Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Payment system for free products
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Payment system for free products

PioHostPioHost Member
edited January 2017 in General

Hey Guys,

Basically we want to offer some free services but of course, don't want the services that have not been used for a month to sit there idle, we would rather have this space available for users that really want it.

So I have done some of my own research and found a few ways of offering a free service by making use of virtual coins a bit like vpsbit and there free vps offer, of course, we could do this but I wanted to know, is there any whmcs module that would allow me to set a time frame that if a user does not log in for x amount of days that they will get an email if they don't click the link then their products will be suspended.

or any other way of offering free products.

Just a general question im getting a quote for a custom module made but wanted to know what other providers have used or are using.

Comments

• dodedodododedodo Member
    edited January 2017

free services

Shut up and take my privacy

• Automatically apply whmcs "cancel at end of billing period" so they have to uncancel to keep the service running?

• time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep

Sell your service for dogecoins.

• depending what your free service is about, they could use it, without logging in. Like set up a website, let it run. No need to login again. You'd delete an active "customer"...

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

@cassa,

Using Carrot is a really nice and easy way of doing it. It only a little effort from the client and you treat it just like a currency so you dont need to make any modifications to how WHMCS or whatever billing system you use. You can even use CarrotPay to process real payments (mainly BTC now).

I don't mind that you're copying us :-)

If you need help, let me know. I can share with you our module code.

• @randvegeta said:
    @cassa,

Using Carrot is a really nice and easy way of doing it. It only a little effort from the client and you treat it just like a currency so you dont need to make any modifications to how WHMCS or whatever billing system you use. You can even use CarrotPay to process real payments (mainly BTC now).

I don't mind that you're copying us :-)

If you need help, let me know. I can share with you our module code.

This was the problem we were having is that we did not want to completely copy another provider.

I will pm you

• I proposed a digital cash system a while back where you would get digital coins by donating real money to charities, and then spend the coins like BTC on free products. I imagined it good for things like forum signups to prevent people from getting too many accounts without spending anything. It didn't interest anyone.