Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1 TB CDN for $5, from CDN.net - 10 locations, APAC included.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

1 TB CDN for $5, from CDN.net - 10 locations, APAC included.

This time I have a 'weekend' special from CDN.net. It's unique to LET and consists of 10 worldwide locations, with plenty of bandwidth.

1 TB of Bandwidth

$5 per month
Overages priced at $.02 per GB
Signup here

Locations Provided

North America: Dallas, Portland, Provo, Sacramento, Washington
Europe: Amsterdam, London, Milan, Paris
APAC: Singapore

Why use a CDN?

A few reasons: better worldwide performance. Reduce resource consumption on your server. Reduce bandwidth usage on your server.

What do I get with CDN.net?

1 TB of worldwide bandwidth, with the HostBill control panel. OnApp access is given as well. Simply, monthly fixed cost, payable by credit card. 24x7 ticket based support, out of London, England & Logan, Utah, USA.

Any questions? Looking for a specific PoP? I'm flexible - Ping me: [email protected] or on livechat at CDN.net.

Comments

• Hmm... Nice deal.

How about China? Is the promo deal friendly to China? Do you support WebSockets?

Thanked by 1OnApp_Terry
  • @Paleoft said:
    Hmm... Nice deal.

How about China? Is the promo deal friendly to China? Do you support WebSockets?

We do not have any PoPs inside of China at this time, but are working to acquire some. It can be a bit messy though.

Unfortunately we also do not support websockets, however it is on the product roadmap.

• xaitmixaitmi Member
    edited February 2017

Just curious, what's the benefit of using this compared to Cloudflare which is free, has more locations, unlimited bandwidth, etc.

• @xaitmi said:
    Just curious, what's the benefit of using this compared to Cloudflare which is free, has more locations, unlimited bandwidth, etc.

Good question. Cloudflare is a great product - no issues with it, although today's security news is concerning.

What makes a CDN great is the cache hit rate. A CDN is pointless, if your content is not cached on the CDN PoPs. Because we're a paid product, we can guarantee you're going to have a high cache hit rate. You're not competing with millions of small free users for cache space.

Hope that helps explain things.

Thanked by 1xaitmi
  • webcraftwebcraft Member
    edited February 2017

Never mind. You were faster.

• @xaitmi said:

CloudFlare isn't a real CDN. In addition, we've had members here go WAY past reasonable usage with CloudFlare, and they tend to just disable acceleration, or their so called "protection."

• fuckoff, i hate this shit

when i try to open a ticket

Please email [email protected] to get access to our awesome support team.

• Just need you to support paypal as soon as possible

• OnApp_TerryOnApp_Terry Member
    edited February 2017

@qq7119 said:

Just need you to support paypal as soon as possible

Sorry, Paypal should be available now.

• qq7119qq7119 Member
    edited February 2017

So it is not in accordance with the use of traffic billing, but in accordance with the time billing?

the less flexible way of billing,Should give customers a choice

According to traffic billing

• @qq7119 said:

So it is not in accordance with the use of traffic billing, but in accordance with the time billing?

Not sure I understand the question? You're charged monthly for this plan.

• Will there be DDOS protection?

• DDoS protection and CC protection?

• We can put together a DDoS protected plan, but it will be more than $5 a month. Give me a shout at [email protected].

CC protection I'm unsure of what you're referring to. Can you elaborate?

• Luke007Luke007 Member
    edited February 2017

Any higher volume plan scaling at the same rate?

edited February 2017

@Luke007 said:
    Any higher volume plan scaling at the same rate?

Yes, let me know how much bandwidth you need and I can create a order link for you. It'd scale at the same rate so 2 TB = $10... etc.

• OnApp_Terry said: Not sure I understand the question? You're charged monthly for this plan.

translation: non-expiring PAYG so i can pay $5 once and use it for the next ten years

• @OnApp_Terry said:

We do not have any PoPs inside of China at this time, but are working to acquire some. It can be a bit messy though.

I konw it's hard to get some nodes in mainland China, even CloudFlare is cooperated with Baidu, so why not add more China-friendly APAC nodes such as Los Angeles, Tokyo, or Hongkong ?
    Also, do you have a non-expire data plan such as $10 for 1TB forever?

• @Yandex said:

@OnApp_Terry said:

I konw it's hard to get some nodes in mainland China, even CloudFlare is cooperated with Baidu, so why not add more China-friendly APAC nodes such as Los Angeles, Tokyo, or Hongkong ?
    Also, do you have a non-expire data plan such as $10 for 1TB forever?

We include those PoPs in our higher priced plans. Due to cost, I can't include them in this plan however.

$10 for 1TB forever probably wouldn't be beneficial for either one of us. Your data would wouldn't be accessed enough for it to be cached on our PoPs, and $10 over an extended period just doesn't provide the margins I need.

• Is this only available for the 'selected 10' PoPs worldwide, not ALL your PoPs?

• This is only available for the 10 PoPs here.

1. How many zones can I create?
    2. Can I set the CDN cache time or is it fixed at your end? By CDN cache time I mean the duration the CDN will cache the files without checking the origin server.
  • @Luke007 said:
    1. How many zones can I create?
    2. Can I set the CDN cache time or is it fixed at your end? By CDN cache time I mean the duration the CDN will cache the files without checking the origin server.

1.) No limit on zones.

2.) Yes, you can set a cache expiry limit.

• You should make a plan where you pay let's say $10 for 1 TB and it lasts until it's done. With a max of 1 year to use the data.

This will make me a customer, i explained this before but you dont take on board the request of many. People feel they won't get money worth if they dont use all the data. So add this and gain customers.

• @Domin43 said:
    You should make a plan where you pay let's say $10 for 1 TB and it lasts until it's done. With a max of 1 year to use the data.

Bad idea for low usage:

@OnApp_Terry said:
    Your data would wouldn't be accessed enough for it to be cached on our PoPs

Data not cached at CDN PoPS = basically no CDN at all.

Thanked by 1OnApp_Terry
  • @teamacc said:

@Domin43 said:
    You should make a plan where you pay let's say $10 for 1 TB and it lasts until it's done. With a max of 1 year to use the data.

Bad idea for low usage:

@OnApp_Terry said:

That's not the point. Point is it may be 2 months or more before the 1 TB is used up. You're restricting the target audience by doing it like this.

edited February 2017

@Domin43 said:

@teamacc said:

@Domin43 said:

Bad idea for low usage:

@OnApp_Terry said:

That's not the point. Point is it may be 2 months or more before the 1 TB is used up. You're restricting the target audience by doing it like this.

I understand your point, but it's not a market we want to get into.

This LET-exclusive plan is probably the best you'll find, unless there are dramatic market changes.

• Jamie_DreamITJamie_DreamIT Member, Host Rep

Do you have a PoP in Australia? Also do you have any CDN reseller plans with WHMCS?

• have any PoP near Mexico? Currently paying $5USD per TB on FDCServers... good service, we need a backup just in case..

• @SebastianGold said:
    have any PoP near Mexico? Currently paying $5USD per TB on FDCServers... good service, we need a backup just in case..

Yes, we have a PoP in Queretaro, Mexico. However you would need to purchase one of our standard plans, as it's not available in the LET specials.