Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Virtualizor 2.9.0.0 Launched (Stable)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Virtualizor 2.9.0.0 Launched (Stable)

Hi,

The Virtualizor Team has released Virtualizor 2.9.0.0
This version introduces new Admin Dashboard, VLAN support for KVM and XenServer and some bug fixes.
The following are the complete list of changes :

1) [Feature] We have revamped the Admin Dashboard. Here is the screenshot of the same :

2) [Feature] In this version we have added VLAN support. At the moment it is available only for KVM and XenServer. Here is the link for guide :
(http://virtualizor.com/wiki/VLAN)

3) [Feature] Now Enduser will get email regarding completion of OS Reinstall. When Admin rebuilds the VPS, he can choose whether to send email to enduser or not.

4) [Task] Now when VPS will be created or reinstalled from Admin / Enduser panel, all operations from the Enduser Panel will be locked for that VPS.

5) [Task] Now the Enduser OS Reinstall wizard will push the task in the background.

6) [Task] The Task duration, SSH port, Max SSH login attempts settings in Slave setting are made optional.

7) [Task] Added "Disable Compression" checkbox while starting the migration process. It will not compress the VPS data during the migration task.

8) [Task] Added link to login to Enduser panel from Manage VPS page in Admin Panel.

9) [Task] Added dropdown option on Processes page in Admin panel instead of icons.

10) [Task] Added multi-select test connection option, to test PDNS servers on PDNS page in Admin panel.

11) [BugFix] When migrating a VPS created on RAW storage, the new disk on the destination node was not sparsed. This is now fixed.

12) [Bugfix] On CentOS 7.3 File based (RAW and QCOW2) VPS Disk was not able to mount due to removed support for guestmount (For Windows VPS). This is fixed now.
NOTE : QCOW2 storages are still restricted for Windows guest on Centos 7.3. We are working to support this by compiling our own libguestfs.

13) [Bugfix] Control panel and Recipe installation on one VPS at the same time was not possible. This is fixed now.

14) [BugFix] Backups were failing if Disable Compression was selected in VPS Backups Setting on Ubuntu Nodes. This is fixed now.

Virtualizor supports OpenVZ, Xen, XenServer, LXC and Linux-KVM on CentOS and Ubuntu and they all can be managed from the Master. We are adding more features and if you have any suggestions, do let us know. We hope you enjoy this version of Virtualizor.

Regards,

The Virtualizor Team

Comments

• Good job keep it up :) Never was a fan of solus + you guys are acctually quick on the support end!

• perryoo11perryoo11 Member
    edited January 2017

what do you mean with stable?
    i have the new update and keeps craching.
    an undefined error.

well i like the design.

• Really like the new admin overview, running stable for us.. +1 Virtualizor, keep it going and don't ever consider selling out to OnApp :)

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

1 little observation, why take up all the real estate on the screen with an 1999 inspired powered by intel logo and not have the actual CPU model/clock anywhere?

Now if you would clean up that absolute mess on the left hand side we would be really getting somewhere :p

The dashboard design is nice, but I don't think you really understand what a dashboard should be.

You are showing a single server on a dashboard, that is not really very helpful, a 'dashboard' that I was designing would as a minimum have:

A list of all slave and an easy status indicator e.g. red light for unreachable, amber for reachable but high load or 'an undesirable condition', green light for everything is fine.

Quick stats such as, number of active users total , number of suspended servers, number of Xen/OpenVZ/Xenserver/KVM

Version/patch notes

Admin notes

Who is logged in/ login logs/last customer actions

You know... generally good overview stuff that is actually of use to me at a glance on a dashboard.

I am sure you don't use a different desk for every type of task you work on, why have a separate dashboard for every server?

It is great to have a server specific dash, with more drilled down numbers and graphs over time etc but what you show in that screenshot is not a true admin dashboard.

Keep up the good work, still far to many little odd things and strange decisions for me to consider moving over but it is good to know the option exists when solusvm finishes its nose dive and hits the ground.

Do you have OpenVZ 7 support yet?

• Hi,

@AnthonySmith, thanks for the input.

Some quick pointers :

number of Xen/OpenVZ/Xenserver/KVM

Hover on the VPS number and it will show that.

Quick stats such as, number of active users total , number of suspended servers

Will be added.

Version/patch notes

Is there at the bottom.

Admin notes

>

Who is logged in/ login logs/last customer actions

Will be added.

Internally beta testing. So 1-2 weeks away for public beta. But not all features will be there right from the start.

