Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Domain Transfer Question
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Domain Transfer Question

YmpkerYmpker Member
edited February 2017 in General

Can be closed

Comments

• That sounds normal. You could change the contact information (to the other person) prior to transferring the domain out but I wouldn't recommend it because some registrars will enforce a 60 day transfer lock after contact information is updated.

In this case I would suggest that you transfer the domain and the other person can then update the owner/contact information.

Note that some registrars are really picky and won't even accept a transfer if the incoming domain doesn't match the owner on the account. I believe I found that out while dealing with register.it a while back.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @goinsj2010 said:
    That sounds normal. You could change the contact information (to the other person) prior to transferring the domain out but I wouldn't recommend it because some registrars will enforce a 60 day transfer lock after contact information is updated.

In this case I would suggest that you transfer the domain and the other person can then update the owner/contact information.

Note that some registrars are really picky and won't even accept a transfer if the incoming domain doesn't match the owner on the account. I believe I found that out while dealing with register.it a while back.

Thanks :) Will confirm it now then. I mean it is a friend of mine I am transferring the domain/project to so he will update contact info without fail. Was just making sure it will work out^^

• Its ok, he can edit the info later.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Ympker said: I mean it is a friend of mine I am transferring the domain/project to so he will update contact info without fail.

Since you know the person I'm sure it won't be a problem.

Even in the worst case if you transfer a domain and the person refuses to update the contact information you could just wait until the WHOIS confirmation email arrives (sent at least once a year) and refuse to confirm the information. In that case the domain would eventually be revoked. :)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @Jorbox said:
    Its ok, he can edit the info later.
    @goinsj2010 said:

Ympker said: I mean it is a friend of mine I am transferring the domain/project to so he will update contact info without fail.

Since you know the person I'm sure it won't be a problem.

Even in the worst case if you transfer a domain and the person refuses to update the contact information you could just wait until the WHOIS confirmation email arrives (sent at least once a year) and refuse to confirm the information. In that case the domain would eventually be revoked. :)

Thanks guys :)