Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Announcing Support Difficulties - The right way
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Announcing Support Difficulties - The right way

So I've just logged into my Webhosting Providers Dashboard and saw this pinned to the top:

Dear all

We are currently experiencing an incredibly high volume of support tickets.

As such we are working through a very large backlog and replies may be much slower than you are used to.

Please bear with us while we work through the lists - all tickets will be answered as soon as possible.

We do ask that if your ticket is not urgent that you consider waiting until later to allow us a chance to respond to the current backlog.

Thank you for your understanding and apologies for any inconvenience.

Given they usually respond within ~30 mins with an actual solution I am more than happy to see them communicate their concerns with the customers and I did hold back some tickets I was gonna open because they are really not that urgent and well just gotta give props to their awesome team ;) It's that moment when you feel like you and the provider are a team rather than just provider and client.
That being said Id like to see this sorta behaviour from more providers! We need this!

Comments

• Yes, one also has to be a good customer for the relationship to work. It takes two to tango.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep

If not secret - what provider this is?

• @time4vps said:
    If not secret - what provider this is?

It is no secret I was just not gonna post it so people won't judge it as "schilling".
    I have pmed you the providers name :-)

• If it were me I'd just ask for any non urgent issues to be raised with a "low" priority then they can respond when they get around to it.

Then again that assumes people use the priority system properly which most people seem to fail at.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

More than anything this just makes me sad about the level of support that has become so common that this is considered impressive. That support has become so bad in our industry that showing an ounce of humanity makes you stand out so much... that's not a good thing.

• @jarland said:
    More than anything this just makes me sad about the level of support that has become so common that this is considered impressive. That support has become so bad in our industry that showing an ounce of humanity makes you stand out so much... that's not a good thing.

For the price I pay and what Ive experienced so far it is indeed good^^
    To what extent "support" is going today is another story for sure :P