Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nearly-New VPS. Cash on out on these deals- I'm practically GIVING THEM AWAY!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Nearly-New VPS. Cash on out on these deals- I'm practically GIVING THEM AWAY!

WSSWSS Member
edited February 2017 in General

Once again, it is time to thin out the herd.

I have a ton of Virmach OVZ and KVMs left which I love, but the care and feeding should probably be used on food and transport, instead. I love them all as they were my own children, but I can't care and feed for them like they should be.

Now it's up to you, dear LETzen, to take care of these poor nearly-abandoned VPS. Won't you spend a few cents a day to keep them warm, well fed, and doing more than idling for the heck of it?

Once again, first up are my VirMach children. These cost several dollars each to transfer, but they're well worth the expense,being that they're all sold for a pittance during the holidays.

The first entry is how much it costs, and the second are the specifications- in RAM, HD, and Transit. The third is if I have more than one unit available.

**OVZ (Dallas)**:
$12.00  (1G/25GB/750GB)
$15.00  (1G/30GB/2TB)
$12.50  (128MB/10G/500GB)
$18.00  (256MB/15GB/1000GB)
$10.00  (3G/10GB/500GB)
$25.00  (2G/30GB/3TB) (2)

**KVM (New York)**:
$15.00  (1G/20GB/1000G) (2)
$8.00   (512MB/15GB/1TB) (2)

They've all got 10-nearly 11 full months left in most cases, but pricing has been set accordingly. I can do PayPal, or GWallet if you make it worthwhile. I don't do BitCoin, because I have bills to pay.

Hit me up with any questions, and thank you for loving Pupkin.

• WSS Crosby
Thanked by 1sonic

Comments

• Can you include their locations?

• Is this allowed by virmach?

• Sorry, I was actually just adding that. KVMs are in New York, OVZ in Dallas.

• @Dazzle said:
    Is this allowed by virmach?

Yes. I asked for approval before offering the thread. They're charging me several dollars per transfer.

• I'm interested in the 2GB OVZ one. Is that $25 each or for the 2 of them (I only ask as I got the same thing for $11 a year, just clarifying if it was a typo)?

Cheers!

• That is what they cost per-each. I have two units, and that is why I marked them as such. They were more expensive due to the higher transit (3TB) bandwidth. If you have the same for $11, I'd love to know the host! :)

Let me know if you have any other questions.

• Is 1GB KVM supported Windows?

• @WSS said:
    That is what they cost per-each. I have two units, and that is why I marked them as such. They were more expensive due to the higher transit (3TB) bandwidth. If you have the same for $11, I'd love to know the host! :)

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Oh they're with VirMach as well, which is why I was asking. I picked them up during the xmas sales. Exact same specs as well, apart from +20gb storage. Was a ripper of a deal.

• TamerciagaTamerciaga Member, Host Rep

"Cash me outside on these deals"

Thanked by 1WSS
  • How do I pay?

Thanked by 1WSS
  • Sorry if i've missed something but how does this fit with the rules for selling? https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/91406/rules-for-selling-on-lowendtalk/p1 ?

• @OnACloud said:
    Sorry if i've missed something but how does this fit with the rules for selling? https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/91406/rules-for-selling-on-lowendtalk/p1 ?

It doesn't, this post has nothing to do with those rules.

Thanked by 3WSS OnACloud deadbeef
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@sonic said:
    Is 1GB KVM supported Windows?

Yes, it is.

• How many cores does the 1G/20GB/1000G KVM come with?

• @Nekki said:

@OnACloud said:
    Sorry if i've missed something but how does this fit with the rules for selling? https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/91406/rules-for-selling-on-lowendtalk/p1 ?

Ok thanks for that.

• Sorry everyone, although I seem to be a robot, I do actually sleep sometimes.

@lettizen said:
    How do I pay?

You'll send PayPal to my email address that I'll send you in a message which is the same as your registered address at Virmach, and I'll initiate a transfer. It's easy-peasy!

> @Falco33 said:
    > How many cores does the 1G/20GB/1000G KVM come with? 

1 core.

cpu0 at mainbus0: apid 0 (boot processor)
    cpu0: QEMU Virtual CPU version (cpu64-rhel6), 2000.36 MHz
    cpu0: FPU,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SSE3,CX16,HV,NXE,LONG,LAHF
    cpu0: 64KB 64b/line 2-way I-cache, 64KB 64b/line 2-way D-cache, 512KB 64b/line 16-way L2 cache
    cpu0: ITLB 255 4KB entries direct-mapped, 255 4MB entries direct-mapped
    cpu0: DTLB 255 4KB entries direct-mapped, 255 4MB entries direct-mapped
    cpu0: smt 0, core 0, package 0

• @OnACloud said:

@Nekki said:

@OnACloud said:

Ok thanks for that.

