Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LET Storage - I'm Back! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LET Storage - I'm Back!

2»

Comments

• @Tsuyo and @AshleyUk - thanks for the clarifications.

@Tsuyo - regarding borgbackup, understood on the normal backup process, but every once in a while (or more often), it is prudent to run a repository check possibly directly on the repository machine and that will definitely be a CPU/Disk "hog" - however since it is going to be more IO bound than CPU bound (or at least balanced enough), it'll be fine I guess.

Either way the setup looks exciting and worth giving its due (so yes I'll be signing up soon).

Thanks.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • What are the prices for ur larger storage plans?

• @wojons said:
    What are the prices for ur larger storage plans?

How much do you require?

• @AshleyUk said:

@wojons said:

How much do you require?

What ever gives me best cost to TB ratio. But 10tb or more

• @wojons said:

@AshleyUk said:

@wojons said:

How much do you require?

Can you PM me please.

P.S all orders to date have been setup & provisioned.

• ashkulzashkulz Member
    edited February 2017

@AshleyUk said:
    This was due to a Kernel Panic on one node with the kernel running having an know Ubuntu KVM bug. This has since been patched and your VM was started on another node.

Looks like this bug bit me too. PHP seems to be acting up again, getting 504 gateway timeout on billing.zxhost.co.uk --- happy with the service otherwise (just had it for a day).

• @AshleyUk said:

@wojons said:

@AshleyUk said:

@wojons said:

How much do you require?

Can you PM me please.

P.S all orders to date have been setup & provisioned.

I sent you the PM already

• Public Status page has been added : http://status.zxhost.co.uk (Checked Every 1 Minute)

Recent Kernel Panic issue is related to : https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1655842

All our node's are now running the latest patched kernel.

• So tempting, but do I need another backup node? :D

Thanked by 1AshleyUk
  • I dont understand this wow about this deal. Time4vps is still better with more bandwidth...

• @Dormeo said:
    I dont understand this wow about this deal. Time4vps is still better with more bandwidth...

1. KVM

2. HA

Thanked by 2ucxo vimalware
  • ucxoucxo Member
    edited February 2017

@BBTN said:
    So tempting, but do I need another backup node? :D

With 2 GB RAM and a beefy CPU core, that thing doesn't only have to be a dumb file storage! :)

(Yes, I know it's an E5. It's still decent enough.)

• Order page still up, I've successfully resisted getting another one so far... I can't spring the funds for it now but hopefully that situation will improve.

AshleyUK, thanks for doing this and I hope you'll do it again sometime.

• Purchased, just waiting for provision! :)

• @AshleyUk said:

@simlev said: Thanks for the details about CEPH. I am a current customer and must say I'm satisfied with the performance of this package as a web and backup server. Only negatives so far are one unexpected reboot apparently due to a hypervisor bug that was corrected and that we couldn't get the inbuilt firewall at VM Network level to actually block anything. @AshleyUk is dialogating with Proxmox over this issue and has been providing prompt and helpful support.

This was due to a Kernel Panic on one node with the kernel running having an know Ubuntu KVM bug. This has since been patched and your VM was started on another node.

The Firewall issue should be resolved shortly, will update your ticket once ready.

Firewall issue fixed :-)

• @AshleyUk also waiting for provision, almost 2 days now =(

• Is anyone using this? if so can you post a review here

• Can I hammer a certain number of provisioned IOPS? (100? 200? 400) without being kicked off?

How about 500 iops for 40mins (enough to push 50-70gb data)

Right now I feel less of a dick doing borg backups from a kimsufi

• @vimalware said:
    Can I hammer a certain number of provisioned IOPS? (100? 200? 400) without being kicked off?

How about 500 iops for 40mins (enough to push 50-70gb data)

That will be fine, no hard limit as such but what you listed as fine.

• Do you have smaller storage option/monthly payment option?