Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help me to collaborate
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Help me to collaborate

The requirement is quite simple. There will be a "public folder" where anyone (without any username or password) will be able to upload files, file type will be only documents like pdf word or excel . However nobody should be able to delete anything, only uploading and viewing will be allowed. A scenario for this kind of requirement is suppose a teacher wants to collect assignments from 200 students . Does any cloud drive like dropbox or google drive allows this feature ? If not, can this be done with owncloud or anything else ? Is there any way to restrict file types like only pdf or docx will be allowed ? Thanks.

Comments

• I think Moodle has a way of doing this built in, might be worth checking that out.

Thanked by 1saf31
  • Yeah, just have the students zip their files and send it by email.

• saf31 said: anyone (without any username or password)

This will be abused no matter what the file restrictions are. You have to decide you're willing to deal with this, though some people are.

Thanked by 2doughmanes saf31
  • trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

If you want help with Moodle let me know. It's my bread and butter.

Thanked by 1saf31
  • Thanks, looking at it.

• Moodle looks awesome, till now I only knew about open edx but this looks even better. But it is a bit overkill for my need.