Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Avoid CycloneServers at all costs!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Avoid CycloneServers at all costs!

Hi, I'm not a forum person at all. Neither a reviewer, but this truly enfuriated me and boy it takes a lot to do that.
So I ordered a vps "service" from this ilegitimate website and just as soon as the payment was fullfilled a dude from support chat said they did not have the space available. I ordered a 100gb hd and they only could provide 20gb! OK they asked if it was OK if they provided the rest in no more than 3 days. I accepted (ikr?) and not only they exceeded the 3 days limit but also when I asked for a refund they terminated my account stating it's against the TOS and they can terminate the account in case you ask for one.
Crazy right? So basically they say, if we rob you, you're on our rights not to call the police.
And they even threatened me by saying they were going to report this to other companies.

Right...

So yeah, you guys better stay far from this thieves.

PS.: The least that I could try the service was pretty awful, really slow. Maybe they actually saved me a lot of time.

Comments

• First post bashing a provider...
    Beside that, if what you say is true, it is really shady. But, as a noobie, you have to prove what you say by uploading the tickets to their support, backing up your claims.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • watssonwatsson Member
    edited January 2017

@jvnadr said:
    First post bashing a provider...
    Beside that, if what you say is true, it is really shady. But, as a noobie, you have to prove what you say by uploading the tickets to their support, backing up your claims.

Sure here's the chat transcript from the support dude:

Chat on clients.cycloneservers.net

Conversation started on : Wednesday, January 25, 2017, at 21:31 (GMT+0)
    [22:06] CycloneServers has joined the conversation
    [22:06] CycloneServers: Hello you just bought a VDS?
    [22:06] V1485379907141701: Hello, yes i did
    [22:07] CycloneServers: We don’t have enough disk space at this time to fill your order we can provision the server with the space we have and then upgrade you when more space is free?
    [22:08] V1485379907141701: how much space do you have now and how long would it take you to upgrade?
    [22:08] V1485379907141701: just an estimate time ofc
    [22:10] CycloneServers: we don’t have a eta but 3 days max we have 25GB on the server node
    [22:10] V1485379907141701: okay then if it is not more than 3 days
    [22:18] CycloneServers has left the conversation

Heres when I sent the refund request:

Your message regarding the purchase you made on 25 January 2017 for $xx.xx USD has been sent to Cyclone Servers. Please allow time for your seller to respond.

And here's when they terminate my account:

Cyclone Servers

Termination - Cyclone Servers Hello, *************** (SLC) This is to let you know that the following services for your account VDS Special has been terminated. Thanks for Choosing Cyclone Servers visit our website |
    29 ene. <------

• Pretty shady indeed. It even looks like some bad joke.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited January 2017

I formatted the chat transcript to make it more readable.

• How did you sent the refund request? Looking at the refund request, it looks like it was a PayPal dispute? (Please correct me if I'm wrong!)

• MSPNickMSPNick Member
    edited January 2017

Normally if you send in a PayPal dispute, companies refuse to let you use there services - Just as an FYI.

The hopes of getting a refund is now, in PayPal's hands

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • Thanked by 1ad0
  • I asked for a refund using paypal for a service they didn't provide I don't see whats wrong with that :S

• I dont get it. He had a resolution. Then demanded a refund through a paypal dispute because it took to long and then is confused why he isnt getting the service anymore?

I get asking for a refund if the resolution takes too long, but first: do it by asking the hoster first instead of running to a paypal dispute first thing. Second: why are you confused that they terminated your service? You in the end didnt pay anything after you get your money back from paypal. No money = no service.

Thanked by 1Falco33
  • Well actually they did not agree to a refund at all. And they even terminated the service.
    That's why it looks like a bad joke.

• mfsmfs Banned, Member

You should always seek for a direct reply from them first, failing that you'll move to paypal (and from that moment on the provider may terminate your account/refuse any further dialogue with you)

You said "ok, let's wait for three days" and after three days you have filed a refund request @ paypal. You should have contacted again your provider and asked them for either a refund or for the services you paid for. Then, if they failed to reply in a reasonable time or to issue a refund or or to give what you have paid for, you could have asked paypal for a refund.

Now you can only wait for paypal doing their magics; don't expect any further collaboration from your provider obviously.

• That's not the way I see it. If I'm already waiting on something you should have done 3 days before, and you still dont do it. I'm in all my rights to demand a direct refund and that's it. I was not going to wait more than 3 days and they knew that.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited January 2017

Regardless of what you consider justified or appropriate, it is good advice to tell you that you should contact a host and ask for a refund before filing a PayPal dispute. You see it as merely a refund request. They see it as being accused of fraud, and that carries a particular risk for them if too many people report them for the same.

You'll note that in the dispute none of the options for a reason that you have to choose from are appropriate for the situation, given that you agreed to accept less on the product side at order. The further agreement between you and them is one that you should speak to them about directly.

Thanked by 1WSS
  • mfsmfs Banned, Member

You didn't ask for a direct refund, you filed a paypal dispute. You were the one who accepted to wait three days and you don't know if they would have refunded you immediately after the three days. You don't know if they would have refunded you immediately if you said three days ago that you weren't willing to wait any further.

You have all the rights to call in paypal, they have all the rights to terminate your account if you involve paypal directly (since you anyway won't be a customer any more); plus you didn't have any running services to start with. You're the one who chose the paypal dispute.

• Maybe you're right but it doesn't take away the fact that they did not deliver not once but twice what they said they'd provide. And besides that, at the time they terminated the service it was just a dispute and not a claim so it was up to them to make it right and they decided not to.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2017

Wants service, contacts host.

Wants support, contacts host.

Decides he/she wants a refund, contacts paypal.

