Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Review] ChicagoVPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Review] ChicagoVPS

You can see their offer here :
https://lowendbox.com/blog/chicagovps-2gb-windows-vps-from-2mo-and-now-offering-windows-server-2016/

1. They have extremely lazy support. Slow response on ticket and mostly unavailable at chat. Your problem will not solved via chat, they will ask you to make a ticket and solve it in hours.
  2. Got hours delay on Windows VPS creation, I dont know why, but their FAQ said that Windows VPS will be create in 30-60 minutes is a lie.
  3. Your Windows VPS will not accessible! Cant ping the IP, cant connect via RDP, and NoVNC console in control panel will notifying you with "no bootable device" (http://imgur.com/a/XzRq0)
  4. Their bad control Panel mostly give this notification : "Operation Timed Out After 25001 Milliseconds With 0 Bytes Received". I dont know why :)
  5. They will give you a bad experience on dispute.

So they will give you an awesome live-lessons about server stuff. Grab it fast, because they just have 50 units available for each plan!

Comments

• Network & performance benchmark isnt available yet.

• bibibasu said: 5. They will give you a bad experience on dispute.

So you opened a dispute?

• bibibasu said: They will give you a bad experience on dispute.

Please don't complain here if they terminate your account after this. You searched for it.

Thanked by 2layc maverickp
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

After about 5 years of terrible reviews very publicly available, it is impossible to have any sympathy for anyone getting exactly what you should expect when buying from CVPS.

• Ishaq said: So you opened a dispute?

You know, the ol' Southeast Asia cancellation request of Paypal dispute rather than cancel within WHMCS

Thanked by 1mfs
  • bibibasu said: They have extremely lazy support. Slow response on ticket and mostly unavailable at chat. Your problem will not solved via chat, they will ask you to make a ticket and solve it in hours.

Live chat is for chat. Not technical support. Tickets are used to document problems and maybe check tickets to see a pattern of problems.

Got hours delay on Windows VPS creation, I dont know why, but their FAQ said that Windows VPS will be create in 30-60 minutes is a lie.

Marketing

Your Windows VPS will not accessible! Cant ping the IP, cant connect via RDP, and NoVNC console in control panel will notifying you with "no bootable device" (http://imgur.com/a/XzRq0)

Wasn't provisioned properly. A quick reinstall and maybe leaving the house for an hour might give you a working OS because people just click random buttons.

Their bad control Panel mostly give this notification : "Operation Timed Out After 25001 Milliseconds With 0 Bytes Received". I dont know why :)

How many times have you clicked boot/reboot or anything in the control panel?

They will give you a bad experience on dispute.

I guess you didn't cancel and went right for the Paypal dispute (aka not a valid cancellation request)

Thanked by 1sin
  • bibibasubibibasu Member
    edited February 2017

The last info I've got from cancellation ticket, they refuse to give my money back, and wont cancel the VPS.. So all Ive got is nothing. You guys should avoid this provider :)

• @bibibasu said:
    The last info I've got from cancellation ticket, they refuse to give my money back, and wont cancel the VPS.. So all Ive got is nothing. You guys should avoid this provider :)

Did you open a dispute case with Paypal or not ?

edited February 2017

@FredQc said: Did you open a dispute case with Paypal or not ?

>

both PayPal and ticket, but seems like they will not process it.

• mfsmfs Banned, Member
    edited February 2017

Opening paypal disputes is a poor way to deal with this. Are you Chinese/asian?

There seem to be some "cultural barrier" around these issues. When dealing with western operators, first you open a ticket, then you wait a reasonable amount of time for a reply (don't rush if within 30 minutes you haven't been refunded yet) and the thing will be very probably solved amicably.

Opening a dispute is not as bad as a chargeback, but it will expose your host through another hassle for no reasons.

Rule of thumb: don't expect any collaboration from a provider once you've performed a chargeback, and reasonably expect little or no collaboration if you have immediately opened a paypal dispute.

Disputes are the last resort if and when the host totally "scams" the customer and runs away with the money. It's not your case. Trying to "pressure" the counterpart with a paypal dispute (or worse, with a chargeback) is poor form and you'll probably lose any opportunity for a fast and fair settlement.

So again: paypal is not the way is you should normally ask for refunds. It's the extrema ratio. Is it clear?

Thanked by 1BeardyUnixGuy
    edited February 2017

@mfs said:
    Opening paypal disputes is a poor way to deal with this. Are you Chinese/asian?

There seem to be some "cultural barrier" around these issues. When dealing with western operators, first you open a ticket, then you wait a reasonable amount of time for a reply (don't rush if within 30 minutes you haven't been refunded yet) and the thing will be very probably solved amicably.

