Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Strange conduit of Asian people ....
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Strange conduit of Asian people ....

To be verry clear , i am not rasist or acuse something.... just i have a question in my mind so maybe some people have explication....

I am in the hosting business from 2004 and i can confirm have at least 100 similar case :

the users buy our service with a recurring price and is forgott to cancel the recurring from paypal account and sometimes is pay manually the invoice, in this case we recive 2 time the same payment , one from manually payment and second from recurring.

Now , this is a easy issue , in normal case you only need to open a tiket and ask for a refound for the 2 payment and is resolved.... BUT .... my question is ... way the most asian people is going directly to open a dispute in paypal ?

Comments

• You're drunk again?

It seems to be a social thing, honestly- it's very common for them to do this, even though it hurts you. Just ban them at 11 months and cancel the recurring. It'll save you money for sure.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • i am asian but i never do that :D

Thanked by 1Asim
  • MridulMridul Member
    edited February 2017

While the situation is indeed common where a user forgets to cancel his subscription, i doubt if this has anything to do with "asian".

Regrading disputes, we have seen ample cases here at LET where users/clients tend to go for PayPal disputes rather working with the host and resolve issues.

Thanked by 3philipc josephb zhangsy
  • I am asian, i always contact isp first, but if 2x24 hours without answers i'll open disput

• when I am first time into buying and selling on web, I don't know the meaning of opening support ticket.. it feels scary, I needs to buy a ticket? is it free? I don't like writing..

hey, paypal says you can dispute payments, just do that! it is easy, click click..

Thanked by 2NanoG6 gkz
  • Mridul said: i doubt if this has anything to do with "asian".

so i have a bad luck ? in +90% of case for me is asian people , nothing against asian people , but maybe is something normal there ? ... dont know really but this is make me crazy ....

• by asian you mean chinese people?

• kaflo said: by asian you mean chinese people?

i talk in general ... but yes have a huge quantity of chinese guys too

• maybe because it's easier for them to file a dispute than to explain their problems via support ticket.

language difficulty perhaps?

• kaflo said: language difficulty perhaps?

can be ... but when is buy the service is know english and lather no?

Thanked by 2netomx Plioser
  • saf31saf31 Member
    edited February 2017

Lack of understanding maybe, language is also a factor here. Some might think dispute is just a way of getting your money back if paid by mistake. They may not properly understand what a dispute is or the purpose of it. Paypal is also to blame for not making things clear.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • or they're not aware how filing a dispute affects the provider

• @saf31 said:
    They may not properly understand what a dispute is or the purpose of it.

yes this is plausible

• @WSS said:

Just ban them at 11 months and cancel the recurring.

bastard lol

• zafouharzafouhar Veteran
    edited February 2017

@cociu said:
    To be verry clear , i am not rasist or acuse something.... just i have a question in my mind so maybe some people have explication....

I am in the hosting business from 2004 and i can confirm have at least 100 similar case :

the users buy our service with a recurring price and is forgott to cancel the recurring from paypal account and sometimes is pay manually the invoice, in this case we recive 2 time the same payment , one from manually payment and second from recurring.

Now , this is a easy issue , in normal case you only need to open a tiket and ask for a refound for the 2 payment and is resolved.... BUT .... my question is ... way the most asian people is going directly to open a dispute in paypal ?

Do the changes below and the duplicate payments will be reduced massively.

Open viewinvoice.tpl line 58 and do this change:

{if $status eq "Unpaid" and !$subscrid}
                            <div class="small-text">
                                {$LANG.invoicesdatedue}: {$datedue}
                            </div>
                            <div class="payment-btn-container" align="center">
                                {$paymentbutton}
                            </div>
                            {else}You already have a Paypal subscription.
                        {/if}

Line 108:

<div class="row">
                    <div class="col-sm-6">
                        <strong>{$LANG.paymentmethod}:</strong><br>
                        <span class="small-text">
                        {if !$subscrid}
                            {if $status eq "Unpaid" && $allowchangegateway}
                                <form method="post" action="{$smarty.server.PHP_SELF}?id={$invoiceid}" class="form-inline">
                                    {$gatewaydropdown}
                                </form>
                            {else}
                                {$paymentmethod}
                            {/if}
                        {else}You already have a Paypal subscription.{/if}
                        </span>
                        <br /><br />
                    </div>

• ZealZeal Member
    edited February 2017

How do you know the client is Asian? What if they are married to an Asian guy and took on their significant others last name, but not Asian?

Anyways, I think it's easier for them sometimes when they have trouble finding the cancel link.

