Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a small VPS for a PiHole sort of thingy - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a small VPS for a PiHole sort of thingy

2»

Comments

• @ethancedrik said:
    Yeah, sadly enough they seem to all be (something).googlevideo.com, such as r6---sn-vgqs7ns7.googlevideo.com for example, I wonder if you could do a wildcard block on *.googlevideo.com but I'm afraid that would block other non-ad content

That would block YouTube video's.

• Centos is garbage

• @Cyph3r said:
    Centos is garbage

does this include redhat?

• I have installed the Pi-hole shit on an OVH Public cloud server which has a /27, /28 and a /30 routed on it.

It works fine, however Pi-hole is binding to all those addresses, even if I stated which address to use... Searched for an answer on google and on their website with no success.

Anyone has an idea on how to solve this?

• @FredQc said:
    I have installed the Pi-hole shit on an OVH Public cloud server which has a /27, /28 and a /30 routed on it.

It works fine, however Pi-hole is binding to all those addresses, even if I stated which address to use... Searched for an answer on google and on their website with no success.

maybe contact them

• Post it here, https://github.com/pi-hole/pi-hole/issues/ include details like OS version, etc.

Thanked by 1FredQc
  • robinjoo1 said: maybe contact them

Yeah

ethancedrik said: Post it here

Will do it for sure if I can't resolve this situation soon...

However, I just found how to change the admin area IP with lighttpd.conf

• @FredQc said:
    I have installed the Pi-hole shit on an OVH Public cloud server which has a /27, /28 and a /30 routed on it.

I found the solution :

You have to manually edit /etc/pihole/setupVars.conf and configure PIHOLE_INTERFACE to whatever the interface you want it to bind. It is eth0 by default even if you specified the IP on setup time.

Then repair the Pi-hole shit with this command : pihole -r Just restart the dns won't do it.

Flush your DNS on your client and it works

Hopes this help someone ;-)