These are second-hand VPSses, bought by an individual and re-sold by said individual.

It just so happens that said individual has a lot of vpsses.

Thanked by 2WSS OnACloud
  • I can quit at any time!

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • I think there's also a little leeway as I'm not trying to make a profit on these. I got them at a great deal, and I'm passing that deal on. If I was asking $50 for a Christmas Special, well, that'd be dickheaded (but still perfectly acceptable according to terms).

The 3G OVZ is gone.

• WSS said: If I was asking $50 for a Christmas Special, well, that'd be dickheaded

You also have to compete with VirMach's currently available prices, so that also wouldn't make too much sense! In any case, I hope that you can sell a number of them. :-)

One of my New Year's resolutions is to cut back on my VPS habit. Am managing so far, though I sometimes experience (so far mostly minor) withdrawal symptoms!

Thanked by 1WSS
  • WSSWSS Member
    edited February 2017

@angstrom said:
    You also have to compete with VirMach's currently available prices, so that also wouldn't make too much sense! In any case, I hope that you can sell a number of them. :-)

One of my New Year's resolutions is to cut back on my VPS habit. Am managing so far, though I sometimes experience (so far mostly minor) withdrawal symptoms!

Well, yeah. I could still ask whatever I wanted, though. :D

I bought far too many, I admit. I did so to distract myself from what was going on in my life at that time. Cleaning them up, putting fail2ban/sshguard on them, and running updates helped to keep me a little closer to sane- I would argue that it was cheaper than going out and getting drunk, but I'd be a cheap drunk these days, so it probably wasn't. :)

Here's what's left so far:

**OVZ (Dallas)**:
    $12.00  (1G/25GB/750GB)
    $15.00  (1G/30GB/2TB)

**KVM (New York)**:
    $15.00  (1G/20GB/1000G) (2)

Thanked by 3angstrom deadbeef Yura
  • WSS said: I bought far too many, I admit. I did so to distract myself from what was going on in my life at that time. Cleaning them up, putting fail2ban/sshguard on them, and running updates helped to keep me a little closer to sane- I would argue that it was cheaper than going out and getting drunk, but I'd be a cheap drunk these days, so it probably wasn't. :)

There is something about caring for a VPS that is mildly stabilizing, and it's certainly more constructive than getting drunk often, so yes, I definitely understand. :-)

Thanked by 1WSS
  • This is what's left

**OVZ (Dallas)** :
    $12.00  (1G/25GB/750GB)
    $15.00  (1G/30GB/2TB)

**KVM (New York)** :
    $15.00  (1G/20GB/1000G) (1)

• Hi @simonindia - check your private messages. I need you to make an account with VirMach, or to confirm your email address for transfer.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Nearly-New VPS

Have these VPSes been given a 100-point service inspection prior to being listed as Pre-Owned?

Is there a 100,000 mile powertrain warranty?

Is there a virtualfax available that lets us know if these VPSes have been previously reported as totalled?

Do these systems have that "new VPS smell"?

Thanked by 1WSS
  • @raindog308 said:

Nearly-New VPS

Have these VPSes been given a 100-point service inspection prior to being listed as Pre-Owned?

Is there a 100,000 mile powertrain warranty?

Is there a virtualfax available that lets us know if these VPSes have been previously reported as totalled?

Do these systems have that "new VPS smell"?

These VPS have been serviced so well that not even our beloved @Nekki can find anything wrong with them!

They've been given a complete powertrain glance, and are capable of being Rebuilt with the click of a single button at no additional charge!

I'm afraid I can't afford the VirtualFax at these low-low prices, but trust me, they're just as good as new!

They do have a specific odor to them, but I'd call it Black Gold!

• What kernel on #1 Dallas and #1 NY?

• On the KVMs, it can be any kernel you want. I tend to run BSDs on those, but you can install anything that works. For OVZ, it's based on 2.6.32-042stab112.15

• angstrom said: One of my New Year's resolutions is to cut back on my VPS habit. Am managing so far, though I sometimes experience (so far mostly minor) withdrawal symptoms!

Be careful. I cut back on my VPS habit and fat lot of good it did me--I've been buying dedis instead :).

Thanked by 1WSS
  • @WSS said:
    Hi @simonindia - check your private messages. I need you to make an account with VirMach, or to confirm your email address for transfer.

Got the box thankyou and good luck buddy

Thanked by 1WSS