Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ubersmith manager
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ubersmith manager

ScammerProutScammerProut Member
edited February 2017 in Help

Does ubersmith have the ability to charge per kWh? I'm looking for some sort of manager that can bill clients per KWh used.

So far I've looked at ubersmith and hostbillapp and none of them mention anything about billing for power.

Comments

• Ubersmith CAN if your power devices/PDUs can report appropriately.

If you're considering Ubersmith and at it's price, just speak to the directly. It's very customizable but also very inflexible. I know that sounds contradictory, but it is.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Hostbill does allow billing per kWh IIRC. Not using this bit, but fairly sure I've see. It somewhere.

Thanked by 2gestiondbi GCat
  • gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

@Clouvider said:
    Hostbill does allow billing per kWh IIRC. Not using this bit, but fairly sure I've see. It somewhere.

Yup, their is a module to do it.

Thanked by 2Clouvider GCat
  • VortexMagnus said: If you're considering Ubersmith and at it's price, just speak to the directly. It's very customizable but also very inflexible. I know that sounds contradictory, but it is.

This, 100% accurate. One of the reasons that Ubersmith is still relevant in the modern world is that they will absolutely customize it to meet your business operations. They also charge a price that is relevant to this, but I'm sure you're aware of the price already.

• leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

@Damian said:

VortexMagnus said: If you're considering Ubersmith and at it's price, just speak to the directly. It's very customizable but also very inflexible. I know that sounds contradictory, but it is.

This, 100% accurate. One of the reasons that Ubersmith is still relevant in the modern world is that they will absolutely customize it to meet your business operations. They also charge a price that is relevant to this, but I'm sure you're aware of the price already.

But will they customize that disgusting 1999 UI to something more of this decade?

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

leapswitch said: But will they customize that disgusting 1999 UI to something more of this decade?

They released a new version that revamped the UI.

https://www.ubersmith.com/announcing-ubersmith-4-0/

• Avoid hostbill at all costs. Invest money in ubersmith.

@LTniger said:
    Avoid hostbill at all costs. Invest money in ubersmith.

why?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

LTniger said: Avoid hostbill at all costs. Invest money in ubersmith.

Ubersmith pricing certainly meets the definition of "all costs".

I was going to say that would wipe out most LET providers' profit but I think it's so expensive it would wipe out their gross...

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • @raindog308 At $1600/300 clients, I'm fairly certain that we'd all be broke. In order to break even (not including server costs) with Ubersmith, you'd need at least 300 customers paying $5.50 (ish) a month.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Yeah, I'm not sure how you grow your way out of Ubersmith. It's not like $1600/mo gives you the unlimited plan...it only gets you to 300. Beyond that it's "contact us".

Well, if you use it to bill colo, $5.5 MRC a rack (device) is not that terribly bad, if it fits the business case.

That's just not for everyone.

• @Clouvider said:
    Well, if you use it to bill colo, $5.5 MRC a rack (device) is not that terribly bad, if it fits the business case.

What do you think would be the best solution? I'm mostly worried out how effective it monitors the power over cost.

@KeKe said:

@Clouvider said:

What do you think would be the best solution? I'm mostly worried out how effective it monitors the power over cost.

Hostbill or Ubersmith just does number crunching. Data is provided fro current the PDUs. You'd need to test how reliable information provided by the PDUs you're going to use is, as this will determine accuracy.

Thanked by 1ScammerProut
  • @Clouvider said:

@KeKe said:

@Clouvider said:

Hostbill or Ubersmith just does number crunching. Data is provided fro current the PDUs. You'd need to test how reliable information provided by the PDUs you're going to use is, as this will determine accuracy.

I can't seem to get a demo from ubersmith and I really hate the fact of having to pay 1,499 to test out HostBillApp with a guaranteed money back if it doesn't work out.

Does anyone have an actual image of the metering for either application? Or the Colocation manager for that matter so I can see the actual readings from either one?