Opening a dispute is not as bad as a chargeback, but it will expose your host through another hassle for no reasons.

Rule of thumb: don't expect any collaboration from a provider once you've performed a chargeback, and reasonably expect little or no collaboration if you have immediately opened a paypal dispute.

Disputes are the last resort if and when the host totally "scams" the customer and runs away with the money. It's not your case. Trying to "pressure" the counterpart with a paypal dispute (or worse, with a chargeback) is poor form and you'll probably lose any opportunity for a fast and fair settlement.

So again: paypal is not the way is you should normally ask for refunds. It's the extrema ratio. Is it clear?

Thank mfs,

But it looks like a scam for me. In southeast asia, we can accept service problems since any service provider might experience any issue. But not with poor support. Service provider (via CS) are always take serious response to any complain because they know that business process is at stake here.

I always try to communicate with them since first time the problem occured. But as it is time, 3 hours almost passsed since their last response on the ticket.

They take my money, they take my good attitude, they give me nothing, they dont care about my problem. They wont give my money back but they wont fix the server. It should be enough to become a dispute reason, isnt it?

• BeardyUnixGuyBeardyUnixGuy Member
    edited February 2017

< @mfs > Please read and understand my well thought-out explanation, and why it's not okay to paypal dispute if you haven't waited a reasonable amount of time

< @bibibasu > I don't care. 3 hours passed which is similar to an eternity to me. my providers should never sleep and instead be available 24/7... regardless of the LEB prices I pay them. Plus, they should think of a Paypal dispute as a courteous way of cancelling my services, even if Paypal disputes have negative impacts on their business/workflow. If they want Southeast Asia business, then they must just accept that this is how we do business!!

... Some weeks later ...

< @bibibasu > Why these providers block/ban Southeast Asians from buying their services?!? Don't they want my money?!?

As with many other things, it's often the actions of a few that mess it up for everyone else.

If a provider wanted to deal with customers from another region/culture, then they (the provider) would have to adapt (their business processes etc). However, if you want to deal with providers from another region/culture, then you have to adapt to their ways of doing business.

• didtavdidtav Member
    edited February 2017

@doughmanes said:

Ishaq said: So you opened a dispute?

You know, the ol' Southeast Asia cancellation request of Paypal dispute rather than cancel within WHMCS

Sir, China is not south East Asia

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
    edited February 2017

@BeardyUnixGuy said: I don't care. 3 hours passed which is similar to an eternity to me. my providers should never sleep and instead be available 24/7...

Hi there, I dont think you clear with the "since their last response". It means, frequently I have communicating with them. And this 3 hours is not the one and only. I also have explain that "can accept service problems since any service provider might experience any issue", but may be you cant get it, or dont want to.

regardless of the LEB prices I pay them. Plus, they should think of a Paypal dispute as a courteous way of cancelling my services, even if Paypal disputes have negative impacts on their business/workflow.

Once again, frequently I have communicating with them. I got no solution, I got lazy response, and they wont fix the server, but they want to keep customer money.

If they want Southeast Asia business, then they must just accept that this is how we do business!! ... Some weeks later ... Why these providers block/ban Southeast Asians from buying their services?!? Don't they want my money?!?

Please dont be racist. A bit of goodwill to take the case seriously should be enough. Its nothing to do with Southeast Asia.

Talking about these lazy support, ring me a bell about past trx. How will you rate this below support in the scale 0-10?

Gracee15:59
    I am truly sorry for the inconvenience of waiting for so long since you open dispute for your refund. As a valued customer here in ***, I will send follow up report to our Higher Support Team to make this issue be prioritized so that you can have your refund soon.

Believe me I want to fix this issue as soon as possible so that you can have your money back.

As a valued customer here in ***, I will send follow up report and request to speed up to our Higher Support Team to make this issue be prioritized so that you can have your refund soon.

Me15:59
    Thank you very much, Im really appreciate this :)

You are most welcome Yohanes, I remembered when I first have my job. I really pledged that no matter what happens, I will do my very best to help the customers in need if it is regarding money because earning money is not easy.

I will also take note your account about this concern you have raised with us

Me15:59
    Really, once again, thank you :)

For any future inquiries regarding your order or account you can also visit this link for more self help option as reference: *** I hope this information will help you.

Is there anything else I can help you with or any question for me?

Me16:00
    Nope, Thank you very much :)

Gracee16:00
    It is always my honor to assist you and it's nice talking to you :)

Kindly rate my service to motivate me to work hard by clicking "end chat." Thank you for contacting ***. Enjoy the rest of your day!

