Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RAM: 4GB (+2GB vSwap); CPU: 4 Cores; Disk: 200GB; Bandwidth: 4TB; $7/month - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

RAM: 4GB (+2GB vSwap); CPU: 4 Cores; Disk: 200GB; Bandwidth: 4TB; $7/month

Comments

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

@pubcrawler shouldn't be hard to figure out given my speed test link (you can get IPs from that) and given what the link I just posted goes to...

JUST ONE LEFT!!!

• so its Intel Core i5-3570S this is what i was asking so u dont give 4 cores to client dedicated its shared on all clients per node intersting how much clients u have on node
    simple math the cost of the server $60 u sell 1 vps for $7 so 7 X 9 = $63 min you need host 9 clients to get some profit of 3 dollars intersting

@shovenose said: the CPU type is in the thread if you would have taken the time to read it.

I don't have time for people to accuse me of overselling and making a fuss about it.

if you want a 4GB RAM + 2GB vSwap VPS for $7 then order it; otherwise stay out of this thread.

Anyway the node is a http://www.ovh.com/us/dedicated-servers/sp_16g.xml HOWEVER I will be getting a second VPS node soon and will be moving anybody who is having poor performance.

• Yeah, I can sleuth all day :)

See you mentioned OVH at same time I posted. We'll see how this offer goes over the sidelines.

@dosserversca Are you kidding me? Do you expect dedicated cores at this price?
    Wow! You've really taken idiocy to the next level!
    And learn how to spell it's obnoxious reading you're l33tsp3@k.

Two left now, one person opened a ticket that they can't pay.

• Well I got one, we'll see how it operates!

• @shovenose said: Are you kidding me? Do you expect dedicated cores at this price?

Wow! You've really taken idiocy to the next level!
    And learn how to spell it's obnoxious reading you're l33tsp3@k.

So how i understand everything is shared? the HDD the RAM the CPU the port speed?
    you write only that the port speed is shared
    if you claim that you offer shared CPU so u offer shared RAM also?

lolwut? We guarantee RAM you get what you pay for. Did you find a way to use 4GB RAM+2GB vSwap without abusing CPU or disk or anything else? sure, go ahead. now GTFO my thread.

• wget freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh -O - -o /dev/null|bash

CPU model : Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570S CPU @ 3.10GHz
    Number of cores : 4
    CPU frequency : 3092.929 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 4096 MB
    Total amount of swap : 2048 MB
    System uptime : 9 min,
    Download speed from CacheFly: 6.22MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Atlanta GA: 8.25MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Dallas, TX: 9.86MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 5.91MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, London, UK: 3.70MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 8.01MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 3.33MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 8.40MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 7.71MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 10.6MB/s
    I/O speed : 79.2 MB/s

Not bad, no complaints yet

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited February 2013

@dosserversca said: if you claim that you offer shared CPU so u offer shared RAM also?

All this coming from a guy who sells 1GB RAM for $5/m on a 16GB node just like everyone else around here does and should, because if you're not overselling on OpenVZ you're doing it wrong.

I second the "gtfo" part. You're just in here heckling him in his offer thread for industry standard practices. If you don't oversell yourself, you're either losing money or you're in the worst datacenter in history.

• Two left now, one person opened a ticket that they can't pay.

I did order but too bad I can't pay at this time.
    Great offer BTW.

@Noer: sorry about that; I just can't reserve an offer like this for a week. If you want to open a ticket when you have funds I may be able to works something out for you :)

• Big disk, lots of ram; I'll give it shot for a month...

• NoermanNoerman Member
    edited February 2013

@shovenose said: @Noer: sorry about that; I just can't reserve an offer like this for a week. If you want to open a ticket when you have funds I may be able to works something out for you :)

Thanks. That idea come up on my mind too.

@Noerman sorry I might have been a bit... rude? short? snappy? in the ticket... I'd be more than happy to host you but there was A LOT going on :)

Second node on it's way :)
    Thank you for placing an order with Datashack. We will update you once the order has been processed.

THREE MORE SPOTS opened :)

• You should order from Wholesale @shovenose.

And, you better determine where the Datashack server is going to be provisioned. If in Oak Tower or their remote new facility. Remote facility is unstaffed and they have to often send a human across town for issues.

edited February 2013

AFAIK the server I ordered is in Oak Tower.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Get your IP justification ready ;)

• I bet you weren't expecting this much attention :P

@jarland yeah I've got servers from them before.

edited February 2013

@Ishaq certainly not. But it's good!

• @shovenose said: @Ishaq certainly not. But it's good!

Of course. Always nice to know you have customers ;)

• @shovenose Apparently my VPS is set up, but I've no welcome email or login details?

• DS aren't strict on IPs, but then they go in panic mode when they have no IPs left.

@Nekki what's your hostname?

@Nekki even better open a ticket I can't monitor this thread so easily. Thanks

• Promo code used up?