Again, thanks for the input and we will add these things.

Regards

• The new admin dashboard is much better, looks a lot more modern - Keep up the good work!

• I have had this since beta and i must admit that the admin dash looks a lot better and gives me everything i like to see, quick one though as i would love to see this feature.

Maybe you could add Disk io usage reports and on avarage how much each user uses over say 5-15 minute average

• quadhostquadhost Member
    edited January 2017

piohost said: Maybe you could add Disk io usage reports and on avarage how much each user uses over say 5-15 minute average

Don't add any more stats/graphs unless they can be opted out from selection - the panel is slow enough as it is!

virtualizor said: Some quick pointers :

• New UI can't count number of overall instances for us.

• Traffic throttling/bandwidth control on bonded NiC's is still broken (and for eth1/em1 in some cases) - some months now.

• KVM IPv6 routing is still funky.

virtualizor said: 7) [Task] Added "Disable Compression" checkbox while starting the migration process. It will not compress the VPS data during the migration task.

Finally!

AnthonySmith said: The dashboard design is nice, but I don't think you really understand what a dashboard should be.

Or why we need another one, I thought thats why @virtualizor spent a few versions re-designing the whole framework?

• @quadhost The panel works amazing for us, we have not noticed any slowness at all, 1 master server (small dedicated server) + 4 servers and no slowness at all, however, the option to enable and disable stats would be amazing.

• quadhostquadhost Member
    edited January 2017

@piohost, scale up and you'll see it, its not something they don't know about.

Small installs or standard slave setups always seem snappy, bigger setups are where the slowdowns seem to occur.

From memory it used to be the number of IP's that caused the slowdown, they claim to have patched it but the last few releases are just getting slower and slower to load.

virtualizor said: Hover on the VPS number and it will show that.

So do you mean that above the 'server statistics' the blue box that says "36 VPS" means in total for all slaves?

• @quadspark I cant say i have noticed a slowdown from 32 ips to now over 300 however we are only a small host currently.

I can imagine that there are alot of panel that well have problems one you have so many servers/ips etc, Maybe you can split up master nodes and only add say x amount of servers to it, more work i suppose but would solve speed issues.

• Hi,

@AnthonySmith said:
    So do you mean that above the 'server statistics' the blue box that says "36 VPS" means in total for all slaves?

Yes, the top colored boxes are cluster stats.

quadhost said: From memory it used to be the number of IP's that caused the slowdown, they claim to have patched it but the last few releases are just getting slower and slower to load.

That is fixed.
    Can you elaborate as to what is slow ? Creation of VPS, enduser panel, admin panel ? Email us and I will get in touch with you : sales at virtualizor.com

KVM IPv6 routing is still funky.

I asked the devs and they said, your IPv6 route issue was solved.

@piohost, we will see what we can do with the Disk IO.

Regards

Thanked by 1quadhost
  • The panel looks way better then the old one. :)

Thanked by 1joeri
  • virtualizor said: I asked the devs and they said, your IPv6 route issue was solved.

No, they just stopped replying to update requests on it and have failed to clarify the changes either way. We then changed the network topology to work with how you expect IPv6 to function, not how it should.

virtualizor said: Can you elaborate as to what is slow ?

List VPS/Edit VPS as per the emails/Skype chats since this update.

No comment on bandwidth issues - as no further updates over Skype/ticket recently?

piohost said: I cant say i have noticed a slowdown from 32 ips to now over 300 however we are only a small host currently.

IIRC 18k IP's was where it started to flag, the speed loss I'm referring to doesn't appear to be caused by them as its visible in other places.

I'm glad new features and skins are being pushed/added if thats what other hosts are requesting but I'd rather you fix what is already meant to be functional.

quadhost said: I'm glad new features and skins are being pushed/added if thats what other hosts are requesting but I'd rather you fix what is already meant to be functional.

Indeed, they need to just ignore me and work on a true stable branch, then worry about the interface, and then start adding new features that are well considered and tested one at a time.

I don't think this will ever be achieved without a public bug/issue/feature requests tracker though, to many voices and no way to properly organize them.

• Host4GeeksHost4Geeks Member, Host Rep

The biggest problem with you guys is that for every support request that is opened your first response is to ask for root access to the server.

• jmginerjmginer Member, Patron Provider

Internally beta testing. So 1-2 weeks away for public beta. But not all features will be there right from the start.

@virtualizor

Speedup please.