Again thank you so much for being loyal and supportive to *** thanks also for your time.

Have a wonderful and fruitful day, take care always, bye.

[cheers emoticon here]

[another cheers emoticon here]

Gracee16:01
    Bye bye

• You opened this thread on a saturday. Billing (for most companies) works mon-fri. Hence, you should adjust your expectations accordingly.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • lol never buy chicagovps too many bad review

edited February 2017

@smadav84 said:lol never buy chicagovps too many bad review

Orang nusantara ya gan? Iya nih, parah banget, baru coba sekali ini langsung ngerasa ketipu gitu...

• CVPS is a joke, Yohanes.

• @bibibasu said:

@smadav84 said:lol never buy chicagovps too many bad review

Orang nusantara ya gan? Iya nih, parah banget, baru coba sekali ini langsung ngerasa ketipu gitu...

Please keep all posts in English as per forum rules

• @AnthonySmith said:
    After about 5 years of terrible reviews very publicly available, it is impossible to have any sympathy for anyone getting exactly what you should expect when buying from CVPS.

So why were they featured on LEB?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@advarisk said:

@AnthonySmith said:

Because they're owned and operated by the owners of LEB/LET? They mention it in the post, just it's under the fold. They used to show it above the fold but changed that a while back.

Francisco

Thanked by 1ashkulz
  • I've been with CVP for more than 5 years, They are not the best and many bad review about them. But for me they are one of good provider.

1. LiveChat is not for technical support. You are wrong if you want solve your problem via chat.

2. I have 15 existing windows vps hosted on cvp (20 VM before) + 3 linux VM. all of them deployed in a few minute. Of course some time I get error and problem with my service. But all problem always solve via ticket.

3+4 May be their node get high load or down server. Just wait for a few minute it will be online again. Their panel on billing is miror from virtualizor panel. I think is fine for reboot or reload the OS.

1. Sabar dikitlah :D

advarisk said: So why were they featured on LEB?

I guess this is part of the problem, people in general make literally no effort to consider anything in advance or check anything before buying, they just see a price tag and buy.

As fran said, they are owned by CC and CC owns the board.

They tend to appeal to the sheeple.

• @Francisco said:

@advarisk said:

@AnthonySmith said:

Because they're owned and operated by the owners of LEB/LET? They mention it in the post, just it's under the fold. They used to show it above the fold but changed that a while back.

Francisco

And they "abuse" their power to use colored text in their "ads" on LEB. (yes, their posts are the only ones with colors in it... It draws attention)

Thanked by 2default doghouch
  • @xphones said:
    I've been with CVP for more than 5 years, They are not the best and many bad review about them. But for me they are one of good provider.

1. LiveChat is not for technical support. You are wrong if you want solve your problem via chat.

2. I have 15 existing windows vps hosted on cvp (20 VM before) + 3 linux VM. all of them deployed in a few minute. Of course some time I get error and problem with my service. But all problem always solve via ticket.

3+4 May be their node get high load or down server. Just wait for a few minute it will be online again. Their panel on billing is miror from virtualizor panel. I think is fine for reboot or reload the OS.

1. Sabar dikitlah :D

Im trying to solve it via Chat because I think the ticket is useless. already waiting for 3 days without any goodwill from them. Tak tunggu geleme opo..

See you in another 7 days then when you get really angry, its not unheard of for them to ignore customers for 6 months, never mind 3 days haha.

Thanked by 1netomx
    edited February 2017

@AnthonySmith said:
    See you in another 7 days then when you get really angry, its not unheard of for them to ignore customers for 6 months, never mind 3 days haha.

Poor me.. haha..
    Do you know the thing made me mad the most? They want to keep my money, but they wont give anything. Like a thieves..

That will teach you to go for cheap hosts before doing any research, look on the bride side though, it's probably only the cost of a bag of Doritos and dip you lost, not worth the effort of getting mad over.

• @AnthonySmith said:

look on the bride side

Always look on the bride side of life whistle

'cuz I'm Mr. Bride side!

Bride side of the road?

Thanked by 2ATHK switsys
  • emgemg Veteran
    edited February 2017

@AnthonySmith said:

I guess this is part of the problem, people in general make literally no effort to consider anything in advance or check anything before buying, they just see a price tag and buy.

[...]

True, people buy without doing any research in advance, but they are willing to spend huge amounts of time and effort if they are unhappy with the slightest issue, which is often their own fault. All for a $4.95 VPS. Who wants that kind of customer anyway?