Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

4GB UK VPS for £4.00/month (~$6.26 USD)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

4GB UK VPS for £4.00/month (~$6.26 USD)

seansean Member
edited February 2013 in Offers

Introducing DireVPS. Carefully oversold OpenVZ VPS to keep your prices low.

The deal

£4.00/month per 4GB RAM, 1GB vSwap, 100GB Disk space, 2000GB monthly data transfer. Two IPv6 addresses. One IPv4 for a limited time (usually zero IPv4 other than an internat/NAT address).

Specs

RapidSwitch Datacentre (Maidenhead, UK)
4x 10k RPM in Hardware RAID10 with BBU

Disclaimer

Management decision is final. We may terminate service without refund as we see fit if we feel you are abusing it.

More info

Please see our website at DireVPS.com

Order URL

https://clients.openitc.co.uk/order/product/399

Now in true DireVPS fashion we may not answer any questions you have. If we do we, we may have to wait a few days first ;)

Comments

• @sean said: We may terminate service without refund as we see fit if we feel you are abusing it.

Let me guess: using all 4GB counts as abuse?

No thanks.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Is there a good place to set up my lawn chair? Gonna be spending a while in this thread, I can feel it.

• Is this for real or just to spite @CVPS_Chris?

• lol, oh boy, here we go.

• @sean said: Carefully oversold OpenVZ VPS to keep your prices low.

Is it me or is that the worst advert ever? "We deliberately oversell and make it cheap"?

• Must be a parody :)

• @Amarielle said: We deliberately oversell and make it cheap

ChicagoVPS isn't afraid of overselling.

• @Amarielle said: Is it me or is that the worst advert ever?

Truth in advertising perhaps?

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

Haha, site is a joke, restrictions are a joke, and no IPv4 is a joke.

No competition here.

• @Amarielle said: Is it me or is that the worst advert ever? "We deliberately oversell and make it cheap"?

It's honest if you ask me.

• Wrong @CVPS_Chris!

"One IPv4 for a limited time (usually zero IPv4 other than an internal/NAT address)."

• I never said it wasn't honest, or what others do, its just....very unusual for an ad xD

• @Amarielle said: Is it me or is that the worst advert ever? "We deliberately oversell and make it cheap"?

It's a joke I think.

@Pubcrawler, limited time could mean 1 hour or one week. No one knows. If its real the deal is unsustainable, along with a ton of other things wrong with the site etc.

My guess, this is a server that is being hosted free for the first month and the host will be gone shortly there after.

• http://direvps.com/faq.html

Looks like a joke from here. Even for a joke, I find this kind of petty for a real provider to do, especially since it lets people go through with the order.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited February 2013

@CVPS_Chris said: No competition here.

Actually it's just a bit over 7$ with extra IPv4. Beside that XenVZ/OpenITC have flawless reputation since beginning (that's around 5 years if I remember correct). Not to mention quality of Rapidswitch DC where are hosted those packages. Some limitations aren't suitable for every LEB guy here however it's still amazing deal with amazing host.

@gubbyte yeah I know how it looks like but take into consideration that this come from LEB host who don't screw up customers and flawlessly operate longer than most hosts here. I see this deal more like "take or leave it" addon to their other brands.

• AmarielleAmarielle Member
    edited February 2013

Wow....

Although the site does strike me as very very much a joke.

@Spirit, there is none. Most likely is a joke, but like others have said, if its not then its just plain terrible and looks like a 10 year old made it.

Also, this is in the UK, not my market. So yet, no competition here ;-)

• Absolute quality and im 100% sure OpenITC can pull it off. Good luck sean!

• a Bit restrictive I think!!

from the FAQ:

Question: Can I run a Minecraft server
    Answer: Nope.

Question: Do you allow IRC?

Question: Do you allow TOR?

Question: Do you allow proxy/VPN services?

Question: Do you allow BitTorrent?

Question: Do you allow Usenet?

Question: Can I use my VPS for ______?
    Answer: If you have to ask, most likely not.

Question: Will you add support for ______?
    Answer: Again, probably not unless you pay for it.

Question: Anything else I should know?
    Answer: The above terms are in addition to our standard terms agreed to upon sign up. Management decision is final. We may terminate service without refund as we see fit if we feel you are abusing it.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited February 2013

@CVPS_Chris said: looks like a 10 year old made it.

Those 10 year olds have own coded control panel in many aspect superior to SolusVM you use and get hacked... Fair point? :)

• gubbytegubbyte Member
    edited February 2013

http://direvps.com/support.html

We do not provide any sort of support with our DireVPS product line. We will actively ignore any e-mails sent to us regarding a DireVPS service unless you either agree to a support contract up front or are willing to pay for our time.

You pretty much have two options here: Order support through our control panel or cancel your service. It's as simple as that.

• Ouch! @Spirit.

I couldn't give a turd worth about what something looks like. I care about the uptime, reliability, CPU, etc.

All the limitations, I think they are good. Most of what is delineated as disallowed is what causes shared environment servers to suck and be trouble magnets. Would you like DDoS with your server? How about police seizing the drives.

• AmarielleAmarielle Member
    edited February 2013

Ye this has to be an elaborate joke right? Kinda funny when you read the whole site.

Edit, just saw the footer: N.B. Whilst this website is farce it sells a serious product.
    We cannot guarantee a Dire experience.

Nicely done I guess.

• I am wondering if this could be good also as reliable backup/storage offer? I am not much into that and I don't know how much cost comparable "100GB Disk space, 2000GB monthly data transfer, RAID10" storage offers at market but it seems like a decent capacity for this money to me.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited February 2013

We sell 200 gb with KVM for the price and SAN storage. But not 4 GB ram :P

@Spirit said: I am wondering if this could be good also as reliable backup/storage offer?

Other than that, I like the style :) It goes to the bottom of unmanaged and oversold.
    We need something like this in the park. It can be fun too :)
    Welcome and have fun :)
    Life is too short to waste it in attacks and looks much better spent if you do business with a smile and not at your competitor's throat. I really wish this is successful !

• @earl said: Management decision is final. We may terminate service without refund as we see fit if we feel you are abusing it.

Joke or not I would not touch this with a 100ft. pole. Not even as a back up server.

That basically gives them the right to terminate you when/if they want to and not refund any portion of your money. They just have to "FEEL" you are abusing it, not have any proof what so ever. You also agree they are right as their decision is final.

Uhh yeah thanks but no thanks.

• dire [daɪə]
    adj (usually prenominal)
    1. Also direful disastrous; fearful
    2. desperate; urgent a dire need
    3. foreboding disaster; ominous a dire warning
    [from Latin dīrus ominous, fearful; related to Greek deos fear]

• @AuroraZ said: That basically gives them the right to terminate you when/if they want to and not refund any portion of your money. They just have to "FEEL" you are abusing it, not have any proof what so ever. You also agree they are right as their decision is final.

It's unlikely that we'll terminate VPS for no good reason. It's there so we can kick our spammers or people who purposely run a dd test every 2 minutes or something. It does not mean we're just going to delete your data immediately because we feel like it. Clauses like this exist in most terms of service anyway.

In the worst case scenario we can supply a .tar.gz of a VPS that has been suspended for any reason.

To clarify, please feel free to use all 4GB legitimately and there will be no reason for us to terminate your VPS.

• P.s. As our website says it's pretty much a piss take but the offer behind it is serious.