Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHMCS - Move away
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHMCS - Move away

long time lurker....

I have a reseller hosting package with HostGator since 3 years. Its decent. However, many of my clients have moved away. Most of the remaining accounts are for friends/ family. Just a handful of paying clients are remaining.

HostGator included a WHMCS license with its reseller package. So, I was using that to keep a track of all the accounts.

I do not want to continue with HostGator any more. I am looking for an alternative to WHMCS (free if possible) which can import WHMCS data and allow me to continue the basic functionalities.

Thanks!

Comments

• A good alternative would be probably Blesta/Clientexec honestly. I'm sure @LicenseCart would give you a good price on the Blesta license.

• Is there any reason you're wanting to move from WHMCS too? There's plenty of other providers out there who include WHMCS in their reseller packages.

• @WSCallum said:
    Is there any reason you're wanting to move from WHMCS too? There's plenty of other providers out there who include WHMCS in their reseller packages.

if I can keep WHMCS it will be great. I just have a handful sites now and am not sure if I really need to use a paid billing solution like WHMCS.

Not sure if any shared hosting providers include WHMCS...

• @NickPerk said:
    A good alternative would be probably Blesta/Clientexec honestly. I'm sure @LicenseCart would give you a good price on the Blesta license.

Since its very few clients, I am not sure if I want to have an additional burden of a paid software...

• How much does whmcs actually cost in those low volume situations? Just wondering.

I see BillManager is free up to 50 clients but I don't know anything about it. At my old place we wrote our own and it wasn't that complex.

• @willie said:
    How much does whmcs actually cost in those low volume situations? Just wondering.

I see BillManager is free up to 50 clients but I don't know anything about it. At my old place we wrote our own and it wasn't that complex.

Minimum I see is for 250 clients on WHMCS. I dont have that many and seems like an overkill. Just a few domain registrations, a few hosting renewals. thats all.

• If it's just a handful I'd probably do it with no automation beyond an appointment calendar with reminders, and a text file or spreadsheet to track who has what.

There might also be some Drupal modules for this type of thing. They exist for almost everything.

• You're better off working a bit more to get some clients.

I've used Blesta and it was utter shit compared to WHMCS.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@hypertoast said:

@WSCallum said:
    Is there any reason you're wanting to move from WHMCS too? There's plenty of other providers out there who include WHMCS in their reseller packages.

if I can keep WHMCS it will be great. I just have a handful sites now and am not sure if I really need to use a paid billing solution like WHMCS.

Not sure if any shared hosting providers include WHMCS...

It's not about a number of Clients but about the functionality you need.

• @NickPerk said:
    A good alternative would be probably Blesta/Clientexec honestly. I'm sure @LicenseCart would give you a good price on the Blesta license.

@LicenseCart is awesome to deal with :) Blesta is awesome too! Go for it :P

Thanked by 1NickPerk
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@hypertoast said:

@NickPerk said:

Since its very few clients, I am not sure if I want to have an additional burden of a paid software...

I wonder if just using PayPal invoices and subscriptions might be enough for you then.