Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Urpad.net Experience
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Urpad.net Experience

ATHKATHK Member
edited February 2013 in Providers

So I've been with urpad.net for almost a year now and I have to tell you so far they are great!

I have around 15-20 vpses with them with minimal down time the support they offer is also great tickets an answered within an hour.

They continually post leb deals the latest being a yearly 1GB for $19 which I nabbed of course they have also been offering some 1Gb ssd deals which are fabulous.

I recommend looking out for them!

Comments

• You seem suspicious! This is your first post ever on LET and you have 15-20 vps with one provider?

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

I've never had 15-20 anything with one provider... Well, except for with myself.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@shovenose said: I've never had 15-20 anything with one provider... Well, except for with myself.

You have 20 VPS with yourself? O.o

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

20 servers. not 20 VPS :)

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

I see.

• @ATHK Thanks for the kind words. Glowingly positive reviews seem to raise suspicion from competitors, do you mind sharing with me (publicly or privately) proof of being a customer?

(A competitor has messaged us alerting us of our 'nice fake review', so I'd like to see if this is real and not someone toying with us)

• @MannDude, why not just search for someone with 15 vpses? lol

• edited February 2013

@curtisg said: @MannDude, why not just search for someone with 15 vpses? lol

We've got thousands of clients and a handful of them have many servers because they resell them to their own customers.

EDIT: So I can't very well just search for someone with 15-20 VPSes and find out who it is.

• ATHKATHK Member
    edited February 2013

Sure thing, And yes I only signed up the other day.

I actually have 15 currently, although I've had numerous vpses (51) apparently, which have lapsed due to clients not paying the bill and therefore me not paying that invoice, which may make me look bad :(

http://i49.tinypic.com/2vnlvro.png

• Haha 43 overdue invoices :o

• It's all good PM @MannDude ....

I detest fluff and fake reviews. So here's to hoping they are valid :)

• "I've never had 15-20 anything with one provider... Well, except for with myself."

Hosting with yourself (scientific term: hosturbation) will make you go blind. :P

• @KernelSanders Yep my administrative skills are bad and I have failed to cancel the hosting before the end period they stay in my account (even if cancelled or terminated due to lack of payment) which is annoying I assume that's WHMCS issue

• @ATHK said: @KernelSanders Yep my administrative skills are bad and I have failed to cancel the hosting before the end period they stay in my account (even if cancelled or terminated due to lack of payment) which is annoying I assume that's WHMCS issue

Ask Urpad to cancel the outstanding invoices?

• Ask Urpad to cancel the outstanding invoices?

Yep honestly never thought of that doesn't bother me too much.

• lol that's a lot of due invoices :P

• Makes me look bad I know :(

• This thread is taking one of those strange turns :)

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@pubcrawler said: This thread is taking one of those strange turns :)

I like it tho :)
    Some providers cancel all your services if you are late on one. I am forgetting (or at least used to) a lot of invoices and that made me persona non grata for some ppl.

@Voss said: Had the same thing happen to me. Learnt my lesson and started using Google Calendar to remind myself that I ought to pay my invoice a day before it is due.

I had an even better solution :) Buy annually from ppl I know. Urpad I consider trustworthy enough so I have annual service with them. It is likely that in one year i wont need the VPS anymore and there will be more providers.
    By the way, those that cancelled my services are no longer in business, at least I dont recall any from the active bunch today. So I guess I got the last laugh :)

• @shovenose said: 20 servers

Sure.

• LeeLee Veteran

URPad Are good, it does what it's supposed to do, I have 2 and very happy with them.

• RobertClarkeRobertClarke Member, Host Rep

That's a lot of VPSs under one provider.

• @RobertJFClarke a few people have mentioned that in this thread, I don't see an issue with it?

Why is it an issue?

I have a few other servers elsewhere one being with Citynethost (complete crap) and another free one with Fortatrust (it's free so far so good)

• NHRoelNHRoel Member
    edited February 2013

@RobertJFClarke Unlike most of the leb providers, Urpad, CVPS, Buyvmm, hostigation etc are pretty huge with a lot of nodes. It is not impossible. Also if your clients are reselling, the number should grow quick.

• LeeLee Veteran

URPad has what 7 locations? If they are spread out it's not much.

• @W1V_Lee said: URPad has what 7 locations? If they are spread out it's not much.

Let's see...

Los Angeles, California; Chicago, Illinois; Dallas, TX; Kansas City, Missouri; Buffalo, NY; New York, NY; Seattle Washington; Luxembourg, EU; Maidenhead, UK; and Hafnarfjordur, Iceland

Not to mention we are planning more non-US locations and have been throwing around the idea of another US location. =]

• LeeLee Veteran

Forget the US, it's saturated, more EU locations are where it's at.

Germany, Netherlands, Sweden and maybe Italy. That's where you should be looking.

Just a suggestion but the first 3 options would be my preferred choice.

No pressure, just saying...

Want me to get you some DC brochures for them? :)

• Be nice to see more Australian LEB's but our bandwidth cost is stupidly high..

@W1V_Lee said: maybe Italy

Erf, here goes our monopoly :(