Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do you trust storage VPS from LET vendors? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How do you trust storage VPS from LET vendors?

2»

Comments

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited January 2017

The big difference between you and Wall Street, the Wall Street spend more that $10 for 250GB of storage and I dont think they use LEB market for it

• williewillie Member
    edited January 2017

impossiblystupid said: People just need to be realistic if they want to weather a major disaster.

Sure. Having backups in geographically separate locations is quite realistic for LET users. I do it for anything important and I don't see the big deal. Even small bits of separation can help: where I worked all our live data was replicated in a separate rack in another part of the DC on a separate power circuit. That way if (e.g.) a fire, halon dump, or electrical zap took out a rack or aisle of racks, we wouldn't be hosed. Daily backups were stored in a remote DC, in case an earthquake or something took out the DC where our main stuff was. We weren't Wall Street either. This was just common sense. We were on AWS but LEB users could do the same thing.

I don't see any problem with replicating data using LEB plans. Lowendspirit (the cheapest of all the LEB plans) was designed partly for that purpose.

• @willie said:
    Sure. Having backups in geographically separate locations is quite realistic for LET users.

Yes, but just doing that doesn't get you the things you claim it gets you. The most important part of having backups is doing a recovery of the systems. The job is simply not done just because you buy a distant storage server and start dumping data there. It is bad advice to keep going on about making more and more copies.