Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UK VPS - 1GB - Special offer! - £5.00 Semi Annually or £10.00 Annually - While stock lasts!!!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

UK VPS - 1GB - Special offer! - £5.00 Semi Annually or £10.00 Annually - While stock lasts!!!

****Here we have a special offer for LET Members that will blow your socks off! We are offering this superb deal for just £10.00 per year , WHILE STOCKS LAST**

**LET OFFER VPS**

[*]Cpu Cores - 4
[*]Ram - 1 GB
[*]Burstable Ram - 1024MB
[*]Raid 10 Disk Space - 50 GB
[*]Bandwidth - 2000 GB
[*]IPV4 - 1 - More available
[*]Openvz
[*]TUN/TAP Enabled
[*]Solus VM Control Panel
[*]Over 15+ Templates
[*]Instant Activation!

£5.00 Half Year / £10.00 Per Year

Order: https://www.northhosts.co.uk/clientarea/cart.php?a=add&pid=64

Included with all plans:

24/7 Support

Ticket Support

Free Setup

Try us today!!

Thanked by 1sadatia

Comments

• What's the CPU throttled at?

• Where are they located?

• Looks like the same offer posted earlier is being continued. I've got 2 services with them, pretty happy with the VPS but the staff there seems overloaded.

• @emo4lif1 said:
    Where are they located?

From an older post it is in Wigan, Greater Manchester.

• @advarisk said:
    Looks like the same offer posted earlier is being continued. I've got 2 services with them, pretty happy with the VPS but the staff there seems overloaded.

The specs are exactly the same, but I kind of expected an answer rather than a drive-by. Guess I'll test my OVZ later and post what I find, instead.

• No drive bys here guys, I just don't actively provide support on Let. Its a variety of cpus so that's dependent. Cpu is fair usage, don't be maxing the core out for longer than 5 mins.

Thanked by 1WSS
  • You mean you don't obsessively reload LET? Are you sure you're in the right place?

Thanked by 1dedicados
  • I do but there's a bit of sleep in between :)

• tenperatenpera Member
    edited February 2017

@WSS would you run some test? I'm interesting in what kind of cpu, disk speed etc..

• @tenpera said:
    @WSS would you run some test? I'm interesting in what kind of cpu, disk speed etc..

See the other thread linked above, it has some benchmarks.

Thanked by 1tenpera
  • brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@northhosts Do you offer any IPv6 addresses/subnets with this VPS?

• @brueggus said:
    @northhosts Do you offer any IPv6 addresses/subnets with this VPS?

Not at present sorry!

• @tenpera said:

Here's a more-current test, I guess. I queued up to do it last night, but then completely neglected to.

wss@resolver3:~/src/bench/bench-sh-2-master$ bash ./bench.sh
    Benchmark started on Tue Feb  7 12:40:41 EST 2017
    Full benchmark log: /home/wss/bench.log

System Info
    -----------
    Processor   : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           E5420  @ 2.50GHz
    CPU Cores   : 4
    Frequency   : 2497.000 MHz
    Memory      : 1024 MB
    Swap        : 1024 MB
    Uptime      : 1 day, 21:32,

OS      : Debian GNU/Linux 7
    Arch        : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel      : 2.6.32-042stab113.17
    Hostname    : resolver3

Speedtest (IPv4 only)
    ---------------------
    Your public IPv4 is 86.75.30.9

Location        Provider    Speed
    CDN         Cachefly    20.5MB/s

Atlanta, GA, US     Coloat      5.28MB/s 
    Dallas, TX, US      Softlayer   11.0MB/s 
    Seattle, WA, US     Softlayer   8.84MB/s 
    San Jose, CA, US    Softlayer   10.9MB/s 
    Washington, DC, US  Softlayer   3.27MB/s 

Tokyo, Japan        Linode      5.17MB/s 

• Had a vps with you a few months back (the special 512 mb offer here). All was fine except that the IP was not geolocated to UK. The problem was quickly solved, so it was ok. Didn't really need the vps, so I dropped it. Was seduced to take this offer again, to use it for a uk proxy. Guess what? No UK geolocation again! And this time the support was not so friendly. My ticket was met with the grudging reply: "we never advertised any specific location". WTF? When you buy a VPS in a specific country you certainly expect the ip to geolocate accordingly.

Still, the support promised to change the ip. Then the story changed. I was informed that the ip range was submitted for change. Now my ticket is closed with no idea about ETA.

Again, the service, from my experience, was very good. The situation with geolocation is strange, however. And the reaction of the support now looks ever stranger.

• No story changed whatsoever. The ip range you are on is a new range and is not showing the correct geolocation. I've submitted this to max mind to get changed over which I have informed you of on ticket. I'm not quite sure what else there is to say? You asked and we told you.

• @als said:
    Now my ticket is closed with no idea about ETA.

I think that the auto-closing of tickets, even when some action is pending rubs off people wrongly -- I haven't seen that at any other provider.

• The ticket was replied to and will auto close if nothing further is added. To reopen a ticket you reply to it. Im not going to keep tickets open for no reason if they are answered.

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

advarisk said: I haven't seen that at any other provider.

Many providers auto-close their tickets after 48h if they're answered. For the provider it's great, because the number of tickets in the queue goes down. From a customer's perspective this is kind of pissing me off, too. To my mind, a ticket should be kept open until it is fully resolved. And to be fair: There are also some providers who handle it that way.

Thanked by 1willie
  • @northhosts said:
    The ticket was replied to and will auto close if nothing further is added. To reopen a ticket you reply to it. Im not going to keep tickets open for no reason if they are answered.

In the specific instance I was talking about (#980054), it got closed even though status was "Customer-Reply". Although I can understand your wanting to close tickets after inactivity, for me personally it means there's no way to keep track of things which are pending from your side (also no timeline to fix was shared when deploying letsencrypt is just a 5-min task). I'm a happy repeat customer of your services (can't be less happy about them), so the dissatisfaction is more on communication than anything else .. same when the faulty PDU happened ... there was no update anywhere.