Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a Windows Tablet
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a Windows Tablet

YmpkerYmpker Member
edited January 2017 in General

For Uni :)
Should have big screen so about 12" . Price range up to ~1000€

Will need to support keyboard ofc as I will also be coding on it.
Currently looking at Microsoft Surface Pro 4, Samsung Pro S (I dont like their usb c only though :/ ) l, Lenovo Miix 510 12".

Any other ideas?
Should have good processor too for rendering/image editing etc

Comments

• Get a Microsoft Surface, they're good.

• @BlazeMuis said:
    Get a Microsoft Surface, they're good.

It is currently my favo too. I dont like how samsung tab pro s only offers usb c and Lenovo has a better single core cpu i7 6500U but their fan starts at 39°C and is supposedly very annoying and loud. You think the m3 processor of surface wjll do? Would pref that as it has no built in fan so definitely no extra noise whereas the i5/i7 of surface has a fan.

• I was looking for something very similar quite recently. The problem was all the "tablet - laptop" convertible things always compromised on something. I ended up settling for the yoga 710, as it's fast enough, can fold back to be a tablet and is just the right size for me.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • user123user123 Member
    edited January 2017

I've been interested in a Microsoft Surface for a while, but damn, they're expensive :/

Anyone want to sell me their Surface Pro 4 for $7?

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @Dextronox said:
    I was looking for something very similar quite recently. The problem was all the "tablet - laptop" convertible things always compromised on something. I ended up settling for the yoga 710, as it's fast enough, can fold back to be a tablet and is just the right size for me.

Yeah right? They always seem to lack smth ;/

• @Ympker said:

@Dextronox said:
    I was looking for something very similar quite recently. The problem was all the "tablet - laptop" convertible things always compromised on something. I ended up settling for the yoga 710, as it's fast enough, can fold back to be a tablet and is just the right size for me.

I said compromise, not lack. The keyboards, for example, on the convertibles aren't as sturdy as normal laptops, which is something that bugged me. Also the price for 2in1s is far steeper than your similarly spec'ed laptop, at least in Australia anyway.

• @Dextronox said:

@Ympker said:

@Dextronox said:

I said compromise, not lack. The keyboards, for example, on the convertibles aren't as sturdy as normal laptops, which is something that bugged me. Also the price for 2in1s is far steeper than your similarly spec'ed laptop, at least in Australia anyway.

Well yeah the pricing is a bit over the top for sure^^

• you are planning to colo your tablet?

• ^ No?

• What about the surface book?

• @ethancedrik said:
    What about the surface book?

I think it is even more expensive if I recall correctly right?

• VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep

Sounds like the Surface is what you need. It'll be perfect to take into uni, as it's so portable, and the keyboard seems to get good reviews so it won't let you down when you need to code. Fits into your budget, seems like a no-brainer.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • If you're planning to do image editing you might be better off with a laptop with a discrete GPU. A €1000 budget should get you something powerful with a decent sized screen. But yes, the tablet might be easier to lug around between classes. I had a ThinkPad in uni and it was back-breaking.

Thanked by 1Ympker