• LeonnLeonn Member
    edited February 2017

I am asian and actually know why it happens.
    Just culture diversity maybe...

saf31 said: Lack of understanding maybe, language is also a factor here. Some might think dispute is just a way of getting your money back if paid by mistake. They may not properly understand what a dispute is or the purpose of it. Paypal is also to blame for not making things clear.

Agree

• Leonn said: I am asian and actually know why it happens. Just culture diversity maybe...

i am perfectly agree we are different in some points , but were is the logical explication ? you dont talk with your seller and directly you open dispute ....

• Which part of asean? Care to share the statistics?

• hiphiphip0hiphiphip0 Member
    edited February 2017

Not strange for chinese because:

1, Some affiliate blogger make their readers thought dispute is a normal way to get money back.

2, Paypal recurring payment is not proper for chinese market, one time checkout is better.

Recurring payment require CC or balance.

CC is much less popular than unionpay card in china, to apply CC, you need proof of employment, real estate or car or deposits and consumption and there are many terms traps. Unionpay card is much easier to apply, only ID card is needed and could be used every where.

When I was in GuangZhou, a man from singapore want to buy tickets of pearl river night cruise
    for his family, he has a full variety of credit cards in purse but none of them works, cruise company only accept unionpay card.

There is no way to add balance to paypal and transfer is forbidden between chinese paypal accounts.

That's why I had to reduce the purchase of VPS from service providers that only supported credit and balance payments.

Thanked by 2superfast deadbeef
  • i'm never subscribe, better pay manually per month. btw i'm Asian but sorry never do that :)

• WSS said: You're drunk again?

He just starts learn Kung Fu drunk style in NK

https://youtu.be/74OBuMA2qEk

Thanked by 1DewlanceVPS
  • cociu said: i am perfectly agree we are different in some points , but were is the logical explication ? you dont talk with your seller and directly you open dispute ....

Let me make a try to explain the difference.

Asia, especially China

Background

There is a huge trading platform there called taobao.com, maybe more well-known by its another name, Alibaba.
    Although many people think it's similar to Ebay, it's not so similar.
    Most of the transaction online processed in this platform.

Refund Process

Employees of Taobao will handle and monitor the refund process even the buyer and seller make an agreement before.
    People make deals there are used to make refund or other dispute operation in taobao.com's website directly.
    For them, Asking for refund or dispute at this platform is a common behavior, because it's a standard and mandatory process in that platform.

Effect

And when they start to buy something out of this platform, especially from other countries, they keep this tradition and think PayPal is just another Taobao and Alipay.
    So, what we have talked about here happened and happened again.
    They even doesn't know what the support ticket is before they open dispute at PayPal.

PS: Alipay, like PayPal is a payment tool belong to Alibaba

How to Avoid ?

Actually I don't know.

Refusing these customers seem to be a useful solution but never a wise one. As far as I know, part of OVH has had this policy.

And when you accept them, you must take time to explain how the deals work beyond taobao.com and risks to receive dispute from PayPal.

Things will become better but will not so soon ...

• Leonn said: Refusing these customers seem to be a useful solution

not give the chanse to some people to buy a product or service is a little discrimination here no ? at least in my opinion , i have many chiness guys and is good customers ... but seems huge quantity is proceed the same with paypal dispute.

• LeonnLeonn Member
    edited February 2017

@cociu said:

Leonn said: Refusing these customers seem to be a useful solution

not give the chanse to some people to buy a product or service is a little discrimination here no ? at least in my opinion , i have many chiness guys and is good customers ... but seems huge quantity is proceed the same with paypal dispute.

I'm Chinese.
    I actually don't recommend you to refuse me to buy the services haha.
    I also don't have any good ideas to make the situation better, so just list some solutions someone have done.

• Leonn said: so just list some solutions someone have done

understand perfectly , but "someone" is wrong here , at least i think this is discrimination ... but how to avoid this in the future ? this is my question ,...

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited February 2017

cociu said: way the most asian people is going directly to open a dispute in paypal ?

they do believe that you rip them off or scam them or some think they been discriminated and you have charge them twice as all of these excuses are BS. They do have more trust in PP gateway, this way they definitely do get a full refund.

• How about make a note, under the check box of agree with therm, that if the user make a subscription and forget to cancel, just open a ticket. In red and bold

• @gkz said:
    How about make a note, under the check box of agree with therm, that if the user make a subscription and forget to cancel, just open a ticket. In red and bold

And in Chinese.

Thanked by 1exception0x876
  • if such case i have +90% clients of a particular origin then i would hire a native for support. otherwise make translation/commitment on TOS.