Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NEW NODE, Tell us your DREAM VPS PLAN & PRICE and we'll do our best make it happen-AlienVPS is back! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NEW NODE, Tell us your DREAM VPS PLAN & PRICE and we'll do our best make it happen-AlienVPS is back!

Comments

• They look like pretty decent plans. I will probably wait till the first reviews come out after these products have been finalised due to a few past issues :).

• @alterach: There is no such thing as review. On let it's all impulse buying

• @cosmicgate said: There is no such thing as review. On let it's all impulse buying

Haha, I know what you mean. I have many a time found my self in a situation where I have had the joy of buying a server but still have no use for it.

• KVM plans look really good. There's already so much OVZ out there, no need for more.

• i am interested on ssd-cached or ssd vps, if you are considering it. a kvm is good for me. i'm looking to transfer my srcds server somewhere.

• My wish

Reseller package
    Max account: 7
    Max ram:8
    Max burst:10
    Max ip:7
    Max disk space: 200gb
    Max bandwidth 5tb
    Price:$25

• NevilNevil Member
    edited February 2013

A cool plan would be.

KVM
    2 cores
    768 MB RAM
    50 GB HD (probably SSD-cached?)
    1 TB Bandwidth
    1 Gbit/s

$5.25/mo or $50/year (actually $63/year but let's say you add 20% off so it's $50)

• RobertClarkeRobertClarke Member, Host Rep

@Zen That's what I was thinking.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Gimme KVM mini rait nauuuuuu!!

• Hi All, please find my responses to the specific issues brought up here below:

DeanClinton – We have been very focused on our support lately and have gone almost a year without any major advertised promotions. Currently we have 4 active aliens working on customer service:

Russell (me) – Answers majority of all support tickets
    Alien Nate – Answers billing and sales
    Alien Jason – Answers Level 3 support tickets
    Alien Mike – Mainly on Live Chat but does answer support tickets once in awhile.

Liam – 2011 was a period of high-growth for us and we certainly had some growing pains, I do not deny that. As far as DC moves go we switched once from Los Angeles, CA to Las Vegas, NV and once from New York, NY to Secaucus, NJ. The reason for moving was that we started out with UbuiquityServers in LA/NY and outgrew what they could offer us and decided to upgrade our colo and work directly with DC’s. If/when you ever want to try our services again I can reactivate the VPS plans you once had with us and add in a complimentary year.

Geekalot – thanks for providing input on your experiences with us. As far as our support goes, for the past 3 months, 90% of tickets submitted Mon-Fri are answered within 12 hours and rarely does a ticket go unanswered for more than 24 hours. During weekends ticket response times are slower and depending on when they’re submitted may take 24-36 hours for a response. I will be updating our websites to inform vistors/customers of the slower response time during the weekend.

MonsterR – we do have more than 2 staff members and we check Alienlayer all day long. My full time job is managing Alienlayer/Webrulon and Mon-Fri I am logged into our billing/ticket system for 12+ hours/day. On weekends I try my best to log in a few times/day. Rest assured that whatever time or day it is we have multiple monitoring systems in place and if a critical issue arises I drop whatever I am doing to address the problem and fix as quickly as possible. If I am ever unavailable our Level 3 tech Jason is on call to fix emergencies and we also have a contract with a sever management company that can step in, however we rarely need to utilize their services. Additionally, all our currently active nodes except for 2 of them have IPMI w/ remote KVM capabilities, so we rarely need to wait on the DC staff for remote-hands services. I also live 20 minutes from the NY/NJ DC and physically go there to expedite the resolution of anything critical. As for our host node servers we try our best to effectively manage and balance the server resources with the requirements of the customer VPSes. We try to prevent any of our nodes from getting overloaded but when it does happen we will first try to optimize the node and if that doesn’t work we’ll move the high-load customers to different nodes. If an overloaded node is being used to provision new accounts we’ll immediately stop provisioning servers on that node. As for our Webrulon client area, if you’ve tried to reach us for support on Webrulon and you are an AlienLayer customer, since this is not the normal support channel then you should not expect to receive a response in a timely manner. We actually stopped offering our premium hosting services on Webrulon 1 ½ years ago to focus on the AlienLayer brand so currently Webrulon just offers web design and online marketing services to small businesses.

