Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LET WAF Rules
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LET WAF Rules

SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

Seriously, can someone take a look at the rules in place? Perhaps make them more applicable?

I spent no less than an hour trying to figure out what was triggering the rules today in a simple post.

Is Vanilla that exploitable that we need to go to the extremes of preventing legitimate and valid posts?

In-case someone out there hasn't seen the WAF page it's:

Comments

• Yeah, um, here's the thing: Literally no one can post code snippets for example because the WAF thinks a wget command = hax. If you want to post SQL/code/etc, you need to use an external paste service.

• sinsin Member

Yeah the rules are pretty annoying...there's so many times I have tried to post code to help someone out only to have the cloudflare window show up and block me. I couldn't even post a simple nginx config.

• dedicadosdedicados Member
    edited January 2017

rules are simple: just don't do shit.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

dedicados said: rules are simple: just dont can't do shit.

Fixed that for you

Thanked by 3GCat dedicados doghouch
  • @SplitIce said:
    Seriously, can someone take a look at the rules in place? Perhaps make them more applicable?

I spent no less than an hour trying to figure out what was triggering the rules today in a simple post.

Is Vanilla that exploitable that we need to go to the extremes of preventing legitimate and valid posts?

In-case someone out there hasn't seen the WAF page it's:

You can post the code via/ the mail IP of LET

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited January 2017

Realistically 1-3 people are taking issue with this on a monthly basis. I get the annoyance but you know it's there for a reason and it's obviously not stopping people from interacting with the community on any large scale. I can't actually think of anything we've ever done that has pissed off so few people, perspective is key ;)

Thanked by 1GCat
  • WSSWSS Member

I've stopped posting useful code, because I get blocked every time I try- so instead, I offer echo shell_exec() snippits.

Thanked by 1mikho