Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MilesWeb deceitful practices, dishonest provider
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MilesWeb deceitful practices, dishonest provider

jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I promised them that I would do this as a way to thank them for actually taking the time to request that we unban them for shilling for themselves. Upon doing so, they helped me to identify their attempt at ban evasion and continued shilling:

https://www.lowendtalk.com/profile/147779/Chitwan

Highly recommend MilesWeb as a provider to avoid.

(Take a shit on our community, watch me return the favor)

Comments

• WSSWSS Member

• Such deception. Tremendous.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited January 2017

We have the best @jarland's, don't we folks?

Francisco

• williewillie Member
    edited January 2017

MilesWeb is scam!! Fart mother!!!

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@willie said:

While I don't defend them, be aware that first part of your post can land you a defamation suit.

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

@Clouvider said:

@willie said:

While I don't defend them, be aware that first part of your post can land you a defamation suit.

Change !! To.?? Problem solved

• @Clouvider said:

@willie said:

I mean while you're correct I highly doubt they will take the time and money to sue.

@Jarland - nice work finding them out. A bit of name and shame is some nice justice to see.

IThinkUFailed said: I mean while you're correct I highly doubt they will take the time and money to sue.

Agree, but better safe than sorry =)

• "is scam" is a meme around here I thought. Usually it means the company did fine and it's the poster who's scamming. Maybe not this time, but that's what makes it funny.

@willie said:
    "is scam" is a meme around here I thought. Usually it means the company did fine and it's the poster who's scamming. Maybe not this time, but that's what makes it funny.

Got it, but that wouldn't fly if you'd be taken to court over it.

I don't mind, it doesn't bother me, I just figured it's good to remind of the basics in case it would get out of control and they'd be angry enough to do something about it :-).

• HxxxHxxx Member
    edited January 2017

Well that's his opinion. If he wants to say they are scam, well he can, joke or serious as long as it doesn't violate any rules. To be fair the most it could happen is that their lawyer issue a letter requesting an "action desist" or some other sophisticated term to just say, warning: shut up or we take it to court. Which well... again...if the provider is from India and the guy from Panama, yeah you know, nothing will happen. Even if he is in the USA. But don't take my word, I just wanted to add another reply, upping the counter.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • Well if he was shilling, that is scam.

• If you really wanted to hurt them, you'd let them continue to post only to replace all links they post with a rickroll.

Thanked by 1willie
  • @willie said:
    Well if he was shilling, that is scam.

Shilling is dishonest advertising, but it's not a scam.

Thanked by 2Clouvider bersy
  • jiggawattjiggawatt Member
    edited January 2017

Nekki said: Shilling is dishonest advertising, but it's not a scam.

It is a scam because shilling behind a fake account is hiding the pecuniary interest in the commentary. The service itself might not be a scam; the comments are.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited January 2017

It's an indian based hosting provider with majority of it's customers being fake cloth stores, online drug stores and black hat seo.. what did you expect?

Ohh.. and they advertise in wjunction.

• Well done @jarland.

• Okay. According to the Oxford dictionary, scamming refers to:

@Nekki I'm not disagreeing with you, but lying = fraud? Whether it be a fake review, or self promotion, MilesWeb is being dishonest. One could say that it is scamming, or not, but regardless, they're lying, which is why @jarland suggested against using them.

• I'm not going to argue about the words, suffice to say we have a lot of them and I believe in using the most accurate ones.

Fucking about with the English language is why the word 'literally' officially means 'figuratively' now. Makes me sick.

• WSSWSS Member

@Nekki said:
    I'm not going to argue about the words, suffice to say we have a lot of them and I believe in using the most accurate ones.

Fucking about with the English language is why the word 'literally' officially means 'figuratively' now. Makes me sick.

I blame Alanis Morissette for changing ironic into coincidental, myself.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • WSS said: I blame Alanis Morissette for changing ironic into coincidental, myself.

There's a whole bundle of disasters in that particular song, but I think Ms Morissette has been rewarded by having her career fall rapidly off a cliff after Jagged Little Pill.

Thanked by 1WSS
  • WSSWSS Member

A little ironic, I really do think.

• For a moment there, I thought this was commentary on their service.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited January 2017

@ricardo said:
    For a moment there, I thought this was commentary on their service.

Admittedly intended. Sometimes I feel like things we deal with that aren't obvious to the members here should be made obvious. I could, perhaps, word it more professionally though. It makes me so mad when people try to use dishonest and shady marketing tactics here.

• Looks like this case just got.... jarlanded....

• I can literally see they did nothing to hide their shilling. It's too easy to spot the comments and know that they're heavily shilling.

• @jarland said:
    It makes me so mad when people try to use dishonest and shady marketing tactics here.

Thanked by 1jar
  • I could, perhaps

I would. Promoting/spamming at [niche relevant forum] is going to be par for the course for any competitive industry and has been for yonks. Seems a bit of a low ball to insinuate it to be something more than that. Some providers are better than others though I'm sure there's a hint of a correlation between how they conduct themselves in public and how well they perform. I suppose if you want to take the leap, better to be absolutely sure you know they're the owner and... not a competitor for instance.

Thanked by 1jar
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

ricardo said: better to be absolutely sure you know they're the owner and... not a competitor for instance

I can be sure of that. Do appreciate the advice. I will consider a more tame approach next time of merely presenting the facts without clear judgement.

Thanked by 1ricardo
  • ricardoricardo Member
    edited January 2017

I've found the most effective approach is to have the functionality where no one but them can see their posts. It takes them a long time to figure out their words aren't being noticed and the realisation of their spent energy investment is a nice deterrent...

I understand where you're coming from though. It seems like the karmic response... this is your place :)