Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which dedicated server provider do you recommend?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Which dedicated server provider do you recommend?

In my previous thread for a dedicated server requests, I got lots of offers and suggestions. There are few with even better hardware matching my budget range. I have shortlisted few of them. Would like to hear others experience with the providers before I go ahead.

Planning to place order in a day or two. Can give a detailed review of the provider I choose, say after a month of usage.

Here are the shortlisted providers with server specs in alphabetical order of name. Not quoting the price as some are offered via PM.

Clouvider - London (https://www.clouvider.co.uk)
E3 1270v5, 32GB DDR4, 2x1TB, 10TB, /28 IPv4

SSDBlaze - Dallas (https://ssdblaze.com)
E3 1271v2, 32GB, 2x1TB, 5TB, /28 IPv4, IPv6 Support (added soon)

Virmach - Multiple locations in US (https://virmach.com)
E3 1240v2, 32GB, 2x1TB, 10TB, /28 IPv4

Zare - London (https://zare.com)
E3-1240v5, 32GB DDR4, 2x1TB, 10TB, /28 IPv4

Dedicated provider recommendation
  1. Which provider among below do you recommend?42 votes
    1. Clouvider
      54.76%
    2. SSD Blaze
      11.90%
    3. Virmach
      11.90%
    4. Zare
      21.43%

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited January 2017

I've never used any, but Dom is such a class act here that Clouvider strikes me as an instant pick in this list. So I voted anyway ;)

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • I personally use zare and can tell you from day one they have been the most helpful out of any other provider I contacted, I have the owner now personally on skype and he is always there to help me when needed, they are a little cheaper than a few you mentioned but don't let that fool you into thinking they are a cheap non-reliable host, they have an amazing network and even when they did have a problem with their network once they fixed it within the hour and have since made sure to add even more redundancy so it does not happen again.

Their network is amazing as well and they are even expanding their London location as well currently and investing a lot of money.

Personally I had to choice between zare and clouvider, however, zare were my choice for several reasons the main one being the in-house DDoS protection and the fact that their network capacity is far larger.

So in short my advice goes with @zare

Thanked by 1Zare
  • I've heard good things about Clouvider, he seems like a nice guy as well, looking at his posts.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • For EU/UK, I would go with Clouvider
    For US, SSDblaze or Virmach (if Dallas doesnt work for you).

This is based on my perception and interaction with the providers here.

Thanked by 2Clouvider SSDBlaze
  • tcvlydiatcvlydia Member
    edited January 2017

For me Wholesale Internet. But Virmach is a good provider too I think.

• quadhostquadhost Member
    edited January 2017

Clouvider > Zare, they are leagues apart.

Much better network blend, actually owned/operated in house, more DDoS protection platforms available.

when they did have a problem with their network once they fixed it within the hour

Can you connect to Softlayer now?

• ExonHostExonHost Member, Host Rep

Started using clouvider from last 2month. Till now everything is good. So voted clouvider.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • @quadhost said:
    Clouvider > Zare, they are leagues apart.

Much better network blend, actually owned/operated in house, more DDoS protection platforms available.

when they did have a problem with their network once they fixed it within the hour

Can you connect to Softlayer now?

never had a problem, Also I have full control of my DDoS protection and can create custom firewall rules :)

This is just my opinion and my experience with zare, Clouvider I have nothing against however when looking at their network they had a good network blend but they also didn't have the options for firewall I wanted and their network gear was of lower grade, again nothing bad on their side I have tested their network and for me anyway when I tested it zare was faster and more stable.

I don't have anything bad to say, @clouvider was more than happy enough t answer my questions when I asked and he dealt with me very well however they were just not the right fit for me.

• perryoo11perryoo11 Member
    edited January 2017

I say @ssdblaze.

I have a good connection with him and is really nice to his customers.

support is fast if you know when he's on

Thanked by 1SSDBlaze
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

nah, @piohost, please do not attempt to rate our network, you've never been a Customer with us, nor you know exactly the extent of our network. I would argue with your statement. Let's keep it civil. :).

• This fully depends on where you/your clients are located. If they are EU, you want to go with either Clouvider or with Zare. If you/your clients are in the USA then you want a server located there.

Doesn't matter how good a network blend is, a big pool of water will increase pings.

Thanked by 2Clouvider quadhost
  • @Clouvider said:
    nah, @piohost, please do not attempt to rate our network, you've never been a Customer with us, nor you know exactly the extent of our network. I would argue with your statement. Let's keep it civil. :).

I don't want an argument of course not, I have not been a client of yours, no, however, i was given a server of yours to test by one of your clients I can prove this via pm, I'm not saying your service is bad what i said is your service was not the right fit for my needs

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

piohost said: I don't want an argument of course not, I have not been a client of yours, no, however, i was given a server of yours to test by one of your clients I can prove this via pm, I'm not saying your service is bad what i said is your service was not the right fit for my needs

Ok, but your statement is about something else, not about the fit or not for your needs, which is not true, which is why I chimed in to clarify. Thanks. =)

• @Clouvider said:

piohost said: I don't want an argument of course not, I have not been a client of yours, no, however, i was given a server of yours to test by one of your clients I can prove this via pm, I'm not saying your service is bad what i said is your service was not the right fit for my needs

Ok, but your statement is about something else, not about the fit or not for your needs, which is not true, which is why I chimed in to clarify. Thanks. =)

Don't think I want to slate your service, I don't, that is not my style plus I know that from reviews and from the person who lent me the server for testing that you offer brilliant service :)

oh and nor was the speed slow, Suppose I didn't particularly explain myself well however long story short, zare was a better fit for me that was the only factor that made me choice them.

Thanked by 2Clouvider Zare
  • I say @Virmach, they have good hardware at cheaper prices. Maximum support reply is for 5 hours (3 in average) with me. Good for those prices I think.

• Clouvider is the best, Ive tried many providers and they are miles ahead others.

Thanked by 1Clouvider