Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Provider Poll Q4 2016 - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Top Provider Poll Q4 2016

Comments

• My vote goes to:

1) Quadhost/i83 for their awesome NAT range

2) OVH

3) Netcup

Thanked by 1quadhost
  • @myhken said:
    1 x vote to OVH, 1 x vote to Hetzner, 1 x vote to Kimsufi

OVH and Kimsufi are the same company so votes will still be consolidated.

• @busbr said:

@myhken said:
    1 x vote to OVH, 1 x vote to Hetzner, 1 x vote to Kimsufi

OVH and Kimsufi are the same company so votes will still be consolidated.

But no rules against that? You don't need to track down the owners of each host to find out if they are the same company...or?

• busbrbusbr Member
    edited February 2017

@myhken said:
    But no rules against that? You don't need to track down the owners of each host to find out if they are the same company...or?

There's no tracking down, the Kimsufi website literally says that they are OVH. So yes we both know that they're the same provider.

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited February 2017

So, in no particular order:

1. Fiberoute - @Infinity is a great guy who know his shit, runs a tight operation, always willing to cut a custom deal so I can get exactly what I want.

2. Inception Hosting - @AnthonySmith is probably the most consistently reliable provider on LET over the last few years, IMO. Great range of standard plans, some brilliant specials and of course, the Daddy of LowEndSpirit.

3. @NorthHosts - had servers with them on and off over the last year, the new location is great and Jon's customer service is excellent (thanks for fixing all the Debian installs on the dedi's).

Also, please exclude me from the prize draw, I've really no need of additional plans and I'm sure there are others who need (and will make more use of) more than I.

• Top Providers:

• OVH
    • BuyVM
    • Vultr

Best new:

• VortexNode.
  • ZXHost , UltraVPS.eu (bradler&krantz) , Arubacloud

best new: Vortex - don't have service with but he made quite some impact, so kudos at least for marketing tactics ;-)

HM: Hetzner, OVH, Netcup, Online.net

Thanked by 1VortexMagnus
  • ZXHost, BuyVM, Hetzner.

HM: XHostFire, @deployvm was awesome when handling my requests back when I was with them.

Thanked by 2deployvm Francisco
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2017

Not really LET/B Hosts but I use them for infrastructure so they sort of are :)

1) @Clouvider - I really did not know what a first class network was until I started using them.

2) IOflood - don't think they have a rep here but super stable and consistent.

3) RackSRV - Again I don't think they have a rep but super dependable.

And thanks for the Inception/LEB/LHC/ServersNV votes so far :)

Thanked by 2Clouvider yomero
    1. DO
    2. Vultr
    3. LHC (Inceptionhosting)

Best newcomer: Vortexnode

• TragicSever, VortexNode, DigitalOcean

Thanked by 2VortexMagnus tragic
  • Inception Hosting: One of my faster vps's, network in the UK location is brilliant but that's due to @Clouvider premium network blend.

Netcup: Got one of there's 2 dedi core 6GB special a few month back, not the fastest vps ever but it's a nice stable workhorse.

Ovh: Got a few dedicated server with them, uptime is great not had any down time for well over a year, network/support can be a bit flaky at time but for the Price they are quite good.

• This time, my current votes goes to :

• Prometeus brand (iwStack/Iperweb/Prometeus/Xenpower)
    • i83 with their stable NAT vps
    • WinnerVPS : The best among Indonesian VPS provider in speed and support.

Best new provider :

• Hostforce : They have a fast ssd vps and also stable server
    Thanked by 1Maounique
  • HackedServerHackedServer Member
    edited February 2017
    • LunaNode
    • Tzulo
    • AWS

New Provider: Nodion

• In no particular order:

1. Virmach - Best prices for services that just works and with good uptime.

2. GestionDBI - Good service and great servers, I hope their KVM line will be all that customers need.

3. Inception Hosting - What can i say, past years @AnthonySmith proves his company to be reliable, he have a lot of knowledge and know what he is doing. Since black friday his company also had best offers on LET.

HM : Liteservers.nl, BuyVM/Shared

• bsdguybsdguy Member
    edited February 2017
    • vStoike - their connectivity is poor but all the other parameters - especially support, professionalism, and russian friendliness - make up for it.
    • prometeus - just works and is in the upper third in all parameters (got an old special. probably not existing anymore. Probably they'd even like to get rid of my old KVM but I cling to it *g)
    • hostsolutions - "cociu". Need I say more? (Plus: Not bad at all and in some things even great)

• New player: nodion - Now, that they are going away from virtkick crap they might become a bigger player. Hint: Get your connectivity up, Nik!

• H.M.: alphavps. Actually I got a dedi and not a vps but besides some minor hiccups I'm very happy with them. Lots of potential there and a good basis plus friendly support trying hard to have everything running well.

Special category I just pulled out of thin air:

• "Very interesting. Should always be checked first" - Clouvider and AnthonySmiths company.
      Didn't try yet due to little interest in usa/uk but based on what I see and hear and read I take them to be very knowledgeable and professional players.
    Thanked by 2Clouvider Maounique
  • Votes:
    OVH
    Virmach
    TragicServers

Best new provider:
    VortexNode

Thanked by 2VortexMagnus tragic
  • doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited February 2017
    1. OVH - they still power most of my websites, and power my DDoS protected seedbox :)
    2. ExtraVM - reliable, fast. Overall, the box I have with @MikeA is pretty damn great!
    3. BuyVM - haven't been with them in a while, since the stock keeps being obliterated @Francisco :(

Best new provider - VortexNode!! Great deals, auctions, umm... yeah. Keep up the good work, @VortexMagnus!! (I mean Big Swag)

1. BuyVM
    2. CatalystHost
    3. Impact VPS

Newcomer - Virmach

• Online.net

Secure dragon

OVH

HM: buyvm (didn't vote because I didn't had any active services with them during 16Q4. But I have bought a KVM slice and am really enjoying it. Will probably vote for them in 2017 poll.)

Thanked by 1Francisco
    1. BuyVM / @Francisco

2. LiteServer / @Liteserver

3. QuadHost / @Quadhost

Best New Provider

VortexNode

• In no particular order:
    Ramnode
    Digital Ocean
    Buyshared

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited February 2017
    • InceptionHosting (support and network in UK)
    • Arubacloud (the starter vps are 'just right', for the price of an IPv4)
    • Onepoundwebhosting(hostnode died in Jan but stuart restored KVM disk images from backup in hours, and I'm good as new.)

Best new provider : none (been over a year since I tried someone 'new' because this market is Savage. ) Wishosting (forgot about this gem. damn)

HM: liteserver.nl, ultravps.eu, online.net, buyshared.

• inception
    Buyvm
    Wishosting

• CrownCloud

InceptionHosting

Cloud.net

• GromGrom Member
    edited February 2017
    1. Hetzner
    2. BuyVM
    3. TerraHost (.no)
    Thanked by 1Francisco