Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free VPS Panel for KVM?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free VPS Panel for KVM?

MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Howdy folks,

What Free VPS panel to manage KVM (no customers, at all, just VPS'es we need) do you recommend?

Comments

• zsh or bash

Thanked by 2varwww MikePT
  • You misspelled that.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • Proxmox?

Thanked by 2MikePT planofam
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@willie said:
    Proxmox?

Indeed, I think that'll be our choice. But...Was looking for suggestions here. I've done several promox installs and it runs pretty well.

I've always added a single IP to proxmox instances, how do you guys add multiple IPs?

• @MikePT said:
    I've always added a single IP to proxmox instances, how do you guys add multiple IPs?

Create multiple interfaces with one ip, or get an ip range and assign it to one interface. The question is not related that much to proxmox. Google "multiple ips on one interface linux" you'll find your answer.

edited February 2017

@Vita said:

@MikePT said:

Create multiple interfaces with one ip, or get an ip range and assign it to one interface. The question is not related that much to proxmox. Google "multiple ips on one interface linux" you'll find your answer.

I'm aware how to add multiple IPs on one interface, just done several Proxmox setups and never had to bound more than a single IP.

Thanks for your help, will definitely go ahead with Proxmox.

Thread can certainly be closed, as Proxmox seems to be the most suitable VPS panel here.

• Your easiest way to accomplish what you are looking for as far as IPs for a single interface would be to use a bridge interface and tie it to your ethernet interface. Set each virtual device with it's own MAC address, and you're in like Flynn.

As mentioned by Vita, this is pretty well documented.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • dependung on how you can assign vmacs you may add the same vmac to multiple IPs. At least OVH/SYS supports that... inside the kvm with a bridged setup you can simply add all those IPs like on a dedicated..

Thanked by 1MikePT

@WSS said:
    Your easiest way to accomplish what you are looking for as far as IPs for a single interface would be to use a bridge interface and tie it to your ethernet interface. Set each virtual device with it's own MAC address, and you're in like Flynn.

As mentioned by Vita, this is pretty well documented.

I've done this config in full except the subnet part, waiting for Hetzner to approve it. As for the rest, I'm using routed mode, I'll need to use the node IP for the gateway. All good now.

@Falzo said:
    dependung on how you can assign vmacs you may add the same vmac to multiple IPs. At least OVH/SYS supports that... inside the kvm with a bridged setup you can simply add all those IPs like on a dedicated..

Thank you for the input, all sorted!

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

ESX?

Thanked by 1gestiondbi