Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WholeSaleInternet Dedicated server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WholeSaleInternet Dedicated server

I want to know is it possible to use wholesaleinternet dedicated server for website hosting?
I have likely 4-6 carts , 2-3 whmcs site , 4-5 wordpress and 30-35 php/html site.
Every site has traffic.

Is there machine and network is able to support cPanel based hosting with 55-60 sites?
And whats about firewall or ddos protection?

Suggest me some other cheap dedicated server provider also, Location US/UK or some else if you know

Thank You

Comments

• Been a client of them last year and they have power issues from time to time... go with them for backups and other non-critical stuff.

Take a look at Kimsufi/SYS in Canada (OVH).

• doughmanesdoughmanes Member
    edited February 2017

Athyl said: And whats about firewall or ddos protection?

They don't offer that. Their network connectivity is typical bologna and cheese sandwich budget like you'd find with Dacentec. If you want firewall/DDOS protection, up your budget and check out OVH. Been with OVH for almost 2 years and was a victim of the fiber cut like everybody else was.

Each time I look at WSI and debate about ordering from them again, I'm often reminded about poor decision making while drinking and usually regret it later on.

Thanked by 1WSS
  • Maybe you should order a SuperDeal instead? :)

Thanked by 3Junkless Hxxx switsys
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited February 2017

WSI is more than fine for hosting sites. I have 2 servers with them since early 2015 and the performance is pretty good. Connectivity is more than decent for the price, the traffic is plenty and the support is fast and very helpful. I have experienced extremely minor outages with them and I host, in one server, several vps with over 40 sites in one of them, several other apps in the others. But, have in mind that it is a bughet service with not new hardware, so, you better have a failover scenario in case of a disaster (scenario that you should have it even in the most good and respectful provider, though).
    There is no hardware firewall or DDoS support, but you can easily buy a voxility DDoS filtered ip with a cheap vps from BuyVM and use it as a proxy for your server. It depends on the traffic, etc.
    Have in mind that such low priced servers, are not (of course) for real critical applications and hosting that demands 100% uptime. If you want something like that, you have to rise a lot your budget and/or create a HA infrastructure with multiple failproof points.

• sinsin Member
    edited February 2017

Someone said that WSI now has DDoS protection (beta, they are peering with Hibernia now https://bgpview.io/asn/32097#peers-v4). I've used them and I think they're great for the price. Sure the network isn't amazing but I never had any issues and support was fast.

• Thanks for the replies, My budget is low because i want to host sites only & after addon of cPanel license prices will also change.
    My budget is like $20-$30 in which i want normal server of website hosting with some protection.

• I have been really happy with WSI for the past 18 months, according to my monitoring software i've only had about an hour of downtime in 18 months since signing up. One big selling point for me is that you can get a DirectAdmin license for a small one time fee. I like this better than cpanel anyway.

• im using now almost a year their dedicated server without problems

@klpowell the free DA license isn't anymore, they have stopped that a few months ago

• @active8 said:
    im using now almost a year their dedicated server without problems

@klpowell the free DA license isn't anymore, they have stopped that a few months ago
    @klpowell said:
    I have been really happy with WSI for the past 18 months, according to my monitoring software i've only had about an hour of downtime in 18 months since signing up. One big selling point for me is that you can get a DirectAdmin license for a small one time fee. I like this better than cpanel anyway.

Did you both using for website hosting? If yes whats about the protection level?
    Also share me the domain/ip so i can test it also.

• @Athyl yes im using it for webhosting and no i cant give you any ip address here for privacy reasons, but you can do a search here , if im remember correctly WSI has some posts here with a test ip
    I didn't hear anything about DDOS protection on their network

• @active8 said:
    @Athyl yes im using it for webhosting and no i cant give you any ip address here for privacy reasons, but you can do a search here , if im remember correctly WSI has some posts here with a test ip
    I didn't hear anything about DDOS protection on their network

Thats ok, I understand about the privacy.
    So you mean you are not sure about the protection, Alright. Can you please share me the link of the server which you purchased from them so i can think more about it.

• i have a i5 Server with 16 GB ram and 1 TB HD (i know no RAID but i have a good backup plan :) )
    But that isnt on their list anymore, i see a i7 for 30 dollars so here you go : https://www.wholesaleinternet.net/dedicated/

• Yes, I offer low cost hosting to non-profits and WSI is where my primary server is located, though I do keep backups at another DC and could spin up a server quickly if something happens. There is no DDos protection, but this has not been an issue for me as well and my type of clinets do not tend to attract such attention. I would rather not give our my ip or domain on here.

