAM. That is huge difference than VPS with 2GB or RAM. I am not sure, maybe it's to complicated for you. It's because if somebody decide to buy dedicated server, it mean that they need something more than VPS. Such dedicated SSD or RAM which is more important than CPU speed.

But I see, that you are just looking for a reason to start fighting, because you feel like a looser in this conversation. Just only idiots fighting, not me. Just bad luck again.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited March 2017

@mrmoor A genuine question: What did you find attractive in this community and felt the need to register and participate? As I see in your comments, you think that the admins and mods are just a bunch of idiots, the posters do not have real clue about hosting, the many dozens of advertised hosters are -in the best- below mediocre and anyone that uses them is rather loser because there are some much bigger names they could trust and vote for.
    So, because it seem that you like the polite way: why don't you bag your belongings and leave this evil dump place asap? This could rescue you from a foolish community and us from have to deal with a moron.

Thanked by 2vimalware Falzo
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

jvnadr said: @mrmoor A genuine question: What did you find attractive in this community and felt the need to register and participate? As I see in your comments, you think that the admins and mods are just a bunch of idiots, the posters do not have real clue about hosting, the many dozens of advertised hosters are -in the best- below mediocre and anyone that uses them is rather loser because there are some much bigger names they could trust and vote for.

So, because it seem that you like the polite way: why don't you bag your belongings and leave this evil dump place asap? This could rescue you from a foolish community and us from have to deal with a moron.

+1 for the most improved English of the people I read.

• @jvnadr As I see, you know better that me, what I think. Great.

To be clear. I am not fan of big companies, such Amazon, Godaddy and many others. I am using them if there is no other option (ex.Sao Paulo) or if they offer great deal such OVH,Hetzner. For many years I was checked a lot of hosting providers in many locations and hardware configurations, so I am know what I am talking about. We're creating seriously projects, not WP blogs. So if SoftLayer offer dedicated server with 2GB of RAM with corporate target, it's just big fun, especially with their prices. And I am said about. It will be another looser, it's pretty visible at Alexa/SimilarWeb stats, how they loosing customers.

Also, if you or me would like to do deal, we'll. If not then no. Simple. We're not obligate one to other. You'll find other customers and I'll find other supplier. In these days, it's a bunch of hosting providers and still market grow. So, if you don't like my point of view, no problem. If I not like your, also no problem. Just please remember, there always exists big companies with main focus about services, not about my opinion. And it working great. Until small providers do not understand this simlpe fact, all time will be loosing with big corporations.

For sure I am not make any deal with somebody who talking about others "moron" and many other rude words. They can try to sell own services to same target as they are. That's all. But, at the end, they will be crying, not me. Because I am the customer with bunch of choices.

• WSSWSS Member

#CapitalismKnew

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited March 2017

@mrmoor I am not a provider nor I ever will be. That's for sure. My profession is in a field far away from providing hosting services, even If I use them for me or for some projects I run. I am just an enthusiast and have found here, since 2013 I participated to this forum, much better and more viable deals than in previous years I used to use some "big" names in the industry.
    Have to say that my anger wasn't about your thoughts for the hosting industry. But about your ironic comments regarding quarter polls and, most of, people who votes and mods who run it.
    You joined a couple of weeks ago for... what really? If the members of this community cannot be a valid sample about how good and worthless a small hosting provider is, then, why are you in here? To troll?
    A couple of friends could suggest me a small local restaurant that has excellent food for small prices with great service. Yet, millions of people are eating every day at McDonalds worldwide. So, according to your logic, what my friends suggested me is trash, because only a few people are eating daily to the local restaurant, a sample much much smaller that the millions eating at McDonalds.
    You say that serious projects can be run only to the giant's infrastructure. Smaller hosters are only there to run some family wordpress blogs (I don;t even comment that nowadays, WP is the hosting platform for giants like Forbes, NFL, TED, Observer etc.). Wow!
    You think that you are better and have more knowledge about hosting than the people in this thread. Got news for you: you don't. So, stick with your "securely big hosting companies" that you trust and leave all of us to trust this poor not accurate quarterly poll that, for a dark reason, did not include players like Godaddy or Amazone.

/thread

• WSSWSS Member

@jvnadr Literally 1% of the population eat at McDonalds daily. However, on the whole, 99% do not. Therefore, McDonalds is a small fish. Should have gone for starvation.

Thanked by 2jvnadr vimalware
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

Don't feed the troll.

Thanked by 3Darwin Amitz Clouvider
  • mrmoormrmoor Member
    edited March 2017

@jvnadr said:

You say that serious projects can be run only to the giant's infrastructure. Smaller hosters are only there to run some family wordpress blogs (I don;t even comment that nowadays, WP is the hosting platform for giants like Forbes, NFL, TED, Observer etc.). Wow!

You think that you are better and have more knowledge about hosting than the people in this thread. Got news for you: you don't. So, stick with your "securely big hosting companies" that you trust and leave all of us to trust this poor not accurate quarterly poll that, for a dark reason, did not include players like Godaddy or Amazone.

You are in wrong. Let me explain why.

I am not said that serious projects can be run only to the giant's infrastructure.
    I am said that it need a lot of resources, especially high amount of RAM which is a key here.

Also I am really don't care what doing others. I am care about own business. So, if for them WP working good, great and no matter how big of famous they are. But I am prefer solutions which can generate site in less than few miliseconds including replication and many other things. I am prefer AWD not RWD. Because it working better, weight less, loading faster and make each my project more unique with much higher UX than others. Let's think, why Google suggest you RWD but self using AWD (and other big players too)?

Also you try to said me that:
    I don't need more that 2GB RAM, no matter that mysql start using swap and all performance going down, because you know better. NO. As I see you don't know nothing about high optimized sites with replication and several servers over the world. It's better to be small and look like big than in oposite way. My projects not get downtime as yesterday Flippa or Github, only for a reason that they don't know how to avoid SPOF [single point of failure] Did you already tried to create just one such project ? TRY. You will quickly understand what I am talking about and will learn a lot about hosting services too.

edited March 2017

mrmoor said: I am said that it need a lot of resources, especially high amount of RAM which is a key here.

If you need me I'll be over here, swimming in cheap RAM, running production services that involve nothing resembling Wordpress, for thousands of customers :)

mrmoor said: You will learn a lot about hosting services too.

Started my own host, worked at HostGator as sys admin, work at DigitalOcean currently, run my own business as well. I think I know a lot about hosting. I think you have a lot to learn, and I think you came to the right place to learn it. Just do yourself a favor and drop the thought that you joined a hosting community full of people who haven't learned the lessons you have. In fact, this is a community mostly of people who are well beyond the lessons you've learned. These are people who ran with big hosts for years and have never seen a real-world trade off in quality by dropping their budget to a fraction of what it once was. The people who are on your level are at webhostingtalk.com. Welcome to the advanced hosting community, I hope you enjoy what we have to offer.

I'm not insulting or being rude, I'm just being direct and clear.

• WSSWSS Member

@jarland said:
    worked at HostGator as sys admin

Don't admit to things like this.

@WSS said:

@jarland said:

Hey I worked my ass off haha. I put the entire weight of that company on my shoulders and pressed forward every day with everything I had to make a difference.

Then tickets hit 1 week response time. It was bigger than me.

Thanked by 2WSS Hxxx
  • imokimok Member

Prizes please!

I haven't won something since a year! Hope to get something :D

Thanked by 1yomero
  • @WSS said:

@jarland said:

Everyone's gotta start somewhere right? haha :)

This discussion has been closed.