Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bandwidth/Routing between 2 DC Clarification
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Bandwidth/Routing between 2 DC Clarification

TomzTomz Member
edited January 2017 in General

Hi,

I need some clarification regarding bandwidth quality between 2 DC

****Example : ** : **

DC A use Bad Transit/routing/peering or Bandwidth overloaded name it like you want

DC B use Premium Transit i mean Premium Bandwidth High quality

Now the Data it's on DC A.

DC B Download from DC A mean DC A Sending to DC B

The Data will be received in DC B will have packet lost & other problem or not ?

mean depend of the bandwidth & routing of DC B or DC A mean the one who is sending or receiving ?

Thank you

Comments

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

No. You will probably have problem if the transit of DCA is really bullshit an so problematic

Thanked by 1Tomz
  • @davidgestiondbi said:
    No. You will probably have problem if the transit of DCA is really bullshit an so problematic

What if we inverse the role ? mean DC A is the premium & DC B is the overloaded ?

same result ? dont think so.. ?

• Your best result will be the worst connection, you cant push more than the limit of the bad connection.

So, in any direction, there will be problems.

Thanked by 1gestiondbi
  • If the overload dc only use singlehomed connection it will be problems, if it's multi homed there is smaller chance all of the upstreams overloaded

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

@dedicados said:
    Your best result will be the worst connection, you cant push more than the limit of the bad connection.

So, in any direction, there will be problems.

Unless the DC as a "QoS" or route optimisation for upload or download... I really doubt this.

But without a copy of the config of their router + having detail on the provider, there is no way to confirm this. But pretty sure you will have problem in both way.

Thanked by 1dedicados