Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

i3D.net $30~ dual xeon at WHT
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

i3D.net $30~ dual xeon at WHT

SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran
edited February 2013 in Offers

I saw this offer here on WHT
http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1234899

How is this company, they are selling 4GB dual xeon with dual hd for $30~ pm .. never heard of them before but looking around found , looks reliable company, any views..

PS , if its in wrong section, please move it..

Comments

• Unfortunately there is not direct order link (which IIRC was mandatory for offers posted on WHT). You need to email their sales to learn about the catches.

• SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2013

i3D is a pretty big company / datacenter in NL iirc, they've been around for long iirc again

nice offer though :P

• IshaqIshaq Member
    edited February 2013

Nice.

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

That's a great deal, I must say!

• 16 IP's and two drives max apparently, such a shame :(

• too bad it only comes with one IP, but thanks for posting...

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

They say you need to contact sales to get more details, however ,their upgrades are looking costly.

• @Saahib said: however ,their upgrades are looking costly.

I would imagine that's how they make their money, but at least it includes two drives...

• MonsteRMonsteR Member
    edited February 2013

I3d.., have you seen there data center (SmartDC) ? Leeks breaking out(in their old warehouse), damp and the temperature is all over the place.. as they don't seem to monitor it, My experiences from I3D / SmartDC at least.

• SmartDC is used by leaseweb, too.

I don't know how you've "seen" their data center

• @Ishaq said: SmartDC is used by leaseweb, too.

No, it is not. Someone trolled you.

• MonsteRMonsteR Member
    edited February 2013

@Ishaq said: SmartDC is used by leaseweb, too.

I3D is there biggest provider because of EA, Leaseweb don't have any presence in SmartDC I don't believe.

• MonsteRMonsteR Member
    edited February 2013

Most of Leasewebs Netherlands side is in Evoswitch Isn't it?

• i3D.net it seems to be a domain for 3D movie :)

• @apollo15 said: No, it is not. Someone trolled you.

No. I mixed it up, it's EvoSwitch. Nevermind.

• apollo15apollo15 Member
    edited February 2013

@Ishaq said: No. I mixed it up, it's EvoSwitch. Nevermind.

Yes, correct.

And SmartDC is a nice place. InstantDedicated pulled 2 DC moves during the night without telling anyone, even customers. Now they are single homed to Atrato and false advertising as multi-homes and redundant network. Jelle isn't a honest guy. @Jack

• Well I really need to rent at least the cheapest one since this is the best deal I've ever seen in The Netherlands.

• IPv6 is an extra 2 euros.

IPMI is 10 euros.

• Just ordered one, curious how long it will take them.

• @Ishaq said: IPv6 is an extra 2 euros.

They only allow 30 Ipv4 max per server as well at I3D.

• taronyutaronyu Member
    edited February 2013

@ztec said: Just ordered one, curious how long it will take them.

Also sended a mail, i3d quality is really good from what I hear. A friend/company of my is hosting their servers in the i3d DC. As far as I heard from them the DC is really good.

edit: email reply within 3 minutes!

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

@Ishaq said: IPv6 is an extra 2 euros.

Per month?

• @jack - Well said, I've had the same info from Jelle too, dirty tactics at getting clients i'd say.

Also I have used SmartDC I never had any issues with them except there IP pricing :P

• X3210, xeon but not "dual"

• Ramon at sales is very reactive. Some anwers he gave me:

For the promo’s we have a maximum of 4 IPs for promo1 and a maximum of 8 IPs for promo 2. (we can make an exception if you need 6 IPs for promo1)

A /29 IPv4 block (6 IPs) adds a monthly fee is €8 extra a month (4 IPs more than the default offer billed at € 2 per IP). If you want a /29 as your own VLAN please add an additional €50 one time setup fee for configuring this)

By default our IPv6 offer is a /64 per server. The IPv6 block has a flat fee of €2 a month (can be shared across multiple servers if preferred)

No setup fee. No additional fee for OS installed with software RAID 1.

I just placed an order for a Dell PowerEdge 860 with CPU Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X3210@ 2.13GHz. Confirmation message says:

For dedicated servers in stock, we have a maximum of 3 days for setup and configuration. In most cases this will be within the next 24 hours but we cannot guarantee this.

I will keep you posted.

• ztecztec Member
    edited February 2013

I already got my server, however re-installs are 50 euro / each.
    Ping is not that great considering I'm pretty close to the DC.

Now I really have to think through if I get plesk or zPanel for this one.

• why are they charging for ipv6

• @fly said: why are they charging for ipv6

I'm a little shocked they charge for re-installs :P

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited February 2013

@ztec said: re-installs are 50 euro / each.

@netadmin said: The IPv6 block has a flat fee of €2 a month

Looks like it is the new practice that's in fashion, sell a "cheap" dedi, and then nickle-and-dime the client for every little thing. A monthly fee for IPv6 is just beyond silly and is a huge turn-off for me. Not to mention the outrageous reinstall cost. I wonder how long before they will start charging for reboots, or for each login into their management panel.

• Its cheaper to just order a new server then re-install -O_