• Athyl said: Also share me the domain/ip so i can test it also.

This won't happen, we don't know who you are or another let member could also harm the server.

They don't have DDoS AFIK, but you can always open a presales ticket with them and ask as many questions as you want. LET members can help you about the realibility of a product, their opinion and experiences, but for the specs you should awlays ask the provider. Only him can give you an accurate answer.

Thanked by 1Athyl
  • Currently, the super deals are not as spicy as before ;) . Needs SSD and pepper

@VortexMagnus said:
    Maybe you should order a SuperDeal instead? :)

Thanked by 1WSS
  • AaronWAaronW Member, Patron Provider

We do have DDoS protection in place now. It's been a active for about a month.

• AaronW said: We do have DDoS protection in place now. It's been a active for about a month.

Could you give us some more details? Is it for all servers? What layer attack does it cover? And for what type of DDoS, how many Mbps can filter?

• Happy client here as well - although I'm with a reseller who can do custom setups.

Production-wise, I've been with them for 9 months and counting - rare network hiccups (I'm lucky I just one had short downtime). It's true though that others had network failure on some nodes before, I just didn't experience it that time.

Some servers have good downloads, some don't. It's kind of a lottery pick. We worked on it for a month, no luck.

Their 480gb SSDs are quite new, I had an Intel before - great speed! I don't remember the one I'm using now, will check later. HDDs are quite old - Toshibas, some will peak at 175mb/s, and others just 125mb/s.

For DDoS, I thought about this before, I think BuyVM tunnel is the best route to go.

Beware of billing though, 1 day overdue gets suspended, 2 day will get terminated.

@jvnadr said:

AaronW said: We do have DDoS protection in place now. It's been a active for about a month.

Could you give us some more details? Is it for all servers? What layer attack does it cover? And for what type of DDoS, how many Mbps can filter?

At this point we still consider the system in beta.

The scrubbing system will scrub just about anything. We're adding new profiles to our detection system every day. For obvious reasons I won't go into what we've implemented at this point.

Yes it's for all servers, the entire network is covered as of now. Once an attack is detected the traffic is swung to a separate provider who isn't used for any normal traffic and filtered on a separate, in house network before being put back on our production network. The capacity is somewhere between 20 and 50Gbits.

In the future we'll include a certain amount of capacity with each server and charge for higher tiers, dedicated lines, etc. Right now the entire system is included free of charge while we test and continue to build attack profiles.

If you're on our network and experiencing an attack that isn't getting detected, you can request filtering in a support ticket and we can manually route you through the system also.

• deadbeefdeadbeef Member
    edited February 2017

It's been a smooth ride with WSI for me as well. Support was very fast to respond and fix a network related problem I experienced. Overall great value for money.

@sanmax88 said:
    Beware of billing though, 1 day overdue gets suspended, 2 day will get terminated.

We do send out the invoice 10 days before the due date though, so there's plenty of warning. Also, if you're a reseller and having trouble collecting from a customer we can flex on the termination timeframe. It's done on a case by case basis. You just need to open a ticket with billing.

• @AaronW Any promo coming up?

@tenpera said:
    @AaronW Any promo coming up?

I'm going to turn off the E3-1230v2 promo I've been running for the last week in about an hour. No promo's today but keep an eye on the custom servers section, I'm going to be dumping some more stuff in there.

Thanked by 1tenpera
  • @AaronW said:

@sanmax88 said:

We do send out the invoice 10 days before the due date though, so there's plenty of warning. Also, if you're a reseller and having trouble collecting from a customer we can flex on the termination timeframe. It's done on a case by case basis. You just need to open a ticket with billing.

Not a reseller, just getting them from a reseller :)

So, there's custom servers now? Sweet. Will there be E3s soon?

• I'm with WSI for about a year. And having no problems at all.I think WSI is great value for money.

• Thanks for the comments and reviews.
    I am thinking to purchase server from wsi for my sites soon, Hope i get the best service and support.

• I've looked at their servers before but without kvm on most of them doesn't really seem appealing.

Thanked by 1doughmanes

@DrFallen said:
    I've looked at their servers before but without kvm on most of them doesn't really seem appealing.

If you order a custom server you can request a KVM on an as needed basis.

@sanmax88 said:
    Not a reseller, just getting them from a reseller :)

So, there's custom servers now? Sweet. Will there be E3s soon?

I'm working on the new E3 custom's now. There are a few more we'll put up also.