Which one of these is the odd one out ^^

I kind of understand it, some people have no idea how things work, perhaps the OP thought this was actually the appropriate channel to do so, like most people I assume he/she did not bother reading the terms of service and refunds policy for the host.

As a host, I don't want customers who run to their bank/card issuer/paypal first as soon as they feel something is not what they want.

So regardless of what you think is right or wrong a lot of hosts will not give you service at all now as you are probably going to be flagged on maxmid and fraud record for doing this.

I think you probably already know 90% of this and used your words carefully so as to seem like you did nothing wrong, if I am wrong then fair enough, you know now.

Thanked by 2jar netomx
  • Paypal dispute IS NOT A REFUND REQUEST

• @AnthonySmith said:
    Wants service, contacts host.

Wants support, contacts host.

Decides he/she wants a refund, contacts paypal.

Which one of these is the odd one out ^^

I kind of understand it, some people have no idea how things work, perhaps the OP thought this was actually the appropriate channel to do so, like most people I assume he/she did not bother reading the terms of service and refunds policy for the host.

As a host, I don't want customers who run to their bank/card issuer/paypal first as soon as they feel something is not what they want.

So regardless of what you think is right or wrong a lot of hosts will not give you service at all now as you are probably going to be flagged on maxmid and fraud record for doing this.

I think you probably already know 90% of this and used your words carefully so as to seem like you did nothing wrong, if I am wrong then fair enough, you know now.

And it's going to be up to me to decide not to chose dodgy hosters like yourself.

• WSSWSS Member
    edited January 2017

As everyone else said- you pulled a dick move.

Yes, I agree that you weren't getting the service you paid for, but they told you ahead of time that they weren't able to offer it immediately. If you were not OK with waiting a few days, and then contacting them again if it was not ready, you should have immediately asked for a refund. By filing a dispute before saying "Hey, where's this thing you promised me?" was detrimental to both your hosting, and their service.

If you choose to close the dispute after resolving this with the host directly, I'm sure you'll both be happier- even if they just refund your money and you end up elsewhere.

• watsson said: when I sent the refund request:

watsson said: Well actually they did not agree to a refund at all.

Those two comments are at odds to each other. I dont understand.

Otherwise, others have said similar things already. Talk to the hoster first. Paypal disputes carry heavy costs to the seller. (I love paypal as a customer, but as a seller Id never use it, far too customer friendly to where they dont even ask for proof from customer side most often)

• @WSS said:
    As everyone else said- you pulled a dick move.

Yes, I agree that you weren't getting the service you paid for, but they told you ahead of time that they weren't able to offer it immediately. If you were not OK with waiting a few days, and then contacting them again if it was not ready, you should have immediately asked for a refund. By filing a dispute before saying "Hey, where's this thing you promised me?" was detrimental to both your hosting, and their service.

If you choose to close the dispute after resolving this with the host directly, I'm sure you'll both be happier- even if they just refund your money and you end up elsewhere.

No. Please read again.
    I did not agree on waiting a few days, just 3. And they put the 3 days mark.

• SSDBlazeSSDBlaze Member, Host Rep

You should have contacted the host saying that it has been 3 days and you want the disk upgraded. Then they would have either delivered or told you that they still cannot do the upgrade. THEN you can ask the host directly for a refund, and if they won't refund, you proceed to the dispute.

Often time hosts state in their ToS that if you open a dispute, your service will be terminated immediately without refund.

• @MagicalTrain said:

watsson said: when I sent the refund request:

Otherwise, others have said similar things already. Talk to the hoster first. Paypal disputes carry heavy costs to the seller. (I love paypal as a customer, but as a seller Id never use it, far too customer friendly to where they dont even ask for proof from customer side most often)

Logs are pretty clear mate. I'm not hiding anything and the evidence is there for everyone to see.

• WSSWSS Member

@watsson said:

No. Please read again.
    I did not agree on waiting a few days, just 3. And they put the 3 days mark.

I am quite capable of reading a paragraph, thank you. At the 3 day mark, you opened a refund/dispute request without even contacting them first. You harmed both them, and yourself by doing so. I agree that in a perfect world it would have been ready at 00:00:01, but it doesn't usually work out that way- especially when you are pinching pennies and going with a cheap service.

I had to wait 5 days for a Kimsufi server with NO notice on how long it'd take. The first time this happened, I sent an email, and two days later, it was provisioned. That's just how it works. If you need something instantly, pay for it. If it isn't provisioned within the hour- then approach them for a fix or your money back.

• @watsson said:

@MagicalTrain said:

watsson said: when I sent the refund request:

Logs are pretty clear mate. I'm not hiding anything and the evidence is there for everyone to see.

And? What you say is still at odds to each other. You said 1: I did not agree to that refund 2: I did agree to that refund.

Choose.

And again: yeah the hoster was late and might have warranted a refund request, but not a fucking paypal dispute. Talk to the other person and ask them to deliver or refund. If they dont refund, then go to paypal.

• mfsmfs Banned, Member
    edited January 2017

@watsson everyone in this thread is telling you that you cannot blame your provider for their choice to terminate your account. If everyone is telling you this, maybe - maybe - you should consider that some expectations on yours side were wrong.
    Logs are pretty clear, but we are reading something you still don't read. Next time you ask for a refund make sure you really ask it directly to your service provider before involving paypal.

• @watsson said:

And it's going to be up to me to decide not to chose dodgy hosters like yourself.

And now we all know why you did a refund request through PayPal, you're an absolute idiot.

• WSSWSS Member
    edited January 2017

An it harm no one, host as ye will.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

watsson said: And it's going to be up to me to decide not to chose dodgy hosters like yourself.

:) ok then, stamp away.