Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VMBox Promo in LEB: VMBox.co – 2GB OVZ w/ 2 Free Wildcard SSL @ $5/m
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VMBox Promo in LEB: VMBox.co – 2GB OVZ w/ 2 Free Wildcard SSL @ $5/m

Comments

• J1021J1021 Member
    edited December 2016

This is most blatant shilling I've seen, ever.

Thanked by 3Hassan doghouch GCat
  • Then again, why arent LEB deals also posted on LET if they fit the price range?

@jbiloh

• StevenNStevenN Member, Host Rep

@kcaj said:
    This is most blatant shilling I've seen, ever.

I don't know him.

Thanked by 1yomero
  • TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited December 2016

Thanks to whatever asshole has decided to DDOS the shit out of their NL location, now please go jump off a cliff! Ever since @VMbox posted at 8:45PM EST its been on-going it seems. Would be lovely if you stopped, whoever it is.

50.0% 73 96.8 96.8 24.3 227.4 33.8

55.2% 135 98.3 96.6 24.3 227.4 26.9

But to be honest @VMBox, it would have been smart to make sure your looking glass was on a separate vlan you can null so it won't effect your customers, but that doesn't look to be the case here.

:(

• StevenNStevenN Member, Host Rep

@TheLinuxBug said:
    Thanks to whatever asshole has decided to DDOS the shit out of their NL location, now please go jump off a cliff! Ever since @VMbox posted at 8:45PM EST its been on-going it seems. Would be lovely if you stopped, whoever it is.

50.0% 73 96.8 96.8 24.3 227.4 33.8

55.2% 135 98.3 96.6 24.3 227.4 26.9

But to be honest @VMBox, it would have been smart to make sure your looking glass was on a separate vlan you can null so it won't effect your customers, but that doesn't look to be the case here.

:(

Couple of issues overnight, a ddos that was mitigated then SingleHop techs messed up our vlan in AMS when adding new nodes and a couple thousand IP's were inaccessible for a couple hours. We logged a ticket at 2:20am and it had to be escalated to director of net ops who was on call. Sorry for any inconvenience.

• @teamacc said:
    Then again, why arent LEB deals also posted on LET if they fit the price range?

@jbiloh

I just wish @jbiloh would do proper tags for LEB posts. The tag search for KVM/Openvz and others don't matter if all the new posts aren't going to be tagged.

For example, the only tag on the vpsRus.com post was "vpsRus.com".

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@HackedServer said:

@teamacc said:
    Then again, why arent LEB deals also posted on LET if they fit the price range?

@jbiloh

I just wish @jbiloh would do proper tags for LEB posts. The tag search for KVM/Openvz and others don't matter if all the new posts aren't going to be tagged.

For example, the only tag on the vpsRus.com post was "vpsRus.com".

What sort of tags do you suggest? Always willing to make enhancements to the posts. :)

Thanked by 1HackedServer
  • jbiloh said: What sort of tags do you suggest? Always willing to make enhancements to the posts. :)

Just the tags that are on top of LEB homepage, personally I care about location and virtualization so you can search via tags.

Like this old post:
    https://lowendbox.com/blog/servercheap-1gb-ram-50gb-ssd-openvz-1-99month-chicago-il/

It has a bunch of tags that people might search for.

• jbiloh said: What sort of tags do you suggest? Always willing to make enhancements to the posts. :)

I'm liking all the new tags, payment methods was a good idea.

In this particular case I'd probably also add openvz, usa, eu, ddos protected, ssd-c, ssl, multiple ip tags, which would allow visitors to navigate through the website with more flexible ways like this https://lowendbox.com/tag/ssd+usa+kvm/ (with the use of + symbol).

• WildcareSSL

Thanked by 1TheLinuxBug