Zen – I do not recall any ticket from the past 6 months that has taken weeks to receive a resolution. That’s not to say it did not happen, I just do not recall the ticket you are referring to. If you could reply with a ticket ID or some additional information I’ll be happy to look up the ticket and speak to the specific issue.

Thanks to everyone that has contributed to the thread thus far. Your comments are invaluable and I hope the responses continue.

Mini kvs, I want! And if you said that we suggest, may I suggest a better price for yearly? ;)

• netomx, thanks for your suggestion. On the KVM mini we probably couldn't go any cheaper than $14/year

We are considering putting all the Roswell plans on 1gbps uplinks! What do you guys think about that?

Ok ok. Well better get that plans before I regret! XD

• @AlienLayer Your Las Vegas node is down..

• @AlienLayer is back..? No, @AlienLayer is SEXY-bump for a good provider!

• Do you guys still offer DDoS filtered IP's and if so, has that improved?

• LAkid always talking like if a provider just have one node...

And for adding something.... I just cancelled my servers (I had two yearly VPSs) with them because they were unstable and the support was a ghost

• @AlienLayer said: Please also give us some ideas on what you guys would like in terms of pricing.

LET limit is 7 USD/month.

• @m2e said: Do you guys still offer DDoS filtered IP's and if so, has that improved?

Also interested in this? It this just pure awknet filtering?

• Yeah most likely. Just wanted to see their point of view on this.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited February 2013

@AlienLayer out of curiosity - where is (or will be) located this new node? LV or NJ?

• Looking into your AS, it seems you are running your NY (NJ) network purely on Cogent. Am I correct?

If this is true, this is unacceptable. The port speed just needs to be 50 MB/s +, so that's not a priority. Bandwidth quality on the other hand... RamNode uses Tinet and are bringing on nLayer. nLayer/Tinet blend is MUCH better than pure Cogent.

• I suggest you do some market research and figure out what your other companies are offering.

• 32 or 64 mb plan would be good

• RobertClarkeRobertClarke Member, Host Rep

@hayhayday Gotta love lowend RAM :)

• KVM Abduction Mini - 1 core, 10GB HD, 256MB RAM, 500GB Transfer, 50mbps uplink 15$

• $3/mo . hows this price .

@challengeke said: KVM Abduction Mini - 1 core, 10GB HD, 256MB RAM, 500GB Transfer, 50mbps uplink 15$

I like this! or $14 :D come on! I'm almost getting in a loan for a house... i need to spend something before i cant! hahaha

• First off let me apologize to everyone for being absent from this thread for the past 2 days. As with BuyVM we were hit with two power outages at FiberHub in our Las Vegas location which has kept us non-stop busy dealing with the fallout. We are seriously considering moving to a different West Coast DC as a result of this. Anybody have any suggestions?

apollo15 - Our Advanced DDOS protection is the Awknet filtering and we do still have it available in Las Vegas only.

yomero - Would you mind private messaging me your VPS IP address so I can bring up your past support tickets?

Spirit - The new node will be located in NY/NJ.

flam316 - Right now it is just Cogent, we will most likely end up putting these new plans on 1Gbps uplinks. We are also pricing out other providers to bring in another 1Gbps connection and blend this with our current 1Gbps Cogent connection, however we are in the very early planning stages and don't anticipate having another BW provider in NY for at least 6 months.

As a general heads-up to everyone, we are planning to launch a new line of KVM and OpenVZ SSD plans which should be available in 1-2 months. These plans will be completely different from the, "Roswell" plans we've been discussing in this thread.

-Happy Valentines Day!

• @Jack said: @AlienLayer Wouldn't it make more sense making use of Fiberhub's Blacklotus peering rather than using Awknet's network and tunnelling?

I remember @Spencer has a few boxes in FH and he was using FH's Blacklotus IPs for filtering on Minecraft , Not sure if he still does.

To be honest, it is shittier than shit