Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone using virtualizor or solusvm [General]
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone using virtualizor or solusvm [General]

BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

Hello folks,

Long time, so I'm planning on doing SaaS like virtkick for my panel, this is built on Laravel 5.2 and Lumen 5.2, now point is I'm not compromising on uptime so would like to go with AWS instead for this project. Any big providers out there you know like 1000~ vps ++, how large has your DB grown? well static tables aside, VPS statistics, Node statistics which enter into tables as fequently as multiple entries a min or 5m span are sure to eat the storage for DB space. So I'd really love to know how far has it gone like approx

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

I'll be 100% honest with you. Anyone with 1000+ vm's isn't going to be opting into a SAAS option unless they're forced.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:
    I'll be 100% honest with you. Anyone with 1000+ vm's isn't going to be opting into a SAAS option unless they're forced.

Francisco

He still has to consider a worst case scenario.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@Francisco said:

Francisco

True, but I just want to know about how big it gets. I'n the end if its too much to handle I'll have to license it out anyway. But in general if I myself would prefer AWS to hold my horses for my own company I need a heads up.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2017

BharatB said: Any big providers out there you know like 1000~ vps ++, how large has your DB grown?

562.3 MB, 2582 vps on that master, would never be interested in SaaS, even virtkick before they sold out offered to allow me to be self hosted.

@AnthonySmith said:

BharatB said: Any big providers out there you know like 1000~ vps ++, how large has your DB grown?

562.3 MB, 2582 vps on that master.

Over a period of?

BharatB said: Over a period of?

what?

@AnthonySmith said:

BharatB said: Over a period of?

what?

How long has that master been running I meant

Oh right, erm that one would be 5 years I guess best guess, but that really has no reflection on the growth spurts, i.e. you cant assume 0.8 new records per day, some weeks there will be zero, sometimes 80 in an hour.

Depends what I am doing and what I am pushing/stocking.

Thanked by 1BharatB