Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostGator Customer Service to Radically Improve
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostGator Customer Service to Radically Improve

raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Just kidding...they're firing almost 600 in Texas and hiring 600 in Arizona.

I'm sure this transition will be completely seamless to their customers.

http://www.thehostingnews.com/endurance-international-group-to-cut-austin-jobs.html

Thanked by 2Yura rds100

Comments

• SSDBlazeSSDBlaze Member, Host Rep

Title tricked me

I've dealt with HostGator support. To be honest, I've gotten issues dealt with fast through LiveChat (15 min wait usually) and Phone. However, everytime they open a ticket to resolve a issue the responses are awful. The worst I have seen is 6 days to reply.

• You got me!

• WHT had a EIG hiring post in the jobs section

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

doughmanes said: WHT had a EIG hiring post in the jobs section

I'm guessing working in CS there is like pumping gas in Oregon or New Jersey(*). You're hired at minimum wage, and you stay at minimum wage forever, because you're trivial to replace. EIG may need to pay a little more than minimum wage, but I'm guessing it isn't really a place to build career...

(*) By law, people are not allowed to pump their own gas in those two states, hence the gas pumper job. Yes, it's stupid.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2017

I was expecting a California/surfing joke. :(

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Heh, I guess they're not even pretending that Diya is a different company now. No one ever fell for it anyway, Hari's sister ran it.

Thanked